Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Tailgating in Raley

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

Tailgating in Raley

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:17 am

1. Will spots be available?

2. What's the donation level to park in Raley?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

DaphneUrquhart

Re: Tailgating in Raley

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:53 am

It's very likely that spots in Raley will be available. Donation level for Raley has been $1,500. The plans are to have as little disruption do the non Stadium Lots as possible - including donation level.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:47 am

Daphne any clue in Justice and CAP spaces will be impacted?

They have two options the way I see it.

1. Displace stadium Parkers (highest donors) for one season finding options to shuttle them in.

OR

2. Move every donor down a lot, and shuttling in Prior deck Parkers.

As with anything communication for short term and long term plans will be critical.

They should leave the student tailgate areas in tact either one they choose though.

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:58 am

I talked to Brian Tracy before the Coastal game and he said it all depends on timing as to where the stadium lot people will park. They hope to have the parking deck finished in time for next season. Also, if they can get the new softball and tennis facilities open at the old high school they can park people at the old field and courts.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:38 pm

appbanker wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:58 am
I talked to Brian Tracy before the Coastal game and he said it all depends on timing as to where the stadium lot people will park. They hope to have the parking deck finished in time for next season. Also, if they can get the new softball and tennis facilities open at the old high school they can park people at the old field and courts.
Seems like some of these issues should have been figured out BEFORE the decision to proceed with the project was made...

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:42 pm

From what I understand the University didn’t have much discussion with the athletic department regarding any ramifications before committing to this project. They went ahead on their own.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:42 pm

The plan now is to provide as little disruption as possible in non-stadium lots. If the 105 property can be developed quickly enough to allow tennis and softball to move to 105, we can snag some additional parking from the tennis courts behind the athletic center. Much of the plan now depends on the completion of the new deck as well. As with all construction projects, there's only so much control that anyone at the university has over progress / completion.

There will be plenty of communication on "the plan" as that plan is certain rather than educated speculation. For now, I'd lean towards stadium folks parking in the new deck, Bowie / Eggers surface lot, and spaces behind the athletic center and all others staying put. Of course, all of that depends on weather and other construction niceties.

#GiveYosef

Appmanrcb

Unread post by Appmanrcb » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:40 pm

Personally I do not want to park in a parking deck in stadium or anywhere else. I bumped my donation from the rivers street level, to stadium a few years back and have increased it again. Daphne, are they planning on asking if people prefer the deck or surface lots, or is it just gonna be based on donation or luck of the draw??

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Appmanrcb wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:40 pm
Personally I do not want to park in a parking deck in stadium or anywhere else. I bumped my donation from the rivers street level, to stadium a few years back and have increased it again. Daphne, are they planning on asking if people prefer the deck or surface lots, or is it just gonna be based on donation or luck of the draw??
My understanding is that they're going to ask donors (in order of donation level) where they prefer to park during the interim / construction. I believe that would include surface parking in Duncan where spaces are available, though I'm not sure.

Once the whole project is done, we'll actually have more spaces than we do now. We've just got to be patient for a couple of seasons. Now more than ever, our Yosef donations are going to be critical. Thanks for being part of Yosef!

#GiveYosef

APEXAPP89

Unread post by APEXAPP89 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:33 pm

I’m pretty sure your Yosef Club points are going to come into play. That’s why it’s so important to start giving early and continue each yr. I hope YC donors understand this is much needed face lift to out dated dorms. Hurts our recruiting. So whatever happens next yr, we all need to breathe and remember big picture. It’s part of growth/success. Remember the real reason we donate.........if you’re thinking “what’s in it for me?” Then you’ve lost sight of why we support our beloved university! Just my 2 cents.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:03 pm

I emailed them about this same thing. This is our first year where our donation level will get us numbered parking, so I wanted to request certain lots to be in and ones not to be placed in (even if the $$ level qualifies for it). There's a place to make a request for parking on your Neulion Yosef account page. The email I got back said they'd start evaluating requests in April.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”