Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ledford To Louisville

asugoapps

Ledford To Louisville

Unread post by asugoapps » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 pm

It’s being reported Ledford heading to Louisville

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-d ... g-new-job/

The Rock
School: Appalachian State

Re: Ledford To Louisville

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:12 pm

See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15323

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:37 pm

That's ok.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Whatever. He wasn’t in my top 3 anyway. Just an NC State assistant becoming a Louisville assistant.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:59 pm

Agreed
The Appalachian State

unknown

Unread post by unknown » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:20 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:58 pm
Whatever. He wasn’t in my top 3 anyway. Just an NC State assistant becoming a Louisville assistant.
Well he turned it down. So did Brown.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:35 pm

unknown wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:20 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
I heard Brown turned down chance to interview to just go to Louisville. He feels loyal to Scott and feels he could parlay that into a P5 HC job. I doubt we offered Ledford. From what it sounded like he tried to pressure us or said he would go with Scott and we just passed. I'm not sure if he interviewed but it sounded like he or someone speaking on his behalf leaked stuff to the media. I doubt we have been turned down by those we truly targeted and they have just had to deal with the bowl game and the long list of candidates to interview.

People seem to think we should be done with this quick but we have been planning a bowl game unlike most teams needing a HC so I think Gillin has had more going on than most ADs who need a coach.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:42 pm

unknown wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:
How do you know that they were given an offer to turn down? Looks to me like they withdrew from the process to pursue another option. Alternatively, they interviewed and were told we would go a different route. If they chose to withdraw to pursue the easier, softer path as an assistant, then they weren't what we need as our head coach. Either way, I will trust DG to land a solid coach for the Apps.

unknown

Unread post by unknown » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:42 pm
unknown wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:
How do you know that they were given an offer to turn down? Looks to me like they withdrew from the process to pursue another option. Alternatively, they interviewed and were told we would go a different route. If they chose to withdraw to pursue the easier, softer path as an assistant, then they weren't what we need as our head coach. Either way, I will trust DG to land a solid coach for the Apps.
Well, because I know. It is unfortunate but it's true

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:53 pm

That’s not the story I heard. This is getting ridiculous.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:00 pm

This thread reminds me why I took a 2 year hiatus from the MMB...
Give 'em hell!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:17 pm

unknown wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:46 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
unknown wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:
Why is it "unfortunate"? There were some red flags with Ledford and Brown was extremely inexperienced..... To me, it would seem like Brown knew he wouldn't be the best fit. We may have offered him a chance to interview, but that didn't mean he was going to get an offer to be HC. Like I have referenced before, there were some glaring recruiting misses by Ledford that I felt may be a negative if he had gotten the job. If we were considering Ledford, what makes him better than Clark?

Seriously folks, we are acting like DG is inept and noone wants this job. Whether we come off as "homers " or not saying it, App State is a very good job for an up and coming guy. We have a talented roster and a program that cares about football. The key moving forward is that this will be a great stepping stone job and that wil be the appeal for a lot of potential suitors. The days of a 15+ year guy are gone.
The Appalachian State

unknown

Unread post by unknown » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:17 pm
unknown wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
unknown wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:
Why is it "unfortunate"? There were some red flags with Ledford and Brown was extremely inexperienced..... To me, it would seem like Brown knew he wouldn't be the best fit. We may have offered him a chance to interview, but that didn't mean he was going to get an offer to be HC. Like I have referenced before, there were some glaring recruiting misses by Ledford that I felt may be a negative if he had gotten the job. If we were considering Ledford, what makes him better than Clark?

Seriously folks, we are acting like DG is inept and noone wants this job. Whether we come off as "homers " or not saying it, App State is a very good job for an up and coming guy. We have a talented roster and a program that cares about football. The key moving forward is that this will be a great stepping stone job and that wil be the appeal for a lot of potential suitors. The days of a 15+ year guy are gone.
You are speaking to the choir here regarding Clark. Sign me up for that

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:46 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:17 pm
unknown wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
unknown wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:

Don’t get me wrong or misconstrue this post. I love App state, and all that goes along with it and I am proud to be a mountaineer and think we have something really special here.
However, it seems like if this was such a great job, we would have a coach in place by now. I’m not saying DG isn’t doing a great job or that anything is wrong with our process thus far, but we all knew this was coming before last week and it appears as if we are looking at plans E, F, and G for the job.
I have no inside knowledge of who has/hasn’t been interviewed or who has/hasn’t turned the job down, but that’s just what it seems like based off reports that may or may not be accurate in any way.
Looking at it objectively; yes, we have had great success in the last several years and yes, we have a loaded young roster. But what do we really have to offer from an outsiders perspective? We are not close to being comparable salary wise to what other G5 programs with similar success are able to offer. Boone is a somewhat isolated and challenging place to live from a location and weather perspective.
Anyone who really spends time here and especially attends App will understand and appreciate the draw and unique allure of the high country and the school, but from an outsider’s perspective, I can see other places being more attractive at first glance, especially when comparing salaries and cost of living.
Again, don’t get me wrong, I love App and Boone, but I do believe it’s a tougher sell to an outsider that may see possible recruiting challenges and other issues due to location.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:29 pm

Except for our homegrown coach was one of the most talked about prospects for a bunch of HC openings and because of our success and culture, a handful of his coaches were taken with him. Boone and App State are unique, and while that may deter a few, we have absolutely solidified ourselves within the college landscape. If a coach wants to be paid a little better, struggle to win conference championships and go to crap bowls, they'll pick another G5. If they want a revolving door of talent at a traditional and culture rich football school, get paid decent, play for Championships, get chances at stronger bowls and have better opportunities to be noticed for bigger P5 jobs, they'll come here. It's up to us as fans to do our part to maintain the great things we have built here.... The rest will come.

If you build it, they will come.....
The Appalachian State

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:29 am

What bowls are worse than the Camelia bowl, or Dollar General bowl? I would say they are on par 95% of the rest of the Non-NY6, or playoff games.
That’s why I think Satterfield was so successful here. He knew what worked at this schools and how to navigate this level and particularly this school. But remember, he was green as a HC and had a lot to learn the first year or two.
Obviously I’m not saying we can’t or won’t develop top rated coaches here, I just think we are kidding ourselves if we think all coaches should be falling over themselves to take a job that is pretty similar to most other G5’s but with less pay and in a comparitvley remote area.
App has a lot to offer and will be a great opportunity for whoever is hired, but as we have seen, unfortunately, most people let their checking account make their decision for them.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 am

The Rock wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:29 am
What bowls are worse than the Camelia bowl, or Dollar General bowl? I would say they are on par 95% of the rest of the Non-NY6, or playoff games.
That’s why I think Satterfield was so successful here. He knew what worked at this schools and how to navigate this level and particularly this school. But remember, he was green as a HC and had a lot to learn the first year or two.
Obviously I’m not saying we can’t or won’t develop top rated coaches here, I just think we are kidding ourselves if we think all coaches should be falling over themselves to take a job that is pretty similar to most other G5’s but with less pay and in a comparitvley remote area.
App has a lot to offer and will be a great opportunity for whoever is hired, but as we have seen, unfortunately, most people let their checking account make their decision for them.
You are correct sir. That is why whoever we do get, we will know they are here for football reasons and will be a better fit
The Appalachian State

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:51 am

The people who know what is really going on are not putting that information on a message board.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:58 am

Amen for that!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:14 am

Do you think Satt was asked if any we have left were ready for this job?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”