Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2016 Bowl, 2017 Bowl, 2018 SB Champ games. Files to watch

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

2016 Bowl, 2017 Bowl, 2018 SB Champ games. Files to watch

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:05 am

I finally pulled the following off my DVR. At some point they may get deleted and I wanted a copy.

2016 Camellia Bowl
2017 Dollar General Bowl

I sent the ESPN+ feed out of my laptop using the HDMI output for
2018 Sun Belt Football Championship

In all three cases I had to use an HDMI to Composite convertor to push the signal to a digital camcorder. The files are saved in QuickTime format but that can be converted and at this point I have not edited out the commercials. VLC media player will play these files in this format.

I may get a chance over winter break to edit out the commercials and make into a DVD folder, or if someone wants to help with editing the three games then that would not hurt my feelings. The games are not HD quality given what I had to do to get them off the DVR or off the ESPN+ feed, but they are watchable, though a little more pixelated than I would prefer.

I can't promise that the 2018 game does not have some buffering at some point as I started the game and walked away from the computer. So it may have buffered and I did not even notice at the time.

And finally you can get some of these games on Youtube without commercials and maybe a better quality video, but here they are if you want them.

I can send links to anyone interested in downloading what I have now form a Google Drive. I will update if I have time to get them into better shape such as no commercials and in a different format. If there is enough interest I will post the links publicly but for now send me a PM with email address or post an email in the thread.

I do plan to get a copy of the 2018 New Orleans Bowl using the same method I did for the Sun Belt championship game, and that may happen later today, though my Google Drive is full with the three games so the NO Bowl may wait just a bit.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

HighPointApp

Re: 2016 Bowl, 2017 Bowl, 2018 SB Champ games. Files to watch

Unread post by HighPointApp » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:29 am

I also found the videos that are on YouTube can be downloaded via Firefox browser. You have to add on the extension. Very good quality.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:37 am

HighPointApp wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:29 am
I also found the videos that are on YouTube can be downloaded via Firefox browser. You have to add on the extension. Very good quality.
There are a few extensions and websites that allow for downloading and those video seem to be without commercials which is nice. Those videos may stay on YouTube for as long as we have any remote interest in watching them but they could also be removed at some point for any number of reasons. So get it while the getting is good if you have an interest in watching the game at a later time.

And there are programs that can play the YouTube downloads and convert to various formats as well.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:48 pm

So at this point I have 2016 Camellia Bowl as a DVD folder here
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

and 2017 Dollar General Bowl as a DVD folder here
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

My Google Drive is full so in a few days I will delete these and add the 2018 SB Championship game and the 2018 NO Bowl game, both as DVD folders.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”