Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Too early to Drink the Kool-Aid?

AppUSMC
School: Appalachian State

Too early to Drink the Kool-Aid?

Unread post by AppUSMC » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:05 pm

I have never been more optimistic about App State football’s future... ever!

Coach Drink is the real deal, and I can’t wait to see what he can accomplish. The keys to the Farrari have been handed to Mario Andretti! I’ve just got a really good feeling about this guy.

“Your job is to improve. You’ve got to improve every single year. You can’t sit back. If you sit back and get all rested up, pat yourself on the back, football will humble you really quickly. We have to continue to move forward!”

We as fans have to improve. Join Yosef Club if you haven’t already.

Then recruit 4 friends to join too.

GO APP!

StorminASU

Re: Too early to Drink the Kool-Aid?

Unread post by StorminASU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:13 pm

I've drank so much already my tongue is bright red. This guy seems legit and I'm very excited to have him on the mountain. I am anxious to hear how the players respond though for the first few interactions.

FTE_rawr

Unread post by FTE_rawr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:19 pm

AppUSMC wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:05 pm

Coach Drink is the real deal, and I can’t wait to see what he can accomplish. The keys to the Farrari have been handed to Mario Andretti! I’ve just got a really good feeling about this guy.

“Your job is to improve. You’ve got to improve every single year. You can’t sit back. If you sit back and get all rested up, pat yourself on the back, football will humble you really quickly. We have to continue to move forward!”

GO APP!
I'm probably more excited than I should be for this hire. I'm graduating in May, and plan on joining the Yosef Club once I'm able to pull together funds for it.
---------------------------------------------
Class of '19

Mainly a reddit user, skimming message boards for App News.

Come talk at /r/CFB and /r/sunbelt

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:23 pm

FTE_rawr wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:19 pm
AppUSMC wrote:

GO APP!
I'm probably more excited than I should be for this hire. I'm graduating in May, and plan on joining the Yosef Club once I'm able to pull together funds for it.
Be sure to check out the young alumni package. I'm also a fairly recent alum and it's a great deal to get involved when you're still establishing your "adult life"
https://appstatesports.com/news/2017/5/ ... lumni.aspx

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:25 pm

FTE_rawr wrote:
AppUSMC wrote:

GO APP!
Please, please, please encourage your classmates, roommates, etc. to do the same thing. Start off with a little bit, then as you become more established in your work career you can look to increase the amount. Best of luck to you and your future endeavors.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

FTE_rawr

Unread post by FTE_rawr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:27 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:25 pm
FTE_rawr wrote:
AppUSMC wrote:

GO APP!
Please, please, please encourage your classmates, roommates, etc. to do the same thing. Start off with a little bit, then as you become more established in your work career you can look to increase the amount. Best of luck to you and your future endeavors.
Thanks! I'm hopefully starting grad school at A&T in the Fall, but I'm gonna do what I can. Definitely trying to get my friends into it.
---------------------------------------------
Class of '19

Mainly a reddit user, skimming message boards for App News.

Come talk at /r/CFB and /r/sunbelt

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 pm

I will take a Big hit of that Kool-Aid please! I am pleased with DG's job and the Coach Drinkwitz hire. I talked with some former App State Football players in NOLA and they had talked with Coach Drinkwitz and were good to go with him. They said the future is Very bright and I am in. I am still a little concerned with our Defensive coaches going forward...but what the hell do I know anyway. Time will tell Soon I hope. I am positively dreading the next many months without App State Football games, but I am looking forward to a very bright future for our Mountaineers!!!
Give Em Hell!!

TomA415

Unread post by TomA415 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:18 pm

87ASUgrad wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 pm
I will take a Big hit of that Kool-Aid please! I am pleased with DG's job and the Coach Drinkwitz hire. I talked with some former App State Football players in NOLA and they had talked with Coach Drinkwitz and were good to go with him. They said the future is Very bright and I am in. I am still a little concerned with our Defensive coaches going forward...but what the hell do I know anyway. Time will tell Soon I hope. I am positively dreading the next many months without App State Football games, but I am looking forward to a very bright future for our Mountaineers!!!
You’re not alone in that sentiment I think. I believe our offense will be exponentially better once everyone is comfortable in the system next year which may take a few games.

However, I’m worried about our defense from a coaching perspective. Our defense is way way too fast and talented to get some new DC who plays a more conservative approach. We dominated that bowl game in part because Stockstill had almost no time to throw the ball and we swarmed to the ball on every run. That was the theme this year. Hopefully he makes the right moves defensively because with all our seniors on defense next year (it’s around 6 or 7 if I remember correctly), next year is I think our best year potential wise ever. Even with the offense of elite sophomores coming back the next year, our defense takes a significant talent hit after next year.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:42 pm

Short answer...yes. We will see, I’m optimistic

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:03 pm

https://appstatesports.com/news/2018/12 ... rpose.aspx

Watch the Twitter video embedded in the article. Coach D knows his BBQ!!! Maybe he will discuss cups & ice at a later time!!!
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:03 pm

Coach D lived in Raleigh for three years, so he probably knows more about BBQ than most of our fanbase.

Also, if I have another sip of this koolaid the doctor said he's taking my foot. Hiring Drink was a from-the-free-throw-line, windmill, Spacejam-level slam dunk hire. We made one of the best hires in all of college football this year regardless of level.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:03 pm
Coach D lived in Raleigh for three years, so he probably knows more about BBQ than most of our fanbase.

Also, if I have another sip of this koolaid the doctor said he's taking my foot. Hiring Drink was a from-the-free-throw-line, windmill, Spacejam-level slam dunk hire. We made one of the best hires in all of college football this year regardless of level.
I agree. I hope we're right. I think we are.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:49 pm

StorminASU wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:13 pm
I've drank so much already my tongue is bright red. This guy seems legit and I'm very excited to have him on the mountain. I am anxious to hear how the players respond though for the first few interactions.
If you listen to the comments made by CED, his message seems to be the same as the former coach. The things that he is saying makes m believe that the culture is going to stay intact. If reports are to be believed, he reached out to DG about the job. He WANTS to be here. The players did not choose him, he chose them. It is up to them to meet him half way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”