Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ledford

hotrod2001
School: Appalachian State

Re: Ledford

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:22 pm

I'm getting the feeling that Louisville is going to be what App could be if we were in a P5 conference. If Satt and half of our old coaching staff can do in the ACC what they did in the Sun Belt...grrrr.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 pm

Honestly - if Ledford was as serious a candidate as some thought - I don't think he would've done this. Not sure what he's going to get paid at Louisville - but you can't pay everyone 7 figures.

I get the feeling he knew he wasn't going to get this job, so went looking for a raise from a coach he liked working for.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:20 am

Still trying to grasp why anyone would want to go there.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:59 am

appgrad wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 pm
Honestly - if Ledford was as serious a candidate as some thought - I don't think he would've done this. Not sure what he's going to get paid at Louisville - but you can't pay everyone 7 figures.

I get the feeling he knew he wasn't going to get this job, so went looking for a raise from a coach he liked working for.
This is exactly what I was thinking when I first heard this....
The Appalachian State

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:18 am

The Rock wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:05 pm
diehardapp18 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:54 pm
asu7 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:16 pm
I honestly think it is going to be Horton ...
Would be a horrendous hire. Honestly, all the remaining candidates we know of are pretty underwhelming. Ivey, Horton, Woody... none of those really excite me. I really hope there's something to the Josh Gattis rumors.

And to clarify, Woody wouldn't be awful. But I'd prefer someone more young and energetic.
According to the football scoop article, Ivey nor Horton are mentioned. Don’t know if it only discussed “new” candidates or if it listed best possibilities.
Out of Ruffin, Woody, or Gattis, I would definitely want Gattis.
I feel like if Ivey was a possibility, he would have been announced already. Way cleaner going into the Bowl if it was him.
Sounds like Ledford was the preferred, till the Visor jerked the rug out from under us and now we are having to regroup.

http://footballscoop.com/news/sunday-ni ... app-state/
At this point there is no/has not been a preferred. They are still in the interview process and the weather isn't likely helping.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:27 am

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:22 pm
I'm getting the feeling that Louisville is going to be what App could be if we were in a P5 conference. If Satt and half of our old coaching staff can do in the ACC what they did in the Sun Belt...grrrr.
Louisville has potential to get a lot better than they are at the moment. Only Clemson and Florida State and Miami in the ACC can be better on a consistent basis if done right. SS has positioned himself to be a hero.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:16 am

diehardapp18 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:54 pm
asu7 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:16 pm
I honestly think it is going to be Horton ...
Would be a horrendous hire. Honestly, all the remaining candidates we know of are pretty underwhelming. Ivey, Horton, Woody... none of those really excite me. I really hope there's something to the Josh Gattis rumors.

And to clarify, Woody wouldn't be awful. But I'd prefer someone more young and energetic.
Just curious, but what would be horrendous about Horton?

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:59 am

appgrad wrote:

Based on the article's suggestion the decision to hire our next head coach is now pushed back due to Ledford's leaving for Louisville, I'm guessing he was not only a serious candidate but our number one target. But who knows.

Of the three, Woody's the safe choice, Gattis is the most intriguing, exciting and risky choice while Ruffin is the middle of the road choice. I trust Doug will make the best choice.

yosefshat

Unread post by yosefshat » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:03 am

Update: Louisville's pockets are deep.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:05 am

mikeyosef wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:59 am
appgrad wrote:

Based on the article's suggestion the decision to hire our next head coach is now pushed back due to Ledford's leaving for Louisville, I'm guessing he was not only a serious candidate but our number one target. But who knows.

Of the three, Woody's the safe choice, Gattis is the most intriguing, exciting and risky choice while Ruffin is the middle of the road choice. I trust Doug will make the best choice.
Which article? That is not a conclusion I drew from the footballscoop report, which is the main source for everyone reporting that he is going to Louisville.

We don’t even know for a fact that he interviewed for the job

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:10 am

Let's all keep in mind that we really don't know what's really happening, or anything about the conversations with these candidates. Also, Satt and DG aren't going to coordinate who they're talking to. Satt has positions to fill and he's doing his job even if it might interfere with what DG's trying to do, there's no malicious intent it's just business. We are in full blown rumor mill mode here and we don't know what the facts are.
If Ledford ends up at UL it may have been because DG signaled that he wasn't a front-runner, so if Ledford wanted to make a change he had to grab the UL opportunity while it was still available. There's a domino affect as these coaching positions get filled and then prior positions get vacated and then candidate searches start to get those filled, so the ground is always shifting beneath their feet so there's not much time for these guys to let things play out.

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:22 am

appgrad wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:05 am
mikeyosef wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:59 am
appgrad wrote:

Which article? That is not a conclusion I drew from the footballscoop report, which is the main source for everyone reporting that he is going to Louisville.

We don’t even know for a fact that he interviewed for the job
"We had previously been told Gillin’s goal was to have his next head coach selected by the end of this weekend; but with Ledford’s decision it appears that timeline will be stretched a bit." ---- Footballscoop article.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:41 am

I know the FootballScoop alluded to that, but I have not seen this timeline from a reputable source. Folks, not directed solely at you, need to stop with supposition. Interviews are progressing.
Last edited by AppSt94 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:43 am

I think there is some confusion on the articles. There is a second article from Football Scoop that came out last night after the Ledford article = "Sunday night Update at App State."
Nice photo of Taylor Lamb (#11) with the article. I bet his Mom took it.

http://footballscoop.com/news/sunday-ni ... app-state/

Beat MTSU!!
Give Em Hell!!

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:44 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:41 am
I know the FootballScoop alluded to that, but I have not seen this timeline from a reputable source. Folks, not directed solely at you, need to stop with supposition. Interviews are progressing.
Right… That article is drawing its own conclusions about how that decision affects our search. Does not even remotely imply that he was our top choice.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:47 am

appgrad wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:44 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:41 am
Right… That article is drawing its own conclusions about how that decision affects our search. Does not even remotely imply that he was our top choice.
I particularly enjoy the term, “whispers” being used. That seems like a careful way of saying, let’s make some s%&t up since we don’t have any credible information.

Unread post by 8993 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 am

I guess I'm wondering how the hell FootballScoop would even get this kind of information? People talk, sure, but unless DG or one of the candidates themselves is the leak, I don't trust a bit of what is being reported here. App State isn't Louisville when it comes to the press and rumor mongering.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:16 am

The old rules of journalism don't even apply to print and TV news any longer, although some try to keep to that standard, and the internet reporting sites are even worse because they've got to keep new content coming to get the clicks and they have to get it out fast. The 24 hour news cycle isn't conducive to taking the time to validate and re-validate sources. Until you hear it from a truly reliable, primary source, it could be true but could not be true. Could be true but presented in a way that flavors the reader's opinion based on the way the facts are presented and the tone of the article.

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:26 am

8993 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 am
I guess I'm wondering how the hell FootballScoop would even get this kind of information? People talk, sure, but unless DG or one of the candidates themselves is the leak, I don't trust a bit of what is being reported here. App State isn't Louisville when it comes to the press and rumor mongering.
Leaks like these usually come from someone with something to gain. Look no further than the coaches agents...assuming they have agents of course. This kind of talk ups the value, real or perceived of the candidates.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:29 am

Meanwhile ladies and gents, we have a ballgame this week to play and WIN! Time to turn our attention to the guys in the game.

GO APPS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”