Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bowl game thread

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Bowl game thread

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:05 pm

appgrad wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:30 am
ASU3432Mi wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:08 am
Olivia Dekker.....Wow!!
Kevin Harlan's daughter, and married to NBA player Sam Dekker. I'm sure it was real hard for her to break in with those looks and connections!
Looks and connections are all she has. I was not impressed with her at all. There are some excellent men and women who would have done much better than her. Hopefully we don't have her again.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:08 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:10 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:00 pm
Herbstreit missed again.
And this is a surprise?.....;)
We should be very confident when he picks against us while all the others pick us. I really think we may be happy with the offensive changes for next year and hope we see more of what we saw yesterday. Coach Drink is innovative and knows how to use the weapons we have. I don't expect him to just be happy with a lead in the 3rd quarter. I loved our previous people but one thing they did not do well is keep the foot on the pedal and keep scoring and I'm thinking we will see more of this in 2019.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Herbstreit is a TV personality and entertainer. Don't take what he says personally.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:52 pm

appchicago wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:38 am
One more quick note about last night’s game:

Did anyone else get flashes of last year’s game against Toledo, where in the early part they just wanted to talk about the other team’s QB’s dominance and NFL potential, until we completely frustrated and embarrassed that vaunted QB?

I love when that happens. I call it the “Flacco Effect.”
I think the Sun Belt still isn't getting the love and respect from the commentators despite having the best bowl record off all the FBS last year (except for the Big 10). They're too busy fawning over the MAC and C-USA teams. We need to just keep beating them again and again and again and eventually it'll get through to these people that the Sun Belt isn't the door mat conference everyone keeps making it out to be. I don't know how to change that. A more lucrative TV deal with ESPN wouldn't hurt, that won't happen for another 7 years though.

That and nobody seems to do any homework on our team. You can always tell because every game we have to go back to the same "We beat Michigan" well every time we have a broadcast. Between that and a few other tropes you could almost have a drinking game out of it.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:39 am

Unfortunately - if you watch any G5 game, it's a similar pattern. They recite the few things they know about the school. Fresno State had David and Derek Carr, Gus Malzahn coached at Arkansas State, Georgia Southern runs the triple option, etc. and then they get to talking about the game in between their blather about the playoffs, Heisman, other bowls, etc.

It's pretty clear to me that the Sun Belt is at least the 3rd best G5 now behind AAC and MWC. CUSA is garbage, as evidenced by 2 of their top teams getting eviscerated by opponents with interim coaches on Saturday. Our other encounters with CUSA schools have gone pretty much this same way. Hope that stays the case when Marshall comes to town!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”