Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Other Potential Bowl Games

kornegaylw
School: Appalachian State

Other Potential Bowl Games

Unread post by kornegaylw » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:34 pm

The New Orleans, Camellia & Mobile Bowls are great. I'm sure the Cure Bowl is great as well but if we continue to rise like we have we will out grow our competition in these games very quickly. I'd prefer to see us play equal competition on a bigger stage. Obviously a NY6 bowl would be fantastic but so much has to come together for that to happen that I think other bowls could and should be considered if we continue to rise. Here's a few that I think would be great games if conference tie ins could be adjusted. What do you think?

1. The Birmingham Bowl - Probably the most likely to see
2. Independence Bowl - The New Orleans Bowl is better but this would match us up against an ACC school.
3. The Belk Bowl - For obvious reasons
4. The Music City Bowl - Same obvious reasons
5. The Peach Bowl - Moonshot but probably easier to get than a NY6

EastHallApp

Re: Other Potential Bowl Games

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:41 pm

Peach Bowl IS a NY6.

Belk and Music City would be nice, but what incentive do they have to forego their current P5 vs P5 tie-ins?

More feasible and appealing IMO is a deal among all the G5 leagues so that four champions who don’t go to NY6 would play each other in two games that could rotate among a few destination cities (New Orleans, Las Vegas, Orlando, etc.).

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:03 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:41 pm
Peach Bowl IS a NY6.

Belk and Music City would be nice, but what incentive do they have to forego their current P5 vs P5 tie-ins?

More feasible and appealing IMO is a deal among all the G5 leagues so that four champions who don’t go to NY6 would play each other in two games that could rotate among a few destination cities (New Orleans, Las Vegas, Orlando, etc.).
1000% agree with you. I would rather see best on best than MWC champ vs a 5 loss Pac 12 team.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Don't know who's idea this is but it is the best alternative to playoff expansion I have heard yet. Best on best bowls would be big draws for the bowl as well. Get the word out on this.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:07 pm

I’ve pondered the idea of matching up the four remaining G5 champs and think it’s a winner. Perhaps the afternoon of the two BCS playoff games. In Florida.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:57 pm

In addition to conference champs vs. conference champs, I’d like to see them go on down the line. Conference #2s vs each other and on and on. We could really see how the conferences stack up, but then you run into matchups between two teams geographically very far apart, or both with small fan bases, which would mean the bowls make a lot less money, which is the whole point of bowls.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:16 pm

The "other" bowls which we are in aren't that well attended to start with. IMHO even match ups would help attendance at some maybe not all bowls. And it would for sure show who has the stronger conference. Since we moved up the Sunbelt has gained strength as well. I believe the Sunbelt is #2 G5 conference mabe even #1 this year. AAC only has UCF this year. MW may have stronger record this year.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:38 pm

I love the idea of matching the conference champs in the G5.

in the current format, if we don't go higher, I don't mind playing in the Superdome every year. After a November of Boone games, the weather sure was nice in the dome and it's a great place to celebrate a win.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”