Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Awww... They Miss Us.

MAD Doctor
School: Appalachian State

Awww... They Miss Us.

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am

I suppose playing a CUSA team in a tropical paradise pales in comparison to taking an App State beatdown in Alabama. This post below is from Toledo's message board.

3 days away and no chatter?
It seems like no one really cares about this bowl game. The bowl mania guys put low emphasis and low confidence in their pick of FIU. The FIU board has 28 comments, mostly about the cruise down there... I understand this is not a travelable game for most but jeez... I miss playing App!!

The Rock

Re: Awww... They Miss Us.

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:56 am

MAD Doctor wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am
I suppose playing a CUSA team in a tropical paradise pales in comparison to taking an App State beatdown in Alabama. This post below is from Toledo's message board.

3 days away and no chatter?
It seems like no one really cares about this bowl game. The bowl mania guys put low emphasis and low confidence in their pick of FIU. The FIU board has 28 comments, mostly about the cruise down there... I understand this is not a travelable game for most but jeez... I miss playing App!!

I wouldn’t miss getting my ass handed to me. At least they have a chance to win this one

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:19 am

they deserve a better opponent , yeah right

falcoapp

Unread post by falcoapp » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:30 am

I hope FIU shuts them out.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:51 am

Stonewall wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:19 am
Didn't they say that the first two times that they played App? While Toledo is a worthy opponent, I wouldn't suggest that each and every year they are getting rail roaded in Bowl Season. The only way to fix the match-ups would be to do away with tie-ins completely or at least allow more flexibility in teams swapping. App and Marshall would've been far better opponents for each other while USF and MTSU likely would've been better for one another.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:37 pm

I'm listening to the Bahamas Bowl on the radio now while at lunch. Announcers currently talking up App State and our wins over Toledo.

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Slowly but surely, we are building a good rep as a worthy opponent, legit program in the eyes of other fan bases...

I saw the Toledo board comment the other day and thought it fit in well with this MTSU thread:

https://middletennessee.forums.rivals.c ... mac.14004/

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:10 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:51 am
Stonewall wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:19 am
Didn't they say that the first two times that they played App? While Toledo is a worthy opponent, I wouldn't suggest that each and every year they are getting rail roaded in Bowl Season. The only way to fix the match-ups would be to do away with tie-ins completely or at least allow more flexibility in teams swapping. App and Marshall would've been far better opponents for each other while USF and MTSU likely would've been better for one another.
Yes Sir , and that too.

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Reading MT's message board made me sad for MT fans! I say it's great to be a Mountaineer!!
APPRIDE wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 pm
Slowly but surely, we are building a good rep as a worthy opponent, legit program in the eyes of other fan bases...

I saw the Toledo board comment the other day and thought it fit in well with this MTSU thread:

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:59 pm

APPRIDE wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 pm

That's a fun read! Especially loved the comment referring to our team as a buzz-saw.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Wow! Look no further than the Mid.Tenn. message board's group hug-fest for App. State football. Compliments can be no better than those coming from opponents' fan base.

I especially appreciate their comments about the dirty play & late hits in the 2nd half. I noticed that too and found it appalling. It made me madder than a wet, setting hen at the time. But, the BEST part of such BS and lack of discipline on MT's part, is that App. State did not respond in kind. Although, sitting there in the stands, I must confess I sure wanted to see some responses in-kind. The fact is though, just pointing to the scoreboard is all that is necessary. I have not been so proud of a Mountaineer team before. Great job guys!

The 2018 App. State team was clearly the best team we have ever put on the field.

And, the future looks bright! Cannot wait for Sept. Go Apps!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:44 am

AppAlum1 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:02 pm
Wow! Look no further than the Mid.Tenn. message board's group hug-fest for App. State football. Compliments can be no better than those coming from opponents' fan base.

I especially appreciate their comments about the dirty play & late hits in the 2nd half. I noticed that too and found it appalling. It made me madder than a wet, setting hen at the time. But, the BEST part of such BS and lack of discipline on MT's part, is that App. State did not respond in kind. Although, sitting there in the stands, I must confess I sure wanted to see some responses in-kind. The fact is though, just pointing to the scoreboard is all that is necessary. I have not been so proud of a Mountaineer team before. Great job guys!

The 2018 App. State team was clearly the best team we have ever put on the field.

How quickly we forget the Armanti lead team.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:49 am

2016, 2017, and 2018 App teams were better than 2007. Not even close.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:08 am

NewApp wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:44 am
AppAlum1 wrote:

The 2018 team would destroy any Armanti led team. 3-4 TDs.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:12 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:08 am
NewApp wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:44 am
AppAlum1 wrote:

The 2018 team would destroy any Armanti led team. 3-4 TDs.
Nope. You forget who all was in those teams.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:50 am

/facepalm. I don’t know if a single player from 2007 would start on the 2018 team. We were talking about this in New Orleans (predicting that some old cretin would feel this way). We went position by position, including QB. Probably Kilgore. Maybe Armanti. 20-21 others would come off the bench.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:13 pm

The 2018 team versus a combo of the offense in 2007 and defense in 2006 is the only team close to this squad.

That 2006 defense was beast, but would be a half step slow compared to this one (or 2017).

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:06 pm

I think the Armanti led teams could play well, but they would struggle mightedly against our defense from the last few years. Not to bring it up again and stir everyone up, Taylor would be the weak Link for the modern era teams. Zac would shred Gilbert and Touchstone.

Here is who could start now or at least play significant minutes from the 07 squad-

Armanti
DJ Smith
Brian Quick
Henessee
LeGree
Kevin Richardson
Justin Woazeah (if not suspended)
Corey Lynch
Kilgore
Jabari Fletcher
Dexter would get time in the slot....

And......
Julian Rauch- I throw him in because the dude had ice water in his veins. That translates to any level of football.

But to reiterate, I do not think any of our FCS teams could come close to beating these modern era teams, but maybe an occasional upset on a blocked kick....
The Appalachian State

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Man, the MAC sucks and most of CUSA does too....I know the SunBelt doesn’t have the sexy footprint but we are a much better football conference!

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:52 pm

I watched us leave a sexy footprint on the throat of MTSU last Saturday!! ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”