Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Idea

Appmanrcb
School: Appalachian State

Idea

Unread post by Appmanrcb » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Not sure the logistics / compliance requirements but if someone could point me in the right direction let me know. Saw a tweet from Duck about how he hates having to tell kids no when they ask for a glove after a game. I’m sure Nike sends us x amount and they have to be rationed to last the season. Is there anything that prohibits people from getting together and buying something, sending it to the school and having the players give it out to the young kinds that line the walk? Just a thought. Any and all input is welcome.

AppAlum1

Re: Idea

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Appmanrcb wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:14 pm
Not sure the logistics / compliance requirements but if someone could point me in the right direction let me know. Saw a tweet from Duck about how he hates having to tell kids no when they ask for a glove after a game. I’m sure Nike sends us x amount and they have to be rationed to last the season. Is there anything that prohibits people from getting together and buying something, sending it to the school and having the players give it out to the young kinds that line the walk? Just a thought. Any and all input is welcome.
Well, I think I understand the rule, but that's just not right. This must be a new rule, relatively speaking.

Back in 2002, after the miracle on the mountain play, that we all know and love, my boys (then 9 & 11) spoke to Derrick Black, and he gave them his gloves. Too cool! Best part, they shared; one took the right & the other the left. Those gloves were worn religiously any time there was football in the yard, right up until the dog ate them about a year later.

It is a pity such rules prohibit others from having such a delightful time.

Further, if you think about it, that is one STOOPID rule. The player is not accepting a gift, he is giving a gift. He did not sell them. Now that I have thought about this one, I move said rule against giving away gloves after football games be repealed. Awaiting a second.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Appmanrcb wrote:
could some sort of fund not be set up, similar to what was done with the S&C equipment where funds are earmarked specifically for that?
However, while it is cool to be able to do that for kids, a much better thing for the school, players, and fans is, if you have extra money available to give, give it to the yosef club. All that money trickles down and would benefit the program in many more ways than players being able to hand out gloves to every kid that wants one

Appmanrcb

Unread post by Appmanrcb » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:42 pm

The Rock wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:34 pm
Appmanrcb wrote:
could some sort of fund not be set up, similar to what was done with the S&C equipment where funds are earmarked specifically for that?
However, while it is cool to be able to do that for kids, a much better thing for the school, players, and fans is, if you have extra money available to give, give it to the yosef club. All that money trickles down and would benefit the program in many more ways than players being able to hand out gloves to every kid that wants one
I did, I upped mine 10% and committed to that level for the next five years. I agree with what you are saying as well.

It doesn’t have to be gloves I’m just thinking outside the box for something fun for the kids. I remember in hs they had little plastic footballs they would throw out, Hell I have about 7 of them still. Some of the young kids that attend the games look up to these young men as more than just student athletes. It never hurts to start building the next generation of App fans!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Send the idea to the AD. He will get it.

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:59 pm

I had a ton of those rubber footballs from when I went to the games as a kid. A T-shirt cannon would be a fun idea too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”