Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Kerwin Bell for Head Coach ?

App1993
School: Appalachian State

Re: Kerwin Bell for Head Coach ?

Unread post by App1993 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Jim Harbaugh also coached in the same conference as Bell and went straight to Stanford a power 5 school and was successful. Bell broke all of Harbaugh record in the conference! Fun fact is Bell was Harbaugh back up for the Indianapolis Colts!

appfan22

Unread post by appfan22 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 am

Kerwin Bell is the all-time leader in career NFL passing percentage at 100% (5-5, 75yds, 1 td). It would be a shame to pass up an interview with a living legend.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:28 am

Make fun of Bell all you want, his offenses produce against like competition. Even if moving to FBC resulted in a 20% reduction, it would still be enough with our defense.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:33 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:28 am
Make fun of Bell all you want, his offenses produce against like competition. Even if moving to FBC resulted in a 20% reduction, it would still be enough with our defense.
He would be an intriguing hire as an OC
The Appalachian State

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:37 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:33 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:28 am
He would be an intriguing hire as an OC
Agree. I’m not interested in him as HC, but an FBS OC should be a step up from a DII HC.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:44 am

App1993 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:00 pm
appgrad wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:22 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
I love how so many of us can say that he is better suited for a coordinator or smaller division coach, like anyone of those posters has a clue about his ability as a coach or what it really takes to be a G5 head coach. Records speak for themselves, the guy wins and he does so wherever he goes and at whatever level that happens to be. Plus, I will bet any amount that he knows more about coaching an offense than anyone of our coaches on the 2018 roster simply from his 13 YEARS in the NFL and his exposure to Spurrier, not to mention his years of actual head coaching experience. I will admit when I opened the thread my initial reaction was a no but after reading the posts and doing some research on him, I would say he is at least worth an interview. So many of us sound like the P5 royalty fans...'no fcs coach can compete at our level, etc, etc'. Not sure how our little school in the mountains has produced such an arrogant entitled mindset that we would automatically dismiss a candidate just because he coaches at a lower level than we play. If the guy knows how to win and coach, regardless of the level, he is worth an interview in my book.
It’s not so much that he can’t coach… It’s about how easy it is to get players in at that level of football, particularly at a school like Valdosta, which is pretty much taking all comers. The only two coaches to come out of there as head coaches and move to a higher level are Hal Mumme and Chris Hatcher. Both played pretty fast and loose with player discipline and recruiting requirements. Neither was very successful long-term.

Coaching at that type institution does not fit the profile of wanting to hire a guy that continues academic success because they don’t have to be as attentive to those things in D2.
He hasn’t just coached at d2. He was successful at a 1aa private school that went by d1 rules. They never had a winning season before he got there. He won conference championship in his second year there while winning 2 more and having the #1 offense in the country in 2010. Also with them going by d1 rules Jacksonville APR went up in graduation compared to the coach before him. Also since he left Jacksonville has become a dumpster fire and can’t even beat the lower teams in the conference! He started at Qb in the SEC at Florida. Worked with Spurrier for a year in SEC and played under 9 different professional coaches. This isn’t a regular d2 coach. He’s got experience on every level.
That's nice and all, but he is not what we are looking for. Are you his agent?

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:46 am

fjblair wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:44 am
App1993 wrote:
appgrad wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
I love how so many of us can say that he is better suited for a coordinator or smaller division coach, like anyone of those posters has a clue about his ability as a coach or what it really takes to be a G5 head coach. Records speak for themselves, the guy wins and he does so wherever he goes and at whatever level that happens to be. Plus, I will bet any amount that he knows more about coaching an offense than anyone of our coaches on the 2018 roster simply from his 13 YEARS in the NFL and his exposure to Spurrier, not to mention his years of actual head coaching experience. I will admit when I opened the thread my initial reaction was a no but after reading the posts and doing some research on him, I would say he is at least worth an interview. So many of us sound like the P5 royalty fans...'no fcs coach can compete at our level, etc, etc'. Not sure how our little school in the mountains has produced such an arrogant entitled mindset that we would automatically dismiss a candidate just because he coaches at a lower level than we play. If the guy knows how to win and coach, regardless of the level, he is worth an interview in my book.
It’s not so much that he can’t coach… It’s about how easy it is to get players in at that level of football, particularly at a school like Valdosta, which is pretty much taking all comers. The only two coaches to come out of there as head coaches and move to a higher level are Hal Mumme and Chris Hatcher. Both played pretty fast and loose with player discipline and recruiting requirements. Neither was very successful long-term.

Coaching at that type institution does not fit the profile of wanting to hire a guy that continues academic success because they don’t have to be as attentive to those things in D2.
He hasn’t just coached at d2. He was successful at a 1aa private school that went by d1 rules. They never had a winning season before he got there. He won conference championship in his second year there while winning 2 more and having the #1 offense in the country in 2010. Also with them going by d1 rules Jacksonville APR went up in graduation compared to the coach before him. Also since he left Jacksonville has become a dumpster fire and can’t even beat the lower teams in the conference! He started at Qb in the SEC at Florida. Worked with Spurrier for a year in SEC and played under 9 different professional coaches. This isn’t a regular d2 coach. He’s got experience on every level.
No, it's his mom.

Hey Mrs. Bell!
The Appalachian State

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:10 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:46 am
fjblair wrote:
App1993 wrote:
appgrad wrote:
t4pizza wrote:

No, it's his mom.

Hey Mrs. Bell!
I don’t care if it’s his grandma. Not that DG is going to pay any attention to what’s said on here, but if he did and and in the remote possibility someone popped up here his people haven’t thought of, then so be it. More prospects the merrier. Thank goodness it doesn’t come down to fan vote.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Apptrain wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:10 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:46 am
fjblair wrote:
App1993 wrote:
appgrad wrote:

No, it's his mom.

Hey Mrs. Bell!
I don’t care if it’s his grandma. Not that DG is going to pay any attention to what’s said on here, but if he did and and in the remote possibility someone popped up here his people haven’t thought of, then so be it. More prospects the merrier. Thank goodness it doesn’t come down to fan vote.
Fan vote.... can you imagine...... :shock:
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”