Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coach Drink Staff Thread

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:22 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:35 pm
How about Randy Moss? He lives in Charlotte.
:?: Randy Moss :?: ...under no circumstances. He's neither a fit for who we are nor what we're about. He's a Marshall attendee but any degree he holds from Huntington High II is highly suspect. Someone threw a fake sheepskin in Randy's car window while he was parked at the Cabell County Jail, maybe. He was at MU during the great probation era..."Classes? What classes? We don't go to no classes here. We just bail and party, man."
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am

HighlandsApp wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:01 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:59 pm
The Rock wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:02 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:56 pm
I'm speculating a little, but I have heard of a few coaches, one of which was here during DGs tenure, that left and wanted to come back recently but DG made it clear that bridge was burnt. Really wondering who that is now......
I always thought it was more on Ga southern’s end, but the whole progression of woody to tech and Sloan to stink was a bit messed up.
Maybe woody could have announced his leaving sooner and Sloan would have stayed at App, Or woody poaching wood may have left some bad memories for the existing staff. It is strange that of all the people Satt has given an offer if any kind, woody isn’t one of them, especially when he was a DC a looking for a job.
Sloan is a very good coach but I heard rumors that he got mad when he was passed up for our DC job a few years ago and his ego got the best of him. Hope that is not true because I thought he was doing a good job and if not true I would love to have him back.
Interesteding. Something must have really went South.
Heard he was upset at not getting promotion. Who knows if that is just a coach who was upset that Sloan left or if it is true but was told he was not happy about it and that's why he left for GSU. He really wants to be a P5 coordinator and the minute any of them offer he will leave GSU.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:01 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:02 am
The Rock wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:10 am
Get cardwell back. Let him coach TEs and Watts WRs
Cardwell not coming back from Louisville
He isn’t at a coaching position at UL. Don’t know his salary, but he isn’t technically a coach.

appaneer1984

Unread post by appaneer1984 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:04 am

I'd love to have Ricky Proehl as the WR coach
I just come for what peace I can find | The spirit ever lingers in a song | And the mountain's gonna sing this song for me |Rock me off to sleep

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:06 am

asu66 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:22 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:35 pm
How about Randy Moss? He lives in Charlotte.
:?: Randy Moss :?: ...under no circumstances. He's neither a fit for who we are nor what we're about. He's a Marshall attendee but any degree he holds from Huntington High II is highly suspect. Someone threw a fake sheepskin in Randy's car window while he was parked at the Cabell County Jail, maybe. He was at MU during the great probation era..."Classes? What classes? We don't go to no classes here. We just bail and party, man."
I was joking man. My sarcasm font is broke on my compooter.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:12 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am
HighlandsApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:56 pm
I'm speculating a little, but I have heard of a few coaches, one of which was here during DGs tenure, that left and wanted to come back recently but DG made it clear that bridge was burnt. Really wondering who that is now......
I always thought it was more on Ga southern’s end, but the whole progression of woody to tech and Sloan to stink was a bit messed up.
Maybe woody could have announced his leaving sooner and Sloan would have stayed at App, Or woody poaching wood may have left some bad memories for the existing staff. It is strange that of all the people Satt has given an offer if any kind, woody isn’t one of them, especially when he was a DC a looking for a job.
Sloan is a very good coach but I heard rumors that he got mad when he was passed up for our DC job a few years ago and his ego got the best of him. Hope that is not true because I thought he was doing a good job and if not true I would love to have him back.
Heard he was upset at not getting promotion. Who knows if that is just a coach who was upset that Sloan left or if it is true but was told he was not happy about it and that's why he left for GSU. He really wants to be a P5 coordinator and the minute any of them offer he will leave GSU.
That's not entirely true. He had agreed to become the DC at GS but asked to keep it quiet as he was waiting to see what was happening to Nate and Tech. He would have stayed given the option but the GS AD leaked it before the Woody hire was confirmed and forced his hand. As I understand it, Lunsford drove up to Boone to apologize for that in person. There was no bad blood between the two. In fact, some in the App administration were wanting him back to become DC and he was called and told it wasn't going to happen out of courtesy and respect.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:27 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:12 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am
HighlandsApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
The Rock wrote:

That's not entirely true. He had agreed to become the DC at GS but asked to keep it quiet as he was waiting to see what was happening to Nate and Tech. He would have stayed given the option but the GS AD leaked it before the Woody hire was confirmed and forced his hand. As I understand it, Lunsford drove up to Boone to apologize for that in person. There was no bad blood between the two. In fact, some in the App administration were wanting him back to become DC and he was called and told it wasn't going to happen out of courtesy and respect.
I like that version of events much better. I would think that coaches and athletic directors all have an understanding of the competitive nature of the job. Perfectly understandable for someone to be upset when they are passed over, but I would hope there is a level of professionalism involved. I would think that only a lack of that professionalism would "burn bridges". I know....I'm just a Kool-Aid drinker.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:24 pm

I’m still not seeing anything about Junior Adams.....where is everyone seeing this?
The Appalachian State

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:27 pm

Courtesy and respect? Between App and GS!?

BLASPHEMY!

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:46 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:24 pm
I’m still not seeing anything about Junior Adams.....where is everyone seeing this?
Rumors. May be true, but I haven't even seen his name mentioned outside of a couple twitter accounts from UW.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:36 pm

The Rock wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:46 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Rumors. May be true, but I haven't even seen his name mentioned outside of a couple twitter accounts from UW.
\

I've fine-combed the net and I can't find anything concrete about talks between Adams and the Huskies. That doesn't necessarily mean that he won't be on the next flight out to the left coast.

I'll say this. If he's already signed a contract with App I strongly counsel him to honor it. Word gets around...

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:39 pm

asu66 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:36 pm
The Rock wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
\

I've fine-combed the net and I can't find anything concrete about talks between Adams and the Huskies. That doesn't necessarily mean that he won't be on the next flight out to the left coast.

I'll say this. If he's already signed a contract with App I strongly counsel him to honor it. Word gets around...
I agree with you, but it seems like that is the norm now. How many coaches have signed this year with one school to leave days or weeks later for another opportunity? Doesn't seem to matter, but I would expect my staff to stay at least 1 year at this point, if i'm the HC

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:14 pm

The Rock wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:39 pm
asu66 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:36 pm
The Rock wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
\

I agree with you, but it seems like that is the norm now. How many coaches have signed this year with one school to leave days or weeks later for another opportunity? Doesn't seem to matter, but I would expect my staff to stay at least 1 year at this point, if i'm the HC
Yeah, that's true and it's not all that new. I remember when Larry Brown signed to coach MBB at Davidson. That lasted somewhere close to 36 hours. Then, Cremins left Ga Tech to return to USC & The Roost supposedly to satisfy a promise he was rumored to have made to Frank McGuire. It turned out that the rumor was truly only a rumor. The promise he chose to honor was one he made to Carolyn. Bobby's head coaching career at his "Carolina" was under 24 hours.

There are countless others... Now if Adams has extenuating circumstances and he works through it professionally with Coach Drink and DG, that's a little different.

Truth be known, if Adams is involved, it's likely a $$$ issue. Matt Lubick was to make $475,008 as Co-Of Coord and WR Coach of the Huskies.

Appalachman

Unread post by Appalachman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Adams to UW on the scoop, football scoop now.

BooneAnonymous

Unread post by BooneAnonymous » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:22 pm

He gone

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:23 pm

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:29 pm

C2A20A87-7033-477C-84BD-EDEE5F6D78B0.jpeg

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:31 pm

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:57 pm

Good. This thread was starting to slow down anyway. We can keep it going while we take laps around the anxiety pool again.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:16 pm

I’m betting Drinkwitz forgot the integrity part of the speech in conversations with Junior......or Junior wasn’t listening.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”