Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Josh Gattis

Yosef10
School: Appalachian State

Re: Josh Gattis

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:16 pm

ECU wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:13 am
Yosef10 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:36 am
appgrad wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:19 pm
Boroneer10 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:31 pm
Can someone explain to me why Ruffin McNeil would be under consideration besides the fact he's been a head coach before? At this point the success he had ECU can be attributed to Lincoln Riley right?
Yeah… Can’t imagine why we would want to hire a guy who had the foresight to pluck an obscure assistant off of Texas Tech’s staff, who then turns into a coaching superstar. Boggles the mind! 🙄
That’s the reason you’d like him to be the new coach? We’re really setting a low bar here. Ruffin played a huge hand in ECU going 14-34 the last 4 years, but he was an App DC for 3 years so...
That's fake news as I illustrated prior. Scottie Mo owns nearly all of the terribleness because he's a terrible coach. He couldn't even get decent production out of a Gardner Minshew that left and won the freaking Unitus award so how are you going to blame Ruff for how any of they looked under him. Most players that left did so because they thought Ruff was screwed over as he was.

Ruff also played a huge hand in where Oklahoma is right now. Who was the first person Riley called up to be his Associate Head Coach and work as his right hand man and help guide him his first year? It's not like he called him in from Western Carolina either he was the top assistant at Virginia. Who did he turn too when he felt like he had to make a bold defensive firing early in the year to run his Defense and where did it get them? He's been a great asset to Oklahoma just as he was to Texas Tech.

The TT guys told us that Ruff handled nearly all the motivational pre game speaches and discipline stuff for Leach, and Leach just focused on the Offense because he wasn't into that. I would imagine Riley has leaned on him heavily beyond what is clear. He also has a Air Raid Rolodex of quality coaches to run it and a good eye and was clearly committed to it.
You’re just going to keep coming over here to chirp huh? As i keep telling you, Ruffins 2015 recruiting class had THREE GUYS finish their four years of eligibility and make any kind of impact on the field. And the 2014 class wasn’t much better. That’s disqualifying from the jump. Idk if Scotty Mo was a good coach but i do know Ruffin left him with next to nothing to work with, unlike Satterfield. No thanks.

Also, i don’t know if you noticed man by Oklahoma’s defense is TERRIBLE. And got WORSE since Ruffin took it over. Not surprising though since his defense was absolutely horrific at ECU as well.

ECU
School: East Carolina

Unread post by ECU » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:42 pm
ECU wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:38 pm
Boroneer10 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:40 pm
ECU wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:13 am
Yosef10 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:36 am

That’s the reason you’d like him to be the new coach? We’re really setting a low bar here. Ruffin played a huge hand in ECU going 14-34 the last 4 years, but he was an App DC for 3 years so...
That's fake news as I illustrated prior. Scottie Mo owns nearly all of the terribleness because he's a terrible coach. He couldn't even get decent production out of a Gardner Minshew that left and won the freaking Unitus award so how are you going to blame Ruff for how any of they looked under him. Most players that left did so because they thought Ruff was screwed over as he was.

Ruff also played a huge hand in where Oklahoma is right now. Who was the first person Riley called up to be his Associate Head Coach and work as his right hand man and help guide him his first year? It's not like he called him in from Western Carolina either he was the top assistant at Virginia. Who did he turn too when he felt like he had to make a bold defensive firing early in the year to run his Defense and where did it get them? He's been a great asset to Oklahoma just as he was to Texas Tech.

The TT guys told us that Ruff handled nearly all the motivational pre game speaches and discipline stuff for Leach, and Leach just focused on the Offense because he wasn't into that. I would imagine Riley has leaned on him heavily beyond what is clear. He also has a Air Raid Rolodex of quality coaches to run it and a good eye and was clearly committed to it.
How many times do we need to say it? We don't want to run the dam Air Raid, stop trying to sell us on your old past his prime coach
Same number of times you post the same nonsense I guess. Ruff just turned 60. Saban is 67. Coach K is in his 70's, how old was Jerry Moore when he had his best seasons 67 and 68 years old.

You don't want Ruff compared to the likes of Tim Horton, Josh Gatis and Nate Woody? Good grief. Ruff would retire there, you'd be lucky to have him a decade IMO and if that were the options.
ECU, You guys take Ruffin back and we will take Houston. Fair enough?
I would have had no issue taking Ruff back had that been how it worked out. I think they are two of the best coaches looking for jobs on the market and Ruff would actually stay here long term.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:02 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:44 pm
I don’t want that ass clown Houston either.
Who do you want?
I want a coach that meets three criteria. 1) he isn’t go to mess with the culture or identity of this team, 2) he isn’t going to mess with our defensive scheme. Doing so will set us back years as we will have to recruit and develop a different type of player, and 3) lastly, I want someone with a solid five year plan. Not someone looking to use the instant success to land another job two years from now. Do I have an opinion on who that might be; yes, I can think of a few people fit that mold , but I don’t know if they are interviewing and none of them are perfect.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 pm

I'd like to see if Uncle Rico is available before it's all said and done.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:33 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 pm
I'd like to see if Uncle Rico is available before it's all said and done.

He'd have ZT throwing the ball over that mountain
FREQS AND GEEKS!

ECU
School: East Carolina

Unread post by ECU » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:16 pm

You’re just going to keep coming over here to chirp huh? As i keep telling you, Ruffins 2015 recruiting class had THREE GUYS finish their four years of eligibility and make any kind of impact on the field. And the 2014 class wasn’t much better. That’s disqualifying from the jump. Idk if Scotty Mo was a good coach but i do know Ruffin left him with next to nothing to work with, unlike Satterfield. No thanks.
That's exactly what I'm telling you. It's weak spin and you can't blame Ruff after he was fired for guys seeing how bad a coach Scottie Mo was and leaving over the course of years, which is a lot of it. That's on Mo.

You also can't tell what the hell Ruff left as bad a coach as Mo was at putting guys in a position to be successful.

Gardner Minshew

Look at his stats the last two years under Mo and then what they looked like in an Air Raid system this year. Untias golden Arm award winner, Pac 12 POY etc. That's all that really needs to be said. Ruff always got a hell of out a lot out of the talent that wasn't blue chippers and Mo could do nothing with clearly talented players.
Also, i don’t know if you noticed man by Oklahoma’s defense is TERRIBLE. And got WORSE since Ruffin took it over. Not surprising though since his defense was absolutely horrific at ECU as well.
That's not true we were above average. We gave up 25ppg the last 3 years even running one of the fastest paces in the nation that by default gave the other defense a lot of chances.

Oklahoma is undefeated since the change under him and gave up 27 points in the championship to the same team that scored 46 and got the last guy fired. That's a lot of improvement and you can't exactly compare the first half of the season playing OOC's vs the heart of the Big 12 schedule.
Last edited by ECU on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:40 pm

ECU, are you Ruffin McNeil in real life?!? Or his mother? :lol:

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Dude, Ruffin seems to be a good dude, but he won't be coaching at App State in 2019. Fact
The Appalachian State

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:02 pm

I love when people argue the same points on multiple threads.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:02 pm
It's to the point where I don't even know what thread I am reading anymore!!!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:52 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:40 pm
Dude, Ruffin seems to be a good dude, but he won't be coaching at App State in 2019. Fact
Whoa...better slow that "it's a fact" rhetoric down...just sayin'.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:11 pm

JMappfan5 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:52 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Haha. I may have a reason for saying fact.... ;)

But your right, there is no certainty in Life, the only thing certain is uncertainty
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:15 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:11 pm
JMappfan5 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:

But your right, there is no certainty in Life, the only thing certain is uncertainty
Now let’s see if this makes FootballScoop.com to prove our theory correct.....
The Appalachian State

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:30 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:15 pm
appstatealum wrote:
JMappfan5 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:

666 Posts checks out

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:34 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:30 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:15 pm
appstatealum wrote:
JMappfan5 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:

666 Posts checks out
I don’t know, I’m sure I’ve said a lot of BS somewhere down the line.

:lol: :o :o :lol: :o
The Appalachian State

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:01 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:02 pm
It's to the point where I don't even know what thread I am reading anymore!!!
One topic. One thread. Absolutely NOT disparaging them in any way, but if mods diligently combined threads (or if users would actually read through the list of existing topics before starting new ones) we wouldn't have this problem.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Unread post by 8993 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:21 pm

I know it's being preached, but for the love of God: PLEASE no one start another thread about all of this. We don't need another thread for a rumor that you heard from your brother's step-son's cousin-in-law. We don't need another thread to discuss whether you think this person is the right fit over the other. We don't need another thread to say the same ten things twenty times more.

From those of us who can't keep any of these comments straight anymore, thanks.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:39 pm

Rumor has it that my brothers sisters uncles sisters aunts cousins brothers fathers illegitimate sons daughters ex husband said that Nick Saban might have some interest in Appalachian, IF, IF, he wins the NC this year at Bama. He told his gardner’s brothers red headed stepchild he was looking to retire in the North Carolina mountains.
The Appalachian State

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:10 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:39 pm
Rumor has it that my brothers sisters uncles sisters aunts cousins brothers fathers illegitimate sons daughters ex husband said that Nick Saban might have some interest in Appalachian, IF, IF, he wins the NC this year at Bama. He told his gardner’s brothers red headed stepchild he was looking to retire in the North Carolina mountains.
I call bs. I know for a fact he prefers the Georgia mountains. He has a place on Lake Burton, along with Julia Roberts. I’ve seen Nick there, unfortunately not Julia. Otherwise your info would have been believable.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Apptrain wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:10 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:39 pm
I call bs. I know for a fact he prefers the Georgia mountains. He has a place on Lake Burton, along with Julia Roberts. I’ve seen Nick there, unfortunately not Julia. Otherwise your info would have been believable.
I just called the gardner on Skype, he said he was talking about his former client, Nicolas Siben, some Ukraine guy. By the time it got to me, it was "Nick Saban". Go figure I need to get better sources down there in Tuscaloosa.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”