Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Stout postgame comments

StorminASU
School: Appalachian State

Stout postgame comments

Unread post by StorminASU » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:23 am

Did anyone else hear Stout's postgame comment about the players doing this one for I've because they all know no one else deserved the job except him?

I think we're loaded do next year and could roll hard into a magical season, but is there any concern the new guy can't earn their respect and we falter? I don't want to buzz kill the AppState party, but that comment was concerning to hear over radio land.

appstatealum

Re: Stout postgame comments

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:53 am

StorminASU wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:23 am
Did anyone else hear Stout's postgame comment about the players doing this one for I've because they all know no one else deserved the job except him?

I think we're loaded do next year and could roll hard into a magical season, but is there any concern the new guy can't earn their respect and we falter? I don't want to buzz kill the AppState party, but that comment was concerning to hear over radio land.
They’ll come around. this whole thing has been tough on those kids, especially the 4 year guys and defensive guys. I talked to a few players tonight, heard some excitement from them. But, I think it’ll be real important for DG to keep Ivey on staff. Ivey could be the next HC in waiting if Drink drives this Ferrari into his next job.
The Appalachian State

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:24 am

StorminASU wrote:

I think Myquon's reaction is understandable. He's young and idealistic and this has been/is a hard dose of reality to swallow for him and for his teammates. I agree with appstatealum that the majority of our kids will come around. In my experience, going back to Coach Brakefield's forced retirement, we can expect some attrition. Some guys (hopefully only a few) will have a personality conflict with Coach D or with some "outsider" position coach. That's almost a given. Hopefully, it will be a very small number.

We lost about 50 players in total when Coach Moore was hired to replace Sparky Woods. No one wanted to play for that Texan. Contrary to urban legend, those kids DID NOT follow Woods to USC. (Well, three did and only one got any PT...QB Bobby Fuller, LB/DB Rocky Clay and one other guy whose name escapes me. (Fuller started for two seasons and is among the Gamecocks' top 25 QBs of all time; Clay was in on exactly three plays in two seasons as I recall; the other guy may have dressed one season, but never saw the inside of a huddle). It's too late to go into it in any more detail tonight. That'll come later if there's any need or interest. I'll hope it dies right here.

Coach Drinkwitz just needs to get to work pronto and hire Ivy and Clark immediately, if not sooner!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:04 pm

Teams have some kind of attrition every year but I'd be shocked if we had significant transfers out. These kids know how good they are and what's possible for the next several years if they stay together, it'd be foolish to pass that up. It sure feels like 2019 could be a major breakout year for the program...came close this year.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:10 pm

I also think once they meet the new coach they're going to be excited. Hopefully they won't have too many outside influences giving them poor advice.
WE ARE YOSEF!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Satterfield's staff recruited high character guys and the 2 Deep for 2019 is fairly well seasoned. I expect that leadership to stand pat and help the new coach create some buy in, especially considering the relatively magical season that was 2018. I suspect the team will see anything less than a win at USC and/or UNC as a disappointment and I believe that will push some of the buy in to the new guy. Stout is graduating and can feel how he wants because that is his final game. If he were a junior, I doubt the comments about Ivey being the only guy qualified for the job would be made.

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Contrary to urban legend, those kids DID NOT follow Woods to USC. (Well, three did and only one got any PT...QB Bobby Fuller, LB/DB Rocky Clay and one other guy whose name escapes me. (Fuller started for two seasons and is among the Gamecocks' top 25 QBs of all time; Clay was in on exactly three plays in two seasons as I recall; the other guy may have dressed one season, but never saw the inside of a huddle).

Coach Drinkwitz just needs to get to work pronto and hire Ivy and Clark immediately, if not sooner!

IIRC, Jay Killen is the “other guy” that went to South Carolina with Sparky.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:54 pm

asu66 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:24 am
StorminASU wrote:

I think Myquon's reaction is understandable. He's young and idealistic and this has been/is a hard dose of reality to swallow for him and for his teammates. I agree with appstatealum that the majority of our kids will come around. In my experience, going back to Coach Brakefield's forced retirement, we can expect some attrition. Some guys (hopefully only a few) will have a personality conflict with Coach D or with some "outsider" position coach. That's almost a given. Hopefully, it will be a very small number.

We lost about 50 players in total when Coach Moore was hired to replace Sparky Woods. No one wanted to play for that Texan. Contrary to urban legend, those kids DID NOT follow Woods to USC. (Well, three did and only one got any PT...QB Bobby Fuller, LB/DB Rocky Clay and one other guy whose name escapes me. (Fuller started for two seasons and is among the Gamecocks' top 25 QBs of all time; Clay was in on exactly three plays in two seasons as I recall; the other guy may have dressed one season, but never saw the inside of a huddle). It's too late to go into it in any more detail tonight. That'll come later if there's any need or interest. I'll hope it dies right here.

The player who escapes you was Jay Killen, offensive lineman. He was one of our York boys in 1987.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:09 am

Ivey and Jones are gone.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:28 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:09 am
Ivey and Jones are gone.
Where?