Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Drink on Mac Attack

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: Drink on Mac Attack

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:11 am

NavyApp wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:55 am
AppinVA wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:26 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:41 pm
Appster99 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:27 pm
Anybody else fear that Dorsey will have the shortest tenure of this talent pool of coaches? Genuinely asking, will recruits recognize he is "destined for bigger things than App" and that fact not help us in recruiting as much as having him should? It would be hard for me to look a kid in the eye and tell him I want to mentor him into greatness when realistically I may only be here for a short time.
I think you're over thinking things. These kids know coaches come and go. But I'd also not be surprised if a rival tried to use that against us. That's the nature of recruiting.
Let a rival coach tell a recruit that Dorsey’s so much better than he is that in a few years Dorsey will be gone, and said coach will still be there. A smart recruit will realize both will likely be gone. One to greater places, and the other to some high school as a PE teacher in South Georgia.
I feel as if you are referring to a specific Coach. Even if you weren't; the seed has been planted in my brain and I can't stop laughing.
Nobody specific, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

FTE_rawr

Unread post by FTE_rawr » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:37 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Do you ever wonder about some of the people who come on this board with seemingly App allegiances? They ask questions -- on an open forum read by all of our players and recruits -- that are bound to raise the anxiety level of our players and recruits. Sometimes I wonder which team these people are really pulling for?
Keep in mind that our players, coaches, and recruits can read ANYTHING said about them on the internet, whether its here, CSNbbs, ASM, Reddit, Twitter, or anywhere else. Not saying that there's anything wrong with our coaching hires here, but assuming that anybody that questions any decision made by the administration here isn't a true fan is just silly.

I stick to the neutral boards myself (no offense, but I care more about how we look to the world of CFB than how we look to the people that went here), but you don't have to agree with every decision DG makes to be a fan of App State football.
---------------------------------------------
Class of '19

Mainly a reddit user, skimming message boards for App News.

Come talk at /r/CFB and /r/sunbelt

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:46 pm

diehardapp18 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:22 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 am
Drink is going to bring us two things this year that we couldn't have under Satterfield: a Spring game and a P5 win.
I agree and believe that in a couple years from now folks will realize Satt was real conservative. He will be considered a good coach that we appreciate but folks will finally acknowledge that we could have been better under him.
Satterfield is a slightly better Ron Rivera. Ron RIvera is terrible at coaching. Satterfield was great at a lot of things, but his conservatism was really going to come back to bite us at some point.
And he got that from Jerry Moore. We almost lost Michigan because of it and I felt we changed playcalling against Troy and let them stick around for four quarters instead of putting them away in the middle of the third quarter. Hope Drink does not do this. I would like to see us be very aggressive and have our backups in during the 4th quarter most weeks.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:52 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:11 am
NavyApp wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:55 am
AppinVA wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:26 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:41 pm
Appster99 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:27 pm
Anybody else fear that Dorsey will have the shortest tenure of this talent pool of coaches? Genuinely asking, will recruits recognize he is "destined for bigger things than App" and that fact not help us in recruiting as much as having him should? It would be hard for me to look a kid in the eye and tell him I want to mentor him into greatness when realistically I may only be here for a short time.
I think you're over thinking things. These kids know coaches come and go. But I'd also not be surprised if a rival tried to use that against us. That's the nature of recruiting.
Let a rival coach tell a recruit that Dorsey’s so much better than he is that in a few years Dorsey will be gone, and said coach will still be there. A smart recruit will realize both will likely be gone. One to greater places, and the other to some high school as a PE teacher in South Georgia.
I feel as if you are referring to a specific Coach. Even if you weren't; the seed has been planted in my brain and I can't stop laughing.
Nobody specific, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
We have a former alumni who coaches in the SBC and told players that about Satt 2 years ago.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 pm

So what? That CFB recruiting. It's cutthroat EVERYWHERE YOU GO.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:29 pm

Satterfield with a two-score lead was a sure bet to win. He closed the play book and shortened the games. It wasn't sexy, but it won games.

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:43 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:29 pm
Satterfield with a two-score lead was a sure bet to win. He closed the play book and shortened the games. It wasn't sexy, but it won games.
Interesting perspective. I guess when you have a defense like we had this year, 2 scores is comfortable. I remember not so long ago when only being up 2 scores made you (in general terms, not you specifically) nervous. I'm sure Penn St. may have felt a little comfort in the third quarter.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:38 am

If one didn't know better you'd think we were moving on from a coach who was barely .500 in his career. I'm excited about what Drink can do but at this point he's not coached his first game.

Don't know about the rest of you folks but I've enjoyed the last 4 seasons. That's not to say we can't improve on what we've accomplished but there's certainly no guarantee. Yes, he's off to a positive start with his staff but let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have at least 4 tough road games next year. There is little margin for error if we are to duplicate this season's record. Yes, there's reason to be optimistic but I'm tempering expectations until I see results on the field.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:28 pm

It is a shame we have had to suffer through our last two head coaches. They had so many shortcomings.

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:34 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:28 pm
It is a shame we have had to suffer through our last two head coaches. They had so many shortcomings.
I'm just glad we haven't had to suffer like that with MBB. Wait....

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 am

I can understand what people are saying about Coach Satterfield but I think he was fully capable of being aggressive when it was called for and then shortening the game when that made sense. No coach will ever please everyone. If he had been super aggressive and run up scores, someone would complain about him not substituting enough, or risking injury of our players by keeping them in, or showing our hand and making it easy for opponents to plan for us. It will always be something.

Fans should appreciate the position in which Coach Satterfield left the App program. We have momentum, a full cupboard of athletes and nothing to really complain about. The future looks bright!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”