Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Football parking 2019

canes_mj
School: Appalachian State

Football parking 2019

Unread post by canes_mj » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:06 pm

I was told Justice lot will be closed next season due to construction? Is this accurate? Does anyone know which lots won't be available next season because of construction?

Saint3333

Re: Football parking 2019

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:17 pm

It’s going to be a rough year for parking, temporary pain for the betterment of the university. Please everyone keep this in mind. Every donor could be impacted, I’m fully expecting to have changes in my parking.

Unread post by 8993 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:18 pm

DG has said a few times that parking lots next season is an ever-evolving situation and that they will be evaluating where they stand and what needs to change in the Spring. I would hold on tight before you consider anything that others are saying about this situation as fact. Construction in the High Country is wild due to the weather, so who knows what will happen.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:13 pm

As Saint 3333 and 8993 have stated, game parking is going to slowly evolve. Parking locations can't be earmarked until all contractors have moved in and established their construction, EPA and OSHA safety boundaries. That won't leave much in the stadium lot except perhaps some perimeter parking and the new parking deck. Literally, everyone is likely to get "bumped." All of us need to remain positive in the knowledge that the new construction will lead to new and/or better academic opportunities, better student housing and renewed interest among prospective students and student-athletes. It's all good, but it comes with some as-yet-unknown sacrifices.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Some tentative items include the use of the lot behind the stadium, Eggers/Bowie, and potentially the areas occupied currently by the tennis courts and softball fields for next year. Overall I was assured between the deck and the new lots there would be a similar amount of spots as now.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Parking next year depends on lots of factors that are only somewhat controllable. Will the new deck be finished? Will we have enough of the 105 project completed to be able to use current tennis courts for more parking spaces? Will the space behind Eggers dorm be fully available for parking? Will Justice parking have to be used as a staging area for construction? Will the new science campus at the top of Broyhill be developed enough not to have parking up there?

The one thing that is certain for next year is that there will be changes. I'm choosing to look at this as an opportunity to have a family reunion with different tailgate friends wherever it is that I might be tailgating.

I have already made my pledge for next year (and 2020 and 2021) and have not decreased it by one dime even though I will most assuredly park farther away from the stadium than I did this past season. I do not donate to Yosef for parking. I donate to support every single student athlete. All of our donations to Yosef next year will be more vital than in any other era in the history of Yosef. We absolutely must have those donations and pledges to make a strong start on the 105 property, to continue with the North End Zone facility, and to continue to provide stellar academic experiences for our student athletes.

I encourage you all to enjoy the ride the next couple of years of construction. It will definitely be for the greater good of the entire University. While you're enjoying the ride, be sure to keep giving to Yosef or start giving to Yosef. Every dollar counts.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 pm

I want to be clear, I am fully in favor of all of these improvements. Not sure if the original post came off as complaining, but that wasn't the intent. I just asked for information purposes, because a friend of mine currently parks in Justice and she told me they will be getting moved (this is who told me it'd be closed next season)....so we decided to try to get into the same lot for next season. I am actually planning to INCREASE my Yosef donation in order to do this...so was just trying to find out if anyone knew these answers.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:46 pm

canes_mj wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 pm
I want to be clear, I am fully in favor of all of these improvements. Not sure if the original post came off as complaining, but that wasn't the intent. I just asked for information purposes, because a friend of mine currently parks in Justice and she told me they will be getting moved (this is who told me it'd be closed next season)....so we decided to try to get into the same lot for next season. I am actually planning to INCREASE my Yosef donation in order to do this...so was just trying to find out if anyone knew these answers.
I didn't hear it as complaining at all. There are folks that I would love to tailgate with that I've not been able to in the past. Next season may just be the seasoned. Right now it's really impossible to tell what donation levels will qualify for which lots and so forth.

Thanks for increasing your Yosef donation! Every dollar truly does count.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

smokeshow

Unread post by smokeshow » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Justice is going to be shut down that is where we park and we have not been told where we will be going yet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”