Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Two Gillin Gripes

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Two Gillin Gripes

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:27 pm

This is the most ridiculous, spoilt, entitled post I've seen yet. A. It's been one week since Satterfield left. B. This is a very important hire and one that needs to be thoroughly vetted. C. There was a major snow storm to hit the region during this time, which most likely affected travel plans, interviews, etc. But more glaring is just how whiny some of the posters are on this board. Gillin doesn't owe us an 'update' on the hiring process. I can't believe I actually read that. Does anyone remember what happened in Knoxville last year with UT's hiring search running through all the mouth breathers who root for them? They were the laughing stock of the nation. How about everyone just take a breath, trust the process and oh I don't know, focus on the guys wearing the uniforms who are playing a game this week.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:52 pm

I’m figuring that the BOT will have to meet, before a press conference. I think it can be done by telephone, and will be a rubber stamp. DG, I’m sure, was given a budget to work within, and as long as he stays within it, everything should be a formality. So, when we hear the BOT has been called to an emergency meeting, we will have a presser the next day.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:56 pm

No inside info here but I bet tomorrow or Wednesday we will hear something.
FIFY. Please everyone, if you do not KNOW something do not say you know something. This time of year everyone has sources. Your buddy at the bar, unless they work directly for the program, does not qualify as a source.

To quote Led Zeppelin out of context: "Lots of people talking, few of them know".
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:06 pm

Let DG do his job. And buyouts should be left to those in the know. In the meantime, let's us fans forget all that and get ready for the bowl game. The Mountaineers are playing!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:34 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:56 pm
No inside info here but I bet tomorrow or Wednesday we will hear something.
FIFY. Please everyone, if you do not KNOW something do not say you know something. This time of year everyone has sources. Your buddy at the bar, unless they work directly for the program, does not qualify as a source.

To quote Led Zeppelin out of context: "Lots of people talking, few of them know".
Souuuullll of a Stink fan was creeeaaattted bellooooooowwwww.....
The Appalachian State

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:40 pm

One thing we can all agree on ... WE HATE THE STINK!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:41 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:52 pm
I’m figuring that the BOT will have to meet, before a press conference. I think it can be done by telephone, and will be a rubber stamp. DG, I’m sure, was given a budget to work within, and as long as he stays within it, everything should be a formality. So, when we hear the BOT has been called to an emergency meeting, we will have a presser the next day.
The BOT has to send out a public notice 48 hours before a meeting. They'll have a BOT meeting (by teleconference) at, let's say, 4 p.m., then have a presser at 5 p.m. When they announced Kermit, they announced the hiring less than an hour after the BOT meeting, which I attended.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Apptrain wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:32 pm
It would be nice if DG could give us some sort of update, without names if need be, but some sort of reassurance the search is progressing well, if indeed it is. Something, anything would be nice.
DG is working off his time schedule, not ours. Just be patient. Some of y'all crack me up!!! This has been entertaining...LMAO!!!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:41 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:52 pm
The BOT has to send out a public notice 48 hours before a meeting. They'll have a BOT meeting (by teleconference) at, let's say, 4 p.m., then have a presser at 5 p.m. When they announced Kermit, they announced the hiring less than an hour after the BOT meeting, which I attended.
Thanks. That gives us a rough timeframe. As soon as we hear about a public notice, we should know for sure in, like, 49 hours from that.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Anybody recall what happened to us when Charlie Cobb made a quick hire for a basketball coach?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

yikas1

Unread post by yikas1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 pm

I will probably get hate mail for this one, but I do think Satt screwed us over and do not think that screwing us is a good example for his family. Could he have not negotiated two weeks to get us through the bowl, or at the very least, not take half our coaching staff officially? Two weeks... That is hard for kids on the team to take. Louisville is a dumpster fire, and the city of Louisville is a dump. What a reputation the school has, Pitino, Petrino. Have fun with that.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:09 pm

yikas1 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 pm
I will probably get hate mail for this one, but I do think Satt screwed us over and do not think that screwing us is a good example for his family. Could he have not negotiated two weeks to get us through the bowl, or at the very least, not take half our coaching staff officially? Two weeks... That is hard for kids on the team to take. Louisville is a dumpster fire, and the city of Louisville is a dump. What a reputation the school has, Pitino, Petrino. Have fun with that.
Exactly, he needed to get in there ASAP and get to work. He reached one of his goals, he should be commended for that. I’m not sure why Iron Mike left early, but Brown and Ponce make sense because now they will be key to getting things rolling.

The kids are fine, they understand that this is the way it goes, technically, the season ended when we won the SunBelt title. Bowls are just “gravy”.

R. E. L. A. X.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”