Coach Drink Staff Thread

fjblair
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 290 times
Been thanked: 133 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by fjblair » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:51 pm
appstate24 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:24 pm
FWIW. I wasn’t going to share this until now. I spoke with some S&C staff and other football staffers on Bourbon Street on Friday before the game. They all alluded to the fact that Ivey and Dale Jones would both be leaving. They said Clark would be staying and possibly Watts. Also said that multiple members of the staff told Coach Drink that Coach Gasporano was a rising star and some even recommended him to be the new DC. We shall see but that’s what I was told. GO APPS!!
He say anything to you about what would be going on with S&C? That’s honestly the area I’m most concerned about. Mike and his program have been a huge advantage over the years IMO.
The ducks! Somebody save the ducks!



appstate24
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by appstate24 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:57 pm

All he said about the S&C staff was that he was waiting to see if Coach Mike would be offering him a position. So nothing concrete on that front. GO APPS!!



User avatar
yosef13
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:13 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by yosef13 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:04 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:48 pm
I heard Satt was negotiating with the Farmer’s Wife and the girl fiddler that played “Devil Went Down to Georgia.” Somebody guard the Rock and the Tweetsie Whistle. ;)
I also heard he has convinced the owner of Daniel Boone Inn to relocate the Louisville. Damn you Satt!



Gnomeneer
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:47 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Belmont, NC
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by Gnomeneer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Is Howard's Knob being relocated to Louisville for the annual run?



User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 1407 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Hearing Clark is being looked at for Charleston Southern HC job

Ivey not gone yet, but he was offered a position at Louisville. Rumor has it that he would like to stay at App if he can get a $ bump.

Ivey had his hands full with a ton of crap over the last 2 weeks and came out of it looking like GOLD. If it will only take a small bump in pay to keep Ivey, Drink and DG better figure out a way to do it.

I’m also putting it out there that we need to bring back Kent for S&C.


Out here with the moves like I invented smooth

The Rock
Posts: 972
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:37 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm
Hearing Clark is being looked at for Charleston Southern HC job

Ivey not gone yet, but he was offered a position at Louisville. Rumor has it that he would like to stay at App if he can get a $ bump.

Ivey had his hands full with a ton of crap over the last 2 weeks and came out of it looking like GOLD. If it will only take a small bump in pay to keep Ivey, Drink and DG better figure out a way to do it.

I’m also putting it out there that we need to bring back Kent for S&C.
How current is that info?
Kent seems to have been in decline lately and took a lot of heat at Florida



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3854
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 1338 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Coach D needs a good wingman. Cut a position and give Ivey the $$$



Yosef10
Posts: 1096
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by Yosef10 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:46 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm
Hearing Clark is being looked at for Charleston Southern HC job

Ivey not gone yet, but he was offered a position at Louisville. Rumor has it that he would like to stay at App if he can get a $ bump.

Ivey had his hands full with a ton of crap over the last 2 weeks and came out of it looking like GOLD. If it will only take a small bump in pay to keep Ivey, Drink and DG better figure out a way to do it.

I’m also putting it out there that we need to bring back Kent for S&C.
According to the UL 247 guy who has been spot on ever since the wheels got rolling on Satt, Ivey and Jones will both be going to UL. It’s official.

Looking like Settle will join that staff as RB coach also.



AppSt8Will
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by AppSt8Will » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:57 pm

yosef13 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:04 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:48 pm
I heard Satt was negotiating with the Farmer’s Wife and the girl fiddler that played “Devil Went Down to Georgia.” Somebody guard the Rock and the Tweetsie Whistle. ;)
I also heard he has convinced the owner of Daniel Boone Inn to relocate the Louisville. Damn you Satt!
That's my brother...I can squash that rumor right here and now 😀



AppSt94
Posts: 3090
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 821 times
Been thanked: 656 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:51 pm
appstate24 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:24 pm
FWIW. I wasn’t going to share this until now. I spoke with some S&C staff and other football staffers on Bourbon Street on Friday before the game. They all alluded to the fact that Ivey and Dale Jones would both be leaving. They said Clark would be staying and possibly Watts. Also said that multiple members of the staff told Coach Drink that Coach Gasporano was a rising star and some even recommended him to be the new DC. We shall see but that’s what I was told. GO APPS!!
He say anything to you about what would be going on with S&C? That’s honestly the area I’m most concerned about. Mike and his program have been a huge advantage over the years IMO.
This actually the one area that should concen you the least. Coach Mike and staff have been fantastic, but his boss Anthony Glass has a Rolodex full of contacts that are just as good, if not better than Mike.



Boroneer10
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:06 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by Boroneer10 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:16 pm

An NC State Insider message board is saying Ted Roof might be in line to be our DC. That would an unbelievably bad hire and completely ruin any good feelings I had about this Drink hire. We are an attacking, aggressive defense. Roof's style is very passive and sits back hoping to hold to a field goal. We need to let Gillin know this cannot happen.
Last edited by Boroneer10 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 1407 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:20 pm

The Rock wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:37 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm
Hearing Clark is being looked at for Charleston Southern HC job

Ivey not gone yet, but he was offered a position at Louisville. Rumor has it that he would like to stay at App if he can get a $ bump.

Ivey had his hands full with a ton of crap over the last 2 weeks and came out of it looking like GOLD. If it will only take a small bump in pay to keep Ivey, Drink and DG better figure out a way to do it.

I’m also putting it out there that we need to bring back Kent for S&C.
How current is that info?
Kent seems to have been in decline lately and took a lot of heat at Florida
As of this afternoon, ive heard nothing different. But as we know, Eli met with them today, so this all could be reaching a conclusion quickly.

Based on his presser, Drink has a clear direction and he has more than grabbed the reigns of this thing. If he feels like someone won't fit the direction we are going, we have to trust his opinion. I'd def feel uneasy about him not retaining some guys, but I came away from his presser extremely impressed and excited about the future.


Out here with the moves like I invented smooth

appstate24
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by appstate24 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Please...PLEASE someone confirm that we are not truly going after Ted Roof?!?! I would take anyone on our current staff over Roof. GO APPS!!



User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 1407 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Boroneer10 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:16 pm
An NC State Insider message board is saying Ted Roof might be in line to be our DC. That would an unbelievably bad hire and completely ruin and any good feelings I had about this Drink hire. We are an attacking, aggressive defense. Roof's style is very passive and sits back hoping to hold to a field goal. We need to let Gillin know this cannot happen.
Based on NCSUs defensive results, I would be suprised if he brought Roof here. Maybe he knows something we don't, but that defense was troubling.


Out here with the moves like I invented smooth

Goapps15
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 597 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by Goapps15 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:26 pm

Roof has had mixed success and has been around big programs.



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3854
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 1338 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Satt told Holt to bring the toilet paper from the offices with him and the hand soap. “Leave nothing behind”!!!!!



Appstate88
Posts: 813
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 353 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Ivey or Woody as DC.



Boroneer10
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:06 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by Boroneer10 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Goapps15 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:26 pm
Roof has had mixed success and has been around big programs.
The game has passed Roof by, he is clueless at stopping modern passing offenses. NC State had one of the worst passing defenses in the country last season, 120th overall. Bringing in Ted Roof would be foolish and a complete waste of a generational group of talent on the defensive side of the ball for App. I can't believe he's even being considered.



unknown
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by unknown » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:03 pm

The Rock wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:37 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm
Hearing Clark is being looked at for Charleston Southern HC job

Ivey not gone yet, but he was offered a position at Louisville. Rumor has it that he would like to stay at App if he can get a $ bump.

Ivey had his hands full with a ton of crap over the last 2 weeks and came out of it looking like GOLD. If it will only take a small bump in pay to keep Ivey, Drink and DG better figure out a way to do it.

I’m also putting it out there that we need to bring back Kent for S&C.
How current is that info?
Kent seems to have been in decline lately and took a lot of heat at Florida
Bringing Kent back would be horrible.



User avatar
NattyBumppo'sRevenge
Posts: 1119
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:55 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 395 times
Been thanked: 487 times

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Woody has already been hired by Army, Ivey likely gone to UL. Roof would be awful, need young blood.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online