Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Satt Deal

MrCraig
School: Appalachian State

Re: Satt Deal

Unread post by MrCraig » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:32 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:34 pm
Boone Goon wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:25 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 pm
Where did you find the press conference Boone Goon?

I watched it on the local TV station's feed, but here it is on Youtube
Have any of you looked at the faces of the kids and Beth? They don't want to be there. She smiled genuinely when he mentioned when they met and their time at App as athletes. To Beth, I am sorry you have to go through that. I know your heart is in Boone 100% even though Scott says he has seen his dream come true of being at Louisville.

I won't be looking at anymore Louisville or Satt stuff now. Seeing that makes me mad and shows me we now have to get in AAC, increase revenue, and keep other teams from poaching us so easily. I hope Gillin is mad at that as well and is as committed as I hope the rest of us are in preventing this from happening every 2-3 years.
I think you have an incredibly inflated idea of how important Appalachian State is in the greater college football picture. Going to the AAC won't help us keep coaches longer. Look how many coaches have been at UCF, USF, Memphis, and Cincinnati over the last 10 years. And as for Beth and the kids, press conferences aren't exactly the most exciting events, but I can think of three million reasons for Beth to be excited for this move, and one, one thousand dollar a month reason that the kids will like this move.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:02 am

Of course the kids are bummed. I've never met a teenager that enjoyed moving away from their friends. They'll thank their dad once their in their mid-late 20's.

That said, I bet the family stays in Boone one more year, son is a junior.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:03 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:02 am
Of course the kids are bummed. I've never met a teenager that enjoyed moving away from their friends. They'll thank their dad once their in their mid-late 20's.

Yes, his son is a junior and wants to win a State Championship next year! :)

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:05 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:10 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:12 am
Apptiger wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:36 pm
Did you notice how Scott still referred to App as "we" will win in the bowl game? At the end of the day, I think he felt like he had accomplished all he could here and it was time for a new challenge. I also think he will help us as much as he can moving forward. Most likely with recruits that just miss P5.
Wish he was still here.Wish him well and hope the transition is not too difficult on the family.
Actually he did not do all he could do here. He could have stayed and gone 13-0 next year and that alone would have done everything he has yet to do. 1. Has not swept the SBC 2. Has not gone undefeated 3. Has not beaten a P5 4. Has not finished ranked 5. Has not made it to a NY6 Bowl

If he had gone 13-0 next year he could have done all of that and then I would 100% agree and believe him when he says he did all he could and this is about a new challenge.

He left for Louisville for one reason and one reason only... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.... It was all about the money here and he was given 3M+ plus reasons to leave as opposed to the 900-950K reasons he had to stay.
Enough. It wasn’t just about money.
I know you aren't saying it's all about money...but even if it was - who cares?

Do any of you realize what Scott just did for his family? Paid for all three of his kids colleges, paid for his daughter's wedding, never has to worry about paying a mortgage again if he doesn't want. He probably paid for his grandkids college and weddings too. That's what that kind of money can do for someone.

I guarantee you there were years where Scott made less than $20k to be a college coach, living in some crummy house outside Boone with other young coaches, and still kept at it, and stayed at App, because he loved App and he loved coaching...and people want to act like he's greedy now because he earned a shot at a bigger job and more money for his family? Who the F are you?

No one on here would ever say no if someone asked you to do the same job you have now for 8 times the money...so stop acting like its any different for him.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:15 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:03 am
Saint3333 wrote:

Yes, his son is a junior and wants to win a State Championship next year! :)
So if they stay in Boone for Bryce to play his Senior year in Boone, what do they do the following year when Isaac will be a Senior, and then the following year when their daughter would be a Senior. This is why I thought they would stay for a few more years. The smiles on their faces yesterday looked forced. Beth
included.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:23 am

Children of military personnel experience this more than once, it's rough.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:32 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:23 am
Children of military personnel experience this more than once, it's rough.
Very true. I am from Fayetteville and saw it a lot when I was a kid. Hopefully they will embrace it rather than spend their time being miserable. I think the expressions on Beth’s face was more to her seeing her kids unhappy more than anything else.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:35 am

Saint3333 wrote:

No delete function
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:38 am

appgrad wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:05 am
Rekdiver wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Apptiger wrote:
Did you notice how Scott still referred to App as "we" will win in the bowl game? At the end of the day, I think he felt like he had accomplished all he could here and it was time for a new challenge. I also think he will help us as much as he can moving forward. Most likely with recruits that just miss P5.
Wish he was still here.Wish him well and hope the transition is not too difficult on the family.
Actually he did not do all he could do here. He could have stayed and gone 13-0 next year and that alone would have done everything he has yet to do. 1. Has not swept the SBC 2. Has not gone undefeated 3. Has not beaten a P5 4. Has not finished ranked 5. Has not made it to a NY6 Bowl

If he had gone 13-0 next year he could have done all of that and then I would 100% agree and believe him when he says he did all he could and this is about a new challenge.

He left for Louisville for one reason and one reason only... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.... It was all about the money here and he was given 3M+ plus reasons to leave as opposed to the 900-950K reasons he had to stay.

Do any of you realize what Scott just did for his family? Paid for all three of his kids colleges, paid for his daughter's wedding, never has to worry about paying a mortgage again if he doesn't want. He probably paid for his grandkids college and weddings too. That's what that kind of money can do for someone.

I guarantee you there were years where Scott made less than $20k to be a college coach, living in some crummy house outside Boone with other young coaches, and still kept at it, and stayed at App, because he loved App and he loved coaching...and people want to act like he's greedy now because he earned a shot at a bigger job and more money for his family? Who the F are you?

No one on here would ever say no if someone asked you to do the same job you have now for 8 times the money...so stop acting like its any different for him.
Speak for yourself. Some things are more important than money.
Google SUX

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:50 am

I'll pull for Scott like I did Bobby Cremins. He is seeking the next challenge, seeing if he can compete at the next level. I wish him the best and feel sure that he will always have a special place in his heart for ASU as Bobby does. Bobby Cremins, a yankee, has always loved Appalachian and he was here for what - about 5 years? But was compelled to move to the next challenge. Coaches don't stay forever (well, there are a few that might).

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:01 am

NewApp wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:38 am
appgrad wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Apptiger wrote:

You mean like the things I listed? Security for you and your family? Never having to worry about money ever again?

Just admit it - you want your football coach to act differently that you would in that situation because it is important for YOU to feel good about your football team. You could give a crap about what is important to Scott or his family. Selfish.

Budman2154

Unread post by Budman2154 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:04 am

Not a big surprise that he is taking coaches. ITs what they do. I just hope Doug Gillin is at the top of his game with the new hire and hopefully sooner than later we will hear who that person is and how may of his coaches are accompanying him to Boone. Would take the entire ND State staff right now. Just sayn.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:11 am

appgrad wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:01 am
NewApp wrote:
appgrad wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

You mean like the things I listed? Security for you and your family? Never having to worry about money ever again?

Just admit it - you want your football coach to act differently that you would in that situation because it is important for YOU to feel good about your football team. You could give a crap about what is important to Scott or his family. Selfish.
Family IS a good excuse. Perhaps if he was thinking about his family, he would stay in Boone.
Google SUX

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:18 am

I don’t mind or even blame him for leaving. He and his kids never will have to worry about money if they manage it correctly.

Just don’t gut our program.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:18 am

No way Satt could turn down this deal. Huge bucks that will keep his family secure for a generation or two and being in the ACC with an actual shot at the NC Playoff. Best of luck to him.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 am

I don’t blame Satt for leaving. I mean if you get the opportunity you have to take it. It does suck because he would have done great things next year. But we will have the same players so we will be ok. We are stacked. He will have to do things quick at UL. Their fans won’t give him much leway on losing season to start.

People have said that DG has had a list for a while or replacements, I am surprised we have not heard anything about people interviewing for the job? I would think they would have some rumors on FootballScoop.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:16 am

NewApp wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:11 am
appgrad wrote:
NewApp wrote:
appgrad wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:

Family IS a good excuse. Perhaps if he was thinking about his family, he would stay in Boone.
You’re right… I forgot that you can see into his family’s internal workings. I’m sure no discussions were had, they were all completely uncomfortable with the move, and are now all completely miserable. He did this completely on his own. I should’ve deferred to your psychic abilities. And obviously, no one should ever want to live anywhere else but Boone… That’s why we all live there right? Oh wait…

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:17 am

NewApp wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:11 am
appgrad wrote:
NewApp wrote:
appgrad wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:

A most presumptuous statement by you to determine what's in the best interest of his family.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:09 pm

FWIW, I sent an email to UL AD Tyra explaining how to pronounce Appalachian. I cannot understand how an AD at a major University can't pronounce the name of our University correctly. We've been on the national stage athletically long enough that shouldn't happen.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:14 pm

yosef13 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:56 pm
Does he get free Papa John's?

Too soon?
Kentucky Fried Chicken is a donor
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”