Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Board of trustees

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Board of trustees

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:10 pm

ComebackShack wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:05 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:03 pm
A P5 Assistant from the South. If that excludes coordinators (Nate Woody), then this is what I believe has been gathered, but could be wrong:

1. Gattis (rumored to have been offered)
2. Searels (haven't heard any rumors)
3. Horton (rumored to not be a finalist)
4. Ledford (rumored to have been top candidate, allegedly going to UL, but possible smokescreen)

Personally, if it isn't Ledford and it doesn't look like it will be, I was hoping for Woody for consistency's sake. I'd be ok with Gattis, I'd be worried if it were Searels or Horton.
Miami fans are begging us to take Searles. He would be a DISASTER hire IMO.
My best friend who I go to a few App games a year with is also a big Canes fan. He would love for Miami to ditch him but HATE for App to hire him.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:11 pm

ComebackShack wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:05 pm
A P5 Assistant from the South. If that excludes coordinators (Nate Woody), then this is what I believe has been gathered, but could be wrong:

4. Ledford (rumored to have been top candidate, allegedly going to UL, but possible smokescreen)

Personally, if it isn't Ledford and it doesn't look like it will be, I was hoping for Woody for consistency's sake. I'd be ok with Gattis, I'd be worried if it were Searels or Horton.
Miami fans are begging us to take Searles. He would be a DISASTER hire IMO.
I was about to add that fans of current teams of those coaches all want to keep the candidate except for Searels. Woody, Gattis and Ledford are the most coveted by their current fanbase.

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:09 pm
I think it's Ivey and here's why:

Ethan has to be referring to Ivey here. Who else would remain in Boone, and have their defection to U of L be contingent on who gets hired for head coach at App? If Gillen is aware of this (and how could he not be if it's true), and waiting on an "App HC or leave for Louisville" ultimatum, we would never announce a different candidate before the bowl game. What would stop Ivey from saying f*** you and flying home from New Orleans on Friday if DG picked someone else?

If Satterfield is talking about Ivey, I think he's our man.

I don't think Ivey would be a bad hire. Promoting from within is often a good idea when you're successful. Continuity is important. But it wouldn't be sexy. I agree with others that it would appear like we just got stuck with our third, default choice and there is evidence that that is at least partially true. It would also put a lot more pressure on this weekend's bowl game if Ivey is no longer interim.
Not saying it ain't Ivey but these seem like stretches to make to confirm it is Ivey.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Gonzo wrote:

Ethan has to be referring to Ivey here. Who else would remain in Boone, and have their defection to U of L be contingent on who gets hired for head coach at App? If Gillen is aware of this (and how could he not be if it's true), and waiting on an "App HC or leave for Louisville" ultimatum, we would never announce a different candidate before the bowl game. What would stop Ivey from saying f*** you and flying home from New Orleans on Friday if DG picked someone else?

I don't think Ivey would be a bad hire. Promoting from within is often a good idea when you're successful. Continuity is important. But it wouldn't be sexy. I agree with others that it would appear like we just got stuck with our third, default choice and there is evidence that that is at least partially true. It would also put a lot more pressure on this weekend's bowl game if Ivey is no longer interim.
What is his and Woody's relationship? Would he chose Woody over Satterfield if offered the DC position?

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm

As good of a DC mind woody is, I’m not sure he would move the needle with these kids. He wasn’t exactly that type of guy.
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:16 pm

appstatealum wrote:
asu7 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:39 pm
Can someone for sure rule out Horton? I think I would feel a lot better.
Well, I’m no Adam Sheffter, and let’s just say my sources are more from “around the program” than from within, but I was told Horton was not a candidate (let’s just say that was straight from the Horses mouth). This was more than a few days ago though and it seems that a lot may have changed in a short amount of time if any of our speculations had merit.

Things have gotten awfully quite over the last few days, outside of this board that is.
It definitely is not Horton or Ledford from what I can tell. I would have no beef with Horton. From what I have seen he would fit what Gillin asked for. I am thinking it is either Gattis or Searles.

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Ivey is not a P5 assistant though. Hoping it isn't Searles. Based on driving time Ft. Lauderdale is 42 minutes from Miami. It could still be Searles. Plane landing shortly from Ft. Lauderdale to KHKY.
Last edited by asu7 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Why in god's name is Searles a contender? A failing position coach as a mid-tier P5 who is about the get fired for sucking? There isn't a single upside for this guy.

boonegoons89

Unread post by boonegoons89 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Gonzo wrote:

Last edited by boonegoons89 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppNation85

Unread post by AppNation85 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Searels is the worst pick of all. Nate Woody would be light years better.
Twitter: @RankAppState

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:18 pm
Why in god's name is Searles a contender? A failing position coach as a mid-tier P5 who is about the get fired for sucking? There isn't a single upside for this guy.
Hopefully he's not and this is just message board circle-jerking because we think everyone who ever played or coached at App and then coached somewhere bigger is a contender.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:18 pm
Not seeing Searles...... makes no sense.
The Appalachian State

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Not Searels, not Searels, not Searels...
Attachments
notslytherin.jpg

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Just because the board is meeting Thursday does not mean they plan to announce before the game. And also, Ivey would never do that. That would ruin his reputation as a coach if he bailed a day before the game after being tabbed as the HC for the game...

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 pm

ComebackShack wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:26 pm
Just because the board is meeting Thursday does not mean they plan to announce before the game. And also, Ivey would never do that. That would ruin his reputation as a coach if he bailed a day before the game after being tabbed as the HC for the game...
I agree about Ivey, he's got a chance with a national ESPN TV audience to get exposure and show what he can do, and he's got a great team to take the field for him. In Satt's presser yesterday he said he'd hope to have his assistants on board by the middle of next week. So that would allow for Ivey to coach the game and then still go up to UL if he's not chosen as HC or if he isn't offered a prime position (like OC or DC, asst HC) by our new HC. Satt may just offer him a position coach spot so he'd have a choice to make.

EMCasu04

Unread post by EMCasu04 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:38 pm

ComebackShack wrote:
He also wouldn't bail on the players like that. Ivey's a Mountaineer through and through.
TIGMA
Twitter: @emcannon

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 pm
ComebackShack wrote:
I agree about Ivey, he's got a chance with a national ESPN TV audience to get exposure and show what he can do, and he's got a great team to take the field for him. In Satt's presser yesterday he said he'd hope to have his assistants on board by the middle of next week. So that would allow for Ivey to coach the game and then still go up to UL if he's not chosen as HC or if he isn't offered a prime position (like OC or DC, asst HC) by our new HC. Satt may just offer him a position coach spot so he'd have a choice to make.
I agree with Rick. plus, I think it may be decided Thursday, but I think it's possible they might not announce until Sunday. Just because of the distraction to the team.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:43 pm

My wild a$$guess...Gattis as HC announced on Sunday and players meet new HC when they return to Boone.
Ivey offered DC, Clark offered OC to run current offense and defense schemes.
Gattis hires S&C, QB, OL, DL and CB Coaches.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:46 pm

No distraction if it's Ivey , in fact a unifying effect.

AppNation85

Unread post by AppNation85 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:48 pm

If they don’t announce before the game that means it’s not Ivey in my opinion.
Twitter: @RankAppState

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”