Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

New App State Blog

AppNation85
School: Appalachian State

New App State Blog

Unread post by AppNation85 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:27 am

So I started AppStateNation back in the day which eventually morphed into AppNation247 along with a few talented others like Holloway who I believe is still at 247. Before that I did movie reviews pretty seriously so I’ve always been into blogging one way or the other. Later I simultaneously went through a divorce and got stationed in Germany so needless to say I took a break from it.

Now I’m back in the US and finally have some time and I want to get back into it.

1. I’m looking for 2 people to join me. It could be students or anyone who enjoys blogging and App State. If they live in Boone that’s preferred. I need a few people to help me put out enough content to make it interesting.

2. I want it to be more casual/fun and free to view. Will leave the recruiting stuff to others and focus mainly on big picture football, basketball, occasional conference realignment, staff hires, rumor mill, facility upgrades, sharing relevant tweets/videos we find, etc.

3. I’m looking for advice on where to put it. I’m thinking about asking SBNation if they would like to host it. No guarantees that they would accept but I’m hoping my background with 247 gets me in the door. Are there are any other websites like SBNation that I should consider? I want to do something on a professional network as I’ve done the whole “maintain my own website” thing in the past and don’t want to again.

4. For the name, I would like to continue a play on the AppNation theme depending on which network it ends up on.
Twitter: @RankAppState

beav910

Re: New App State Blog

Unread post by beav910 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:55 am

I love this idea.. and hosting at SBNation doesn’t sound like a bad idea either. I think it’d be cool for App to be among the P5 and select G5 schools that have a blog dedicated to them on the site. The content would obviously be more App-centric rather than going to Underdog Dynasty for stuff.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:03 am

AppNation85 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:27 am
So I started AppStateNation back in the day which eventually morphed into AppNation247 along with a few talented others like Holloway who I believe is still at 247. Before that I did movie reviews pretty seriously so I’ve always been into blogging one way or the other. Later I simultaneously went through a divorce and got stationed in Germany so needless to say I took a break from it.

Now I’m back in the US and finally have some time and I want to get back into it.

1. I’m looking for 2 people to join me. It could be students or anyone who enjoys blogging and App State. If they live in Boone that’s preferred. I need a few people to help me put out enough content to make it interesting.

2. I want it to be more casual/fun and free to view. Will leave the recruiting stuff to others and focus mainly on big picture football, basketball, occasional conference realignment, staff hires, rumor mill, facility upgrades, sharing relevant tweets/videos we find, etc.

3. I’m looking for advice on where to put it. I’m thinking about asking SBNation if they would like to host it. No guarantees that they would accept but I’m hoping my background with 247 gets me in the door. Are there are any other websites like SBNation that I should consider? I want to do something on a professional network as I’ve done the whole “maintain my own website” thing in the past and don’t want to again.

4. For the name, I would like to continue a play on the AppNation theme depending on which network it ends up on.
I'd be more than happy to contribute. Not a current student, and live in Virginia, but a passionate App Grad who wants the best for all aspects of the university. Please send me a DM if you feel I can be an asset.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

4appst8

Unread post by 4appst8 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:04 am

Love the idea and wish you well on getting it up and running!

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:34 am

I’d love to contribute as much as I can. I think the SBNation idea is great, especially since Underdog Dynasty has a surprising lack of App coverage in comparison to other Sun Belt teams, and their articles are in dire need of an editor.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:22 am

Get ASUTodd to contribute the negative opinions. Always good to have a counterpoint🙄

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:29 am

I'd also back doing a site tied in with SBNation. A lot of other schools already have a blog attached to it (see here: https://www.sbnation.com/blogs) so I think the association there would be good for optics on our program. Plus, as someone else had mentioned, you'd get the tie-in to Underdog Dynasty in the process.

PennywiseEsquire

Unread post by PennywiseEsquire » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:49 pm

I’m an alum and I live and work in Boone. I’d be interested in joining. I love the idea.
Hi Hi Yikas

AppNation85

Unread post by AppNation85 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Thanks for the interest guys, I heard from several of you and I pm’d a few that responded on here.

Does anyone know any other sites like SBNation that could be a backup plan? Haven’t contacted them yet because I’m looking at all the options first.
Last edited by AppNation85 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

yosefshat

Unread post by yosefshat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:12 pm

I would be interested in providing content. 2016 Alum living in Charlotte

AppNation85

Unread post by AppNation85 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:29 am

Alright I’ve messaged everyone so far, now I think I’m good with volunteers I got way more people than I expected.

However, if anyone has any friends that work at SBNation or know of any similar type websites that could be helpful.

AppNation85

Unread post by AppNation85 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:54 am

Well I spoke with one of the Underdog Dynasty guys and got the email for the head honcho at SBNation so I’m gonna get all the ducks in a row and make a pitch and we’ll see what happens.

AppStateTailgate

Unread post by AppStateTailgate » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:34 pm

So we've got a name, a logo, a temporary website, and a few writers.
http://www.AppStateTailgate.com

We need your help though. We're shopping this project around and since we're starting from a standstill rather than a fully operating blog we need to prove there's demand from App State fans for this. If you're interested in App State having a presence on SBNation or another sports network please follow us on twitter and facebook:
http://www.twitter.com/appsttailgate
http://www.facebook.com/appsttailgate

FYI no matter what happens we won't have a message board so this new site in no way competes with Yosef's Cabin. That's why I feel comfortable posting this here. It will simply be more coverage for App State.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:58 pm

You would of course be welcome to take over Tdogs old role here if you wanted on YosefsCabin. Most of the good P5s have a big independent site with a forum and blog so it would be cool to see App gave that again as well.

AppStateTailgate

Unread post by AppStateTailgate » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Yosef wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:58 pm
You would of course be welcome to take over Tdogs old role here if you wanted on YosefsCabin. Most of the good P5s have a big independent site with a forum and blog so it would be cool to see App gave that again as well.
Definitely appreciate that. Main goal going in was to get App on SBNation. If that falls through we will definitely talk. Holidays are slowing things down a bit so we're using the break to try to boost our numbers to impress them when they get back.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:22 am
Get ASUTodd to contribute the negative opinions. Always good to have a counterpoint🙄
Please tell me you are joking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”