Drink on Mac Attack

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4426
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 370 times
Been thanked: 1409 times

Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:17 am




Apptrain
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:59 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by Apptrain » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 am

Gonzo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:17 am
https://wfnz.radio.com/blogs/mac-attack ... conference

Audio link at the bottom
I’m excited. This guy is intelligent and it shows in how he talks. Precise and to the point without the uhs and pauses. We may see an offense like we haven’t seen before which will hopefully more than make up for any defensive woes.



kornegaylw
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:04 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:35 am

At first I was not excited about Drink, simply b/c he was the NCSU OC and I'd watched that offense sputter against WF and Syracuse and seen way too many jet sweeps on 3rd and short...but I knew nothing else about him. After learning about his history, listening to his interviews and giving it a second thought I'm very excited as well. Given the talent he has to work with I think we are going to see some great stuff on offense next year.

So long as Roof is more of a mentor to the other Def coaches and a steward of the program I think the D will be in great shape as well.



ASU84
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Welcome, NC
Has thanked: 778 times
Been thanked: 85 times
Contact:

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by ASU84 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:49 am

I am looking forward to this football season and I for one plan to be at the Spring game.



ericsaid
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:07 am

ASU84 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:49 am
I am looking forward to this football season and I for one plan to be at the Spring game.
I expect there to be great excitement for that. Ironic considering that Scott left and people were down but this is definitely an exciting time.



User avatar
NattyBumppo'sRevenge
Posts: 1221
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:55 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte, NC
Has thanked: 430 times
Been thanked: 534 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:35 am
At first I was not excited about Drink, simply b/c he was the NCSU OC and I'd watched that offense sputter against WF and Syracuse and seen way too many jet sweeps on 3rd and short...but I knew nothing else about him. After learning about his history, listening to his interviews and giving it a second thought I'm very excited as well. Given the talent he has to work with I think we are going to see some great stuff on offense next year.

So long as Roof is more of a mentor to the other Def coaches and a steward of the program I think the D will be in great shape as well.
Agreed on the Wake game and most of your other points, but they put up 41 against Syracuse, which was the 3rd most against them all season. If that's sputtering, then I hope he gets us to sputter!



User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4426
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 370 times
Been thanked: 1409 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 am

Drink is going to bring us two things this year that we couldn't have under Satterfield: a Spring game and a P5 win.



Yosef10
Posts: 1139
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by Yosef10 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:32 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 am
kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:35 am
At first I was not excited about Drink, simply b/c he was the NCSU OC and I'd watched that offense sputter against WF and Syracuse and seen way too many jet sweeps on 3rd and short...but I knew nothing else about him. After learning about his history, listening to his interviews and giving it a second thought I'm very excited as well. Given the talent he has to work with I think we are going to see some great stuff on offense next year.

So long as Roof is more of a mentor to the other Def coaches and a steward of the program I think the D will be in great shape as well.
Agreed on the Wake game and most of your other points, but they put up 41 against Syracuse, which was the 3rd most against them all season. If that's sputtering, then I hope he gets us to sputter!
Yeah i was confused about the Syracuse comment as well lol. And as ugly at the NCSU loss to Wake was, I’m not putting the 150 drops by NCSU WR’s that night at Drinks feet. They simply catch the ball and they win that game running away.



appstate77
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:49 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Little River, South Carolina
Has thanked: 724 times
Been thanked: 436 times
Contact:

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by appstate77 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:45 am

He also did a sales pitch for season tickets. I'll DRINK to this guy!



AppinATL
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:10 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Duluth, GA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 406 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by AppinATL » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 am

Gonzo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 am
Drink is going to bring us two things this year that we couldn't have under Satterfield: a Spring game and a P5 win.
And hopefully a third: more exciting third quarters?!



Apptrain
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:59 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by Apptrain » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 am

Speaking of sales pitches. Our players need to do what Clemson’s player did after the big win on national tv. Sell our program to kids out there. We don’t get many opportunities for our players to speak to a national audience, but when we do that would be awesome.



User avatar
appaneer1984
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:21 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Cary, NC
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by appaneer1984 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:09 pm

Good interview, wish the radio host(s) hadn't brought up NCSU, Drink is the App coach now and we should all be focusing on the exciting things he's bringing up the Mountain


I just come for what peace I can find | The spirit ever lingers in a song | And the mountain's gonna sing this song for me |Rock me off to sleep

Yosef10
Posts: 1139
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by Yosef10 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:14 pm

appaneer1984 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:09 pm
Good interview, wish the radio host(s) hadn't brought up NCSU, Drink is the App coach now and we should all be focusing on the exciting things he's bringing up the Mountain
I get what you’re saying, but that’s just as much a sales pitch as anything else. You don’t think the fact that 2 WRs, a QB, and an OL getting drafted from Drinks offense is a huge selling point to kids? Especially with the guys with offers from low P5’s. I happen to think that is part of what will separate us from the rest of the SBC in recruiting.



User avatar
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 2:05 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Stephens City, VA
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 694 times
Contact:

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:23 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 am
Drink is going to bring us two things this year that we couldn't have under Satterfield: a Spring game and a P5 win.
I'll drink to that


Twitter: @AST_ThomasLong

The Rock
Posts: 1038
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 405 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:07 pm

It seems like Drink is really making an effort to get out to a lot of the other sports’ outings as well. I know he has been to basketball games and I think he was at a wrestling match earlier this week.
Good to see him supporting other sports and getting out in the community too.



bigdaddyg
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 555 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:36 pm

I hesitate to say this because inveriably someone will knee jerk react but personally I’m am one who is looking for more offense. When I say more I mean boat race opponents type offense. I mean like occasionally hanging 50 on a good opponent. I mean not simply running up the middle for the last quarter and a half and be content with a 10 point win. We are loaded with weapons. Let them loose.



AppStFan1
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 am
Drink is going to bring us two things this year that we couldn't have under Satterfield: a Spring game and a P5 win.
I agree and believe that in a couple years from now folks will realize Satt was real conservative. He will be considered a good coach that we appreciate but folks will finally acknowledge that we could have been better under him.



User avatar
Yosef
Site Admin
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:31 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by Yosef » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm

Stay may be more conservative, but I think his conservative play is exactly why we won as many as we have. Not saying I don’t mind the higher octane offenses with risk, just saying our defense has been as good as they are because they aren’t on the field all night with a fast scoring offense.



User avatar
HighPointApp
Posts: 3077
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:15 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 636 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by HighPointApp » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 pm

At one point during the Clemson/Alabama game, Alabama had almost double (I think) time of possession (TOP) but Clemson was up by 2-3 touchdowns. I don't know if that was a fluke game for TOP but the stat caught my eye.


Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

The Rock
Posts: 1038
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 405 times

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm

Yosef wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm
Stay may be more conservative, but I think his conservative play is exactly why we won as many as we have. Not saying I don’t mind the higher octane offenses with risk, just saying our defense has been as good as they are because they aren’t on the field all night with a fast scoring offense.
Thats true at times, but often we put the D back on the field too quickly by going 3 and out running conservative plays. Satt relied on the D to close out games, and it almost always did except for Troy 2 years ago, but we put too much pressure on D at times by not going for the kill.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online