Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bowl game thread

AppDawg
School: Appalachian State

Re: Bowl game thread

Unread post by AppDawg » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:59 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:55 am
unknown wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:30 am
ukappfan wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:22 am
Well let hope Drink meets Ivey and the rest of the staff in the locker room and tells them what can I do to keep you.
It's a mess right now. A real mess
The mess is that Ivey wants to stay, he has been offered at UL, but he needs a little more $ to justify. DG needs to find the money. This is legit info, but about all I know....
Welp, Drink has $1.3 to figure it out... this is why Woody and Ivey were both named Associate HC to justify a little more $$$ for their back pockets...

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:59 am

Drinks assistant budget was slightly higher than previously.
If he acts as QB coach/Oc he could potentially consolidate a few positions into one and have extra money to keep those guys around.
Also, what about Satts buyout money. Where does that go?

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:09 am

Looks like clark and Ivey were around 130,000. Brian Brown was at 200,000 and Jones at 150,000.
With brown gone, that frees up his salary would Ivey be happy with DC / AHC title and money? Looks like we should be able to get them all a little bump. We can’t match UL no matter what, but hopefully enough to keep them here if they truly want to stsy

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:11 am

My take... we have a great bunch of seniors! Sutton is smooth and clearly better than everyone! Myquon is a bad man.. have to key in on someone to replace. Drinkwitz merry Christmas!!! New Orleans was awesome... alumni tailgate no words but over and beyond. All in all this was an amazing weekend . Give em hell apps!

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:11 am

That is where Satt really f**ked us, all the rest of this is expected, but insisting on the low buy out was a screw job. He knew he was going to take the first offer he got and wanted to look as attractive as possible with no buy out baggage. Now is when it hurts, if we’d had a contact buy out clause we would have a couple million to use as enticement. This is where he threw us under the bus not trying to take staff, that’s normal.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:22 am

AppinATL wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:18 pm
This game is checking all the boxes on our wish list! Peoples! Wow!!!
I had to work hard to withhold the exhilaration.

unknown

Unread post by unknown » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:25 am

The Rock wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:59 am
If he acts as QB coach/Oc he could potentially consolidate a few positions into one and have extra money to keep those guys around.
Him not having to pay a premium for an OC was how he was going to pay for Woody. Didn't work out. He has another guy now. Dale did a great job tonight. So did Clark. Stu is gone. Ivey does not want to leave but he might not have a choice now. The AD didn't even acknowledge the coaches tonight after the game. He ignored them. Y'all can say what y'all want about me I don't care. I know what's up. Yeah it's a mess. Think what yall want to!!!l.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:34 am

I can understand if Ivey Wants more responsibilities/money that we can’t offer; but as far as I know Jones has always wanted to stay here and has done a great job with his LBs. it would be a misktake to not give him the opportunity to stay if he wants to

unknown

Unread post by unknown » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:37 am

The Rock wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:34 am
I can understand if Ivey Wants more responsibilities/money that we can’t offer; but as far as I know Jones has always wanted to stay here and has done a great job with his LBs. it would be a misktake to not give him the opportunity to stay if he wants to
AMEN

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:03 am

unknown wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:25 am
The Rock wrote:
Him not having to pay a premium for an OC was how he was going to pay for Woody. Didn't work out. He has another guy now. Dale did a great job tonight. So did Clark. Stu is gone. Ivey does not want to leave but he might not have a choice now. The AD didn't even acknowledge the coaches tonight after the game. He ignored them. Y'all can say what y'all want about me I don't care. I know what's up. Yeah it's a mess. Think what yall want to!!!l.
DG is listening. But he seems to be very stand-offish with the staff right now to put the ball in Eli’s court. Ivey WILL NOT be the DC, but he has been offered a job here. But like I said, Apps going to have to pay him.

These are interesting times, but we need to trust DG. He is keeping his distance from staff etc to not get caught up in emotion (it seems). Trust me, he is talking a lot with Alumni and Drinks’ wheels are already in motion.
The Appalachian State

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:50 am

So will Ivey stay?

yosefederation

Unread post by yosefederation » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:57 am

My guess is Satterfield had already skimmed the pond with the minnows he wanted to do his fishing in Louisville with him. Being said left some big ole fishermen behind that know how to sell this school to the recruits we've been landing past 4 years. Sitd time to pony up and retain these left behind guys that were as much a part of the success we've had as those Satterfield chose to take with him. We've got 330mill in the til for "campus/stadium enhancements beginning this spring. So surely we can pay some longtime committed assistants to keep this ball & chain program running at our current highest level. Jmo GO MOUNTAINEERS

AppNation85

Unread post by AppNation85 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:09 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:03 am
unknown wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:25 am
The Rock wrote:
DG is listening. But he seems to be very stand-offish with the staff right now to put the ball in Eli’s court. Ivey WILL NOT be the DC, but he has been offered a job here. But like I said, Apps going to have to pay him.

These are interesting times, but we need to trust DG. He is keeping his distance from staff etc to not get caught up in emotion (it seems). Trust me, he is talking a lot with Alumni and Drinks’ wheels are already in motion.
I agree with the AD putting the ball in the new head coach’s court. But how can Ivey not be the obvious choice for DC?
Twitter: @RankAppState

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:32 am

Support Yosef Club = Fund Ivey
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:43 am

Anyone else feel like there were several things that happened last night which simply would not have happened had Satt still been here:

The two trick plays, the on-side kick (I kind of questioned that one), actually putting Peoples in the game.

I loved Satt but dang it got frustrating many times thinking that we are so loaded with weapons but don’t unleash them. Last night showed it.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:48 am

Agreed

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:51 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:43 am
Anyone else feel like there were several things that happened last night which simply would not have happened had Satt still been here:

The two trick plays, the on-side kick (I kind of questioned that one), actually putting Peoples in the game.

I loved Satt but dang it got frustrating many times thinking that we are so loaded with weapons but don’t unleash them. Last night showed it.
We did do an on-side kick at Penn State so the trick plays weren’t that out of the ordinary for me.. but I see your point.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:54 am

bigdaddyg wrote:

Can’t really complain with Satts results... However, I really liked seeing the urgency before the half with us getting the ball back after half. That opportunity to put up two scores and distance ourselves from the opponent shouldn’t be squandered.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:55 am

beav910 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:51 am
bigdaddyg wrote:

We did do an on-side kick at Penn State so the trick plays weren’t that out of the ordinary for me.. but I see your point.
The trick plays were few and far between. We would not have thrown a pass in the 4th quarter most likely, Peoples had another game to play in without burning the shirt but would not have played last night. Satt would have taken his foot off the gas early in the second half.

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:22 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:32 am
Support Yosef Club = Fund Ivey
We have a new HC, I follow NC State athletics and in my opinion we now have the best coach on their staff as our new HC. He will put a staff together that he feels will be the best for Apps program. Yes, I hope he keeps many coaches currently on staff for next year, but its nothing I nor the majority of us can influence.

What we as fans of the program can do is encourage as many people as possible to join the yosef club...I have several friends that went to app, but do not follow app athletics. Next time I speak with them I will encourage each of them to join. I know everyone's financial position is different, but my friends can definitely afford $50-$100 donation. If we want a great program, upgraded facilities, ability to keep coaches, we have to have more support from fans, alums, etc. We need more boosters...my understanding is the % of boosters to alums is bad. How do we turn that around? How do we get more people involved? I will start by talking to my friends and asking them to make a small contribution....but the athletics department needs more support, bottom line. We cant rely on student fees to continue to foot the bill.

You want a top notch program, then stop worrying about things outside of your control and start making a difference...encourage people to join the yosef club today and tell them to encourage others.
Last edited by APP93 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”