Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Disregard post

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: VERY worried about the state of our recruiting class this year.

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:49 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:10 pm
NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:19 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:30 am
Can we change the thread title please?

Between this, the Drink assistant thread, and Mo Mamba you'd have no idea that this is a fan base coming off a season with it's teams' best football team ever.

We signed a great recruiting class to add to a LOADED team that's third youngest in the FBS, ie not many holes to fill. No ratings system disagrees, and even if one did, those metrics have been verified as unreliable time and time again over the years. This is 100% hysterical nonsense and my only concern is the possibility of casual fans or god forbid recruit stumbles in to this forum and sees this bull shit.
Geez. This isn't the first time threads have been posted that would be detrimental to recruiting and casual fans, many of which you have commented on. Self righteous much?
Pot, I'd like to introduce you to kettle.
YOU HAVE NEVER READ one of my posts which were critical of players or coaches or recruiting.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Woodstovegang

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:59 pm

Relax, 3 star athletes most. And no wasted scholarships on QBs. Do need O line in future

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:34 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:31 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:14 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:32 pm
While I don't believe in looking past ETSU......
Give our program and our team some credit. We're not going to forget how to move the ball and score. Our defense is not going to lose it's edge and our special teams players are in place.

The team that left the field in New Orleans is not going to lose 5-6 more games, if they slipped up against ETSU.

And I'm not sure in the 6'5" FCS DE would have found room to play in our line-up.

Anything can happen, but we are a solid Top 30 program with a ton of returning starters and impact players.
True but we are also an injury to ZT or complete arrogance away from losing 1-5 games. Need to really stay focused. Can and should our team go 13-0 or 12-1? Absolutely. Will we? We will need some luck and to show up 100% each and every week.

If you don't think there are players in FCS who could help our team or even help a lot of ACC or SEC teams then you need to watch around. Remember when we were FCS? You can't tell me Brian Quick, Corey Lynch, Dexter Jackson, Armanti Edwards, etc. couldn't have helped some P5 teams. There are some at that level too. I want to make sure we respect every opponent and give it out best. Hopefully we as fans show up consistently and don't take any game for granted. We could do something very special but every fan, player, coach, and support staff needs to put 100% effort in every opponent. I don't want to become arrogant or overlook teams because we are loaded. Do we have more NFL talent than ever before and more speed than any SBC team? Most definitely. However, our players need to focus and win. I believe in them and us as a fanbase but I also want to warn against arrogance. We got real arrogant after Michigan and lost to 2 teams who we had no business losing to that season during the regular season. I don't want that happening this year.

I'm just being very cautious and hoping to keep our heads level and prevent arrogance because I don't want to see a letdown. 2019 has a shot to be super special. You can't tell me there is a fan of ours who seeing a win over UNC or South Carolina and an undefeated season wouldn't be the best Christmas gift, birthday gift, or even lifetime gift ever but we truly better show up (players and fans) and make sure we have the best home-field advantage and also show up to road games and minimize their advantage the best we can.
1. There are certainly players in FCS, Division 2, etc. that can play. My point is saying we "totally missed" on a DE who is playing at ETSU is exaggeration.
2. We won games this year without ZT. He gives us our best shot to win, but we are a program, not a player.
3. We were beat up after the Michigan game. FCS teams have less depth and our starters (including Armanti) were not at full strength against Wofford. Plus, our defense was not that good at the beginning of the 2007 season (we had great players, but we were not cohesive as a unit.) We only held Gardner-Webb and Lenoir-Rhyne to less than 17 points and gave up more than 32 points in 7 games including the two losses. Our defense is far superior to 2007.

There's a difference in being conservative and being fearful. There is no reason with the program we have to be fearful. Again, we will enter 2019 as a Top 30 program, potentially being ranked in the Top 25.

Look how our players and our program responded on December 15th.
1. If there is a really good FCS player or G5 player at say Charlotte that we did not offer then I feel like we missed. I mean if Victor Johnson had not panned out we could not say it but now it looks like Clemson, UNC, Duke, NC State, etc all missed on him. We missed on some guys. Everyone does.

2. The one game ZT came out we lose to Georgia Southern. I know our backups did not prepare well enough and I think we will do better next year if it happens but ZT gives us our best chance. He is the best QB in the SBC, by far. You can't lose the best player in the league and not expect things to be a little bit tougher. We really need him and all of our stars to stay healthy. He played several games banged up this year and we must keep him healthy if we are going to do what we should next year.

3. Injuries were part of it but that is not why Dexter Jackson became a showboater and fumbled multiple times. I know for a fact he got very full of himself. He was not focused. The week after Michigan we did not even practice because we entertained all the media. Injuries did contribute to it but we still should not have lost to the other teams. We were the best team in the country and finally got refocused and did it in the playoffs. I think losing those games maybe were good for us because it made us refocus and take care of business. It is the same reason why losing to GSU this year the week we were ranked likely ends up being a blessing in disguise.

4. I don't fear anyone we play but I feel we should respect everyone we play and keep the chip on our shoulder. If we go 12-0 but win by an average margin of say 4 points per game then I bet we won't be ranked. In the SBC we must win every game and can't just escape with a field goal at the end type wins. The only games that we just have to win no matter the score are South Carolina and UNC.

There is not a team on our 2019 schedule that can't be us and yet there is not a team on our 2019 schedule that we are not capable of beating. We could lose to anyone or go 12-0 in the regular season. That's why we play the game.

Michigan thought they could never lose to us and Penn State really thought they could not lose to us. We proved Michigan wrong and Penn State folks will tell you they got lucky to beat us because Satt and the staff did not approach that last drive with the best strategy. On defense had we not done an all out blitz and just played man to man that TD probably does not happen. On offense, had Moore gone down in bounds instead of score we could have run up the middle to set up an easy FG as time expires. That was poor clock management by us and Franklin knows it.

As for December 15th, we looked AWFUL in the first quarter. Had we played like that all game we would have lost. We finally stopped with stupid turnovers and did indeed respond very well. Something like that may happen a few times in 2019 and hopefully we respond the same way. I was very proud of how we responded but I can guarantee you that if we start like that in Columbia or Chapel Hill then we will lose. I'm enjoying our win but I hope the players have already looked past it and are focused on working hard for 2019. They can do something special if they just take it one game at a time.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:11 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:49 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:10 pm
NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:19 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:30 am
Can we change the thread title please?

Between this, the Drink assistant thread, and Mo Mamba you'd have no idea that this is a fan base coming off a season with it's teams' best football team ever.

We signed a great recruiting class to add to a LOADED team that's third youngest in the FBS, ie not many holes to fill. No ratings system disagrees, and even if one did, those metrics have been verified as unreliable time and time again over the years. This is 100% hysterical nonsense and my only concern is the possibility of casual fans or god forbid recruit stumbles in to this forum and sees this bull shit.
Geez. This isn't the first time threads have been posted that would be detrimental to recruiting and casual fans, many of which you have commented on. Self righteous much?
Pot, I'd like to introduce you to kettle.
YOU HAVE NEVER READ one of my posts which were critical of players or coaches or recruiting.
I HAVE READ MANY where you came across as self-righteous though. It is that to which I was referring.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”