Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The changes begin at App State, and the next chapter looms

Rick83
School: Appalachian State

Re: The changes begin at App State, and the next chapter looms

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:48 pm

Lighten up people. I'm one of those tossing around 14 - 0 next year but I'm just messing around. I honestly believe it's achievable considering we have a stacked young roster at the moment but we typically lose a couple of games because of injuries or missed kicks or bad calls, it happens. The stars have to align perfectly for that to happen..but it could and will at some point.
I'm just so done with those posting that life is over as we know it because Satt's gonna take our players, our assistants, our recruits and our first borns too I guess. We're going to be fine. We'll get a great new coach who will bring in great new assistants who will attract great recruits and we will continue our progress moving forward as a program.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:07 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:48 pm
Lighten up people. I'm one of those tossing around 14 - 0 next year but I'm just messing around. I honestly believe it's achievable considering we have a stacked young roster at the moment but we typically lose a couple of games because of injuries or missed kicks or bad calls, it happens. The stars have to align perfectly for that to happen..but it could and will at some point.
I'm just so done with those posting that life is over as we know it because Satt's gonna take our players, our assistants, our recruits and our first borns too I guess. We're going to be fine. We'll get a great new coach who will bring in great new assistants who will attract great recruits and we will continue our progress moving forward as a program.
Last news conference I saw of Satt as Louisville ‘s coach he was asked about bringing App players with him. Basically said no and in a nutshell said they would be looking at ACC quality athletes, which is to be expected.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:19 pm

ACC Quality Athlete?

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:28 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:19 pm
ACC Quality Athlete?
Maybe that can be translated to “Guys that we can hope will compete with Clemson”
The Appalachian State

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Okay, sounds good to me.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:32 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:40 am
appvette wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:18 pm
Apptrain wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:48 pm
I love Ethan’s articles. But I take exception to the comment about Satt building so much success. Satt took over a winning program. Louisville will see if he is truly an architect. Satt didn’t destroy a good thing, but I’m not ready to give him too much credit for building. Jerry was the architect of sustained winning.
There is a huge difference in the program Satt took over and the one he left. He took an FCS team that was losing in the early rounds and increased the average win total while stepping up in competition. He clearly built a lot of success here.
An FCS team which won 3 straight I-AA National Championships (that's not losing in the early rounds, is it?) and beat Michigan with 20 something less scholarships. Yes he built a lot of success here at ASU but he likely wouldn't even have been an assistant coach at our alma mater had Jerry Moore not even taken him as a walk on quarterback decades ago. There's plenty of credit it to be passed around for our successes and lots of blame for our few failings. At one time, most of the credit went to Charlie Cobb (at least on our message boards).
There were 5 seasons after the threepeat which are much more relevant when determining what type of program Satt inherited. 05-07 we won 12 playoff games. The last three years under Moore we won a total of 1 playoff game. The poster above (and you) took exception to the statement that Satt "built so much success in a short time at App State" so the debate isn't whether Moore had a huge part of the success (he obviously did) but whether Satt built on what Moore did. In other words, did Satt maintain what he got or did he build on it? I don't understand how anyone could argue that he didn't build on the success, given the one playoff win over Moore's last 3 years.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:37 pm

And to put that in perspective, Wagner had the same number of playoff wins in the same time period. Stoney Brook had double.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 pm

appvette wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:32 pm
NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:40 am
appvette wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:18 pm
Apptrain wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:48 pm
I love Ethan’s articles. But I take exception to the comment about Satt building so much success. Satt took over a winning program. Louisville will see if he is truly an architect. Satt didn’t destroy a good thing, but I’m not ready to give him too much credit for building. Jerry was the architect of sustained winning.
There is a huge difference in the program Satt took over and the one he left. He took an FCS team that was losing in the early rounds and increased the average win total while stepping up in competition. He clearly built a lot of success here.
An FCS team which won 3 straight I-AA National Championships (that's not losing in the early rounds, is it?) and beat Michigan with 20 something less scholarships. Yes he built a lot of success here at ASU but he likely wouldn't even have been an assistant coach at our alma mater had Jerry Moore not even taken him as a walk on quarterback decades ago. There's plenty of credit it to be passed around for our successes and lots of blame for our few failings. At one time, most of the credit went to Charlie Cobb (at least on our message boards).
There were 5 seasons after the threepeat which are much more relevant when determining what type of program Satt inherited. 05-07 we won 12 playoff games. The last three years under Moore we won a total of 1 playoff game. The poster above (and you) took exception to the statement that Satt "built so much success in a short time at App State" so the debate isn't whether Moore had a huge part of the success (he obviously did) but whether Satt built on what Moore did. In other words, did Satt maintain what he got or did he build on it? I don't understand how anyone could argue that he didn't build on the success, given the one playoff win over Moore's last 3 years.
He certainly did build on it but App had winning seasons recently prior to Scott taking over, we already had the reputation, facility upgrades for recruiting, and moved up to FBS so we got better players.

With what we did in 2008-2009 after the Michigan win those enhancements helped us get better players as well. Scott did a great job building upon what we had. This is why I believe that our next coach better win double digit games next year because the talent is there, we have facilities, name recognition, etc.

Scott is part of that for sure but I believe you have to credit a lot of folks. Scott even said it starts at the top and if Gillin wasn't a good AD and we didn't have good people around Scott then it does not happen. It was truly a team effort. Having a good AD is part of what gives me hope. If we still had Laney we would be in FCS, never would have won those titles, beat Michigan, and Scott probably would have had to go elsewhere just to help his career. Nobody can tell me otherwise when we suddenly went from falling short every year to winning titles, doubling and tripling Yosef Club giving, and attendance boosted immediately the next year. The momentum began long before Jerry Moore gave the reigns to Scott.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:38 am

appstatealum wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:28 pm
WataugaMan wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:19 pm
ACC Quality Athlete?
Maybe that can be translated to “Guys that we can hope will compete with Clemson”
That wasn’t a quote of what he said, but in essence, what he said. Which is good news for our roster.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:36 am

Everybody needs to stop taking everything Satterfield says and dissecting it in a vacuum. If Satterfield started bringing in App players as his "solution" the UL folks would go ballistic. His comments are addressing that fact and the perceptions of an ACC fan base. He is going to recruit "UL" players...that's what they want to hear, and that's what he SHOULD do.

There is no disrespect for the App roster, nor is there any intent to cannibalize the App roster or recruits.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”