Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Urban Meyer

GOAPPS37
School: Appalachian State

Urban Meyer

Unread post by GOAPPS37 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:45 am

Don't laugh but what about Urban Meyer as our next HC? Sure, he says he is going to retire after the bowl game but I want to believe he simply wants to get away from Ohio State and all the crap he has dealt with especially during this season. I want to think he still wants to coach for several more years and what better place to continue than in Boone with a solid program awaiting your arrival and away from the limelight he has been so accustomed to. You say, "we can't afford him". Heck, he has made so much money during his career, maybe he would be perfectly be fine with a $900,000 range contract and love the thought of settling down in a quiet little town in the most beautiful part of the state and finish out his coaching career. At least we would be somewhat confident this position would be his last and not a stepping stone for a bigger gig somewhere else. He has already experienced that. I know this is a far fetched idea, but I think it is at least worth a try for DG to make a call to gauge any interest. Mack Brown came back to coaching at age 67, why not Urban Meyer simply continuing his profession at age 54?

NavyApp

Re: Urban Meyer

Unread post by NavyApp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:14 am

GOAPPS37 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:45 am
Don't laugh but what about Urban Meyer as our next HC? Sure, he says he is going to retire after the bowl game but I want to believe he simply wants to get away from Ohio State and all the crap he has dealt with especially during this season. I want to think he still wants to coach for several more years and what better place to continue than in Boone with a solid program awaiting your arrival and away from the limelight he has been so accustomed to. You say, "we can't afford him". Heck, he has made so much money during his career, maybe he would be perfectly be fine with a $900,000 range contract and love the thought of settling down in a quiet little town in the most beautiful part of the state and finish out his coaching career. At least we would be somewhat confident this position would be his last and not a stepping stone for a bigger gig somewhere else. He has already experienced that. I know this is a far fetched idea, but I think it is at least worth a try for DG to make a call to gauge any interest. Mack Brown came back to coaching at age 67, why not Urban Meyer simply continuing his profession at age 54?
This is a joke right? We pride ourselves on having a program that is good on the field and off of it; and you're pining for the biggest scum bag in the sport. The man literally stays at a place until all of his scandals and dirt start to blow up in his face then he conveniently "retires" for health reasons and to spend more time with his family. Florida still hasn't recovered from his departure and you want that crap on the mountain? No you were joking, right?
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:49 am

GOAPPS37 wrote:
I’m not laughing. He might but don’t know until you ask. I’ve had the same thought. Imagine the recruits alone.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:50 am

Appsolutely not
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:54 am

GOAPPS37 wrote:
Yea that would be great. Maybe he can get Greg Hardy to coach DL, Josh Gordon for WRs and Ray Rice for RBs.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:55 am

Hell no

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:02 am

No way. This guy is a scumbag and I have a history of hating every team he has ever coached. We talk about getting a guy that fits our culture...... This guy would destroy every element of what the Black and gold stands for all for the sake of winning. We would win, but die in his wake.

No thanks
The Appalachian State

yosefshat

Unread post by yosefshat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 am

We don't have the money to pay Scott Satterfield, you think we can afford Urban Meyer?

yosefshat

Unread post by yosefshat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 am

We don't have the money to pay Scott Satterfield, you think we can afford Urban Meyer?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:17 am

Urban Liar? Yeah....right.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:32 am

appstatealum wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:02 am
No way. This guy is a scumbag and I have a history of hating every team he has ever coached. We talk about getting a guy that fits our culture...... This guy would destroy every element of what the Black and gold stands for all for the sake of winning. We would win, but die in his wake.

No thanks
Urban Meyer is retiring for health issues, who would pass on the money the $9M he makes? He may be an ass.

Didn't Jerry Moore go to Utah and study Urban's offense before we implemented the spread? Don't hate on Urban too bad, he had a hand in our earlier success.
BLACK SATURDAY

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:45 am

Last edited by WataugaMan on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:46 am

I believe Jerry went to West Virginia to study the spread not Utah.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:47 am

yosefshat wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 am
If money is a major motivation for him still then you are right. But, if like many of us as we age, he is ready to drop back to a less pressurized job but still wants to coach, we could provide him a little pocket change, along with a nice little place to retire.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:49 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:46 am
Utah also while Urban was there.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:49 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:46 am
Urban had a hand in it, iirc
BLACK SATURDAY

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:50 am

This thread is in no way rooted in reality.

And if it were: https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndicatio ... t.amp.html

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:50 am

No thanks, I'd rather we not be good than to hire him. How about Jim Tressel?

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:53 am

HighPointApp wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:50 am
Appsolutely not
Good enough for Florida and Ohio State, and rumors already USC might be interested, but not good enough for App State. Get real. We aren’t trying to win the moral bowl, but rather a news years day one.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:32 am
appstatealum wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:02 am

No thanks
Urban Meyer is retiring for health issues, who would pass on the money the $9M he makes? He may be an ass.

Didn't Jerry Moore go to Utah and study Urban's offense before we implemented the spread? Don't hate on Urban too bad, he had a hand in our earlier success.
You got me wrong.... Urban is a phenomenal football coach. Most wins in 17 year span, 3 NCs...... but he is a liar, he doesn’t care about student athletes and he is a culture killer. He is the last thing we need in Boone. We would win, but sacrifice our souls long term.

Like I said, no thank you.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”