Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Mo Bamba at ball games

ASU3432Mi
School: Appalachian State

Re: Mo Bamba at ball games

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Will the football team be honored at a home basketball game this winter? If so which game?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:29 pm

8993 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:45 pm
NoLongerLurking wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:23 pm
Night Ya'll. i'll be thoughts and prayering you lot to change your tastes in audible entertainment. Good night. Slizeep tizzitght.
Just because it isn't your style of music doesn't mean it isn't somebody else's. "Audible entertainment" is subjective and that's the way it should be. Nobody's taste in music should be criticized. I tend to think the Dead is overrated and that's my opinion, just as it seems to be yours that you like them and that's fine, too. Thanks for giving us a look inside your playlist, though.
Calling women whores, using the f word, and using the word nigg*h has nothing to do with taste. It's disrespectful to women (of which thousands of wives, girl friends, and mothers are in the stands), racist, etc. It's low class, vulgar, etc. and has no place at an Apppalachian college athletic event. If this is what it takes to motivate our players to win, I would rather us lose.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:43 pm

appfan1991 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:05 pm
I've heard others on this board and BGP talking about Mo Bamba lyrics. Here they are - see if they make you proud - see if these are words you want blaring out of the jumbo scoreboard speakers - see if these are words you want your 5 year old singing to their friends after hearing them at our game. If this board will not post them then they have no business being played at our games.

With as much emphasis as our university is currently placing on words - like "freshman" - I do not understand why they allow the degrading words of this song to be played at our sporting events(was played multiple times during the championship game and not censored). We're better that this. You can fill in the blanks (hope I got them all).

16yrold
_itch
Daytrip took it to ten
I got hoes calling a young _igga phone
Where's Ali with the mother_ucking dope? (_itch, _itch)
I be ballin' like a mo'_uckin' pro (like a, huh, like a, huh)
I be ballin' like my _igga Mo (Bamba, _itch)
Sheck Wes, I ain't a mo'_uckin' joke (haha, hahahahaha)
Steph Wes stay with the _uckin' pole (pa, pa, pa-pa)
You _uck around and get poled (you get poled, _itch)
'Cause I got hoes (so many _ucking hoes)
Callin' a young _igga phone
(Ring-ring, ring, ring-ring, ring, ring-ring)
Where's Ali with the (_itch with the) mo'_uckin' dope? (huh)
I be ballin' like a mo'_uckin' pro (like a mo'_uckin' pro)
I be ballin' like my _igga Mo (Bamba, Bamba)
Sheck Wes got so many flows (I do it all)
Call me Drake how a _igga controlla
Oh! _uck!…

Unread post by 8993 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:59 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:29 pm
8993 wrote:
NoLongerLurking wrote:
Night Ya'll. i'll be thoughts and prayering you lot to change your tastes in audible entertainment. Good night. Slizeep tizzitght.
Just because it isn't your style of music doesn't mean it isn't somebody else's. "Audible entertainment" is subjective and that's the way it should be. Nobody's taste in music should be criticized. I tend to think the Dead is overrated and that's my opinion, just as it seems to be yours that you like them and that's fine, too. Thanks for giving us a look inside your playlist, though.
Calling women whores, using the f word, and using the word nigg*h has nothing to do with taste. It's disrespectful to women (of which thousands of wives, girl friends, and mothers are in the stands), racist, etc. It's low class, vulgar, etc. and has no place at an Apppalachian college athletic event. If this is what it takes to motivate our players to win, I would rather us lose.
Why don't you go write a letter or email to somebody about it, then?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:46 pm

8993 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:59 pm
NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:29 pm
8993 wrote:
NoLongerLurking wrote:
Why don't you go write a letter or email to somebody about it, then?

This forum is good enough.
Google SUX

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:28 pm

ArsenalDeac wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:49 pm
I bet the Venn diagram of people who don't want this song played and people who think it's a crime to kneel for the anthem is a perfect circle.
It's not a crime to kneel during the anthem nor to play mo bamba right afterwards. But kneeling shows blatant disrespect to the people in the stands and all who serve and have served our country, disrespect to those who died serving our country, disrespect to those who dared to stand up to the king. And they all have helped provide a place in the world that allows us the freedom to be as stupid as we desire to be. Those kneeling or blasting mo bamba have every right to do so. Just as you have the right to jump off the swinging bridge but just because you can should you?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:12 pm

1ASU78 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:28 pm
ArsenalDeac wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:49 pm
I bet the Venn diagram of people who don't want this song played and people who think it's a crime to kneel for the anthem is a perfect circle.
It's not a crime to kneel during the anthem nor to play mo bamba right afterwards. But kneeling shows blatant disrespect to the people in the stands and all who serve and have served our country, disrespect to those who died serving our country, disrespect to those who dared to stand up to the king. And they all have helped provide a place in the world that allows us the freedom to be as stupid as we desire to be. Those kneeling or blasting mo bamba have every right to do so. Just as you have the right to jump off the swinging bridge but just because you can should you?
Thumbs up, 1ASU78.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”