Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Disrespect

DCAppAlum
School: Appalachian State

Disrespect

Unread post by DCAppAlum » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:23 pm

Seems like this ESPN coaching change tracker is missing something...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ng-changes

appstatealum

Re: Disrespect

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:27 pm

To their credit, it says look at the teams who "decided to change". It was not our choice to change, and we might be better for it.....
The Appalachian State

DCAppAlum

Unread post by DCAppAlum » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:29 pm

Ahh you’re right. Nothing to see here (hopefully for a very long time).

MountaineerMafia

Unread post by MountaineerMafia » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:30 pm

I caught the wording too but then they have Ohio State, Miami, GT, and K State listed...

None of those were firings. All retirements. So I believe DCApp is right, we should be on the list.
“I never lie to any man because I don’t fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid” ~ John Gotti

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:57 pm

ESPN also sucks on their default groups available on their College Pick 'Em games. They have almost all of the FBS schools/teams listed to join their groups for the straight and confidence games, but they still have not added Appalachian State yet as a choice. They have not added Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, or Georgia State either. All of the other Sunbelt schools are on there. Some of us have created our own groups with App State in the group names, but it is not the same and they are not as easy to find/select. Come on ESPN, get with it.

http://fantasy.espn.com/college-footbal ... /groupfind
Give Em Hell!!

MountaineerMafia

Unread post by MountaineerMafia » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:07 pm

87ASUgrad wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:57 pm
ESPN also sucks on their default groups available on their College Pick 'Em games. They have almost all of the FBS schools/teams listed to join their groups for the straight and confidence games, but they still have not added Appalachian State yet as a choice. They have not added Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, or Georgia State either. All of the other Sunbelt schools are on there. Some of us have created our own groups with App State in the group names, but it is not the same and they are not as easy to find/select. Come on ESPN, get with it.

http://fantasy.espn.com/college-footbal ... /groupfind
I noticed that this year too and it pissed me off.
“I never lie to any man because I don’t fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid” ~ John Gotti

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:13 pm

MountaineerMafia wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:30 pm
I caught the wording too but then they have Ohio State, Miami, GT, and K State listed...

None of those were firings. All retirements. So I believe DCApp is right, we should be on the list.
I think all four of those are seen as “retirements”.

MountaineerMafia

Unread post by MountaineerMafia » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:17 am

appchicago wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:13 pm
MountaineerMafia wrote:

Yea, that's what I mentioned in the 2nd line of my comment. I think ESPN just flat out missed us for this list.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:12 am

MountaineerMafia wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:17 am
appchicago wrote:
MountaineerMafia wrote:

Yea, that's what I mentioned in the 2nd line of my comment. I think ESPN just flat out missed us for this list.
My emphasis was on the quotation marks. They may not have been fired, but they were certainly feeling pressure.

MountaineerMafia

Unread post by MountaineerMafia » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:18 pm

appchicago wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:12 am
MountaineerMafia wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:17 am
appchicago wrote:
MountaineerMafia wrote:

My emphasis was on the quotation marks. They may not have been fired, but they were certainly feeling pressure.
Regardless of any possible misunderstanding a quote, App should be on the list and we aren't. Like UCF, we will just have to give them no other choice but to notice us!

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:11 pm

Take it as disrespect if you want, but I’ll also point out that the article came out 12/10, before Drinkwitz was named and therefore before they had anything to report. I’d imagine that’s the real reason we don’t appear. They listed Texas State for cryin out loud. Do you think Texas State is more respected in the national press than we are?

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:18 pm

I think they just missed us. That article was out around the same time Satterfield left, but I think like with Sat announcing he was going to Louisville, it happened on the same day Meyer said he was retiring and that pretty much sucked anything else out of the newscycle for the rest of the week, because ESPN can't not stop talking about the Buckeyes.

MountaineerMafia

Unread post by MountaineerMafia » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:25 pm

appchicago wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:11 pm
Take it as disrespect if you want, but I’ll also point out that the article came out 12/10, before Drinkwitz was named and therefore before they had anything to report. I’d imagine that’s the real reason we don’t appear. They listed Texas State for cryin out loud. Do you think Texas State is more respected in the national press than we are?
They have 'TBD' by the teams without coaches yet. They could have listed us and had that until Drink was named. I'm not heartbroken or totally disrespected but look, we are on the national stage as much or more so than other teams on this list. We should be on it, bottomline.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 pm

Hey, you got my vote. It’s a half-@$$ed article. There are better coaching carousel articles out there, and we’re in those.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”