Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Good Recognition

Yosef84

Re: Good Recognition

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:43 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:39 pm
No team ever got a trophy for recruiting rankings.
Tell that to Alabama and App while in FCS. Tell that to NDSU and JMU in FCS. There is a positive correlation between recruiting rankings and performance rankings. App just doesn't conform to it. Obviously rankings are subjective and there isn't a variable for Program Fit, Scheme Fit, or retroactively grading recruits based on actual performance.
I would suggest that there is definitely a positive correlation between the quality of recruiting classes and performance rankings, but the current system of rating quality is seriously flawed and does not reflect quality. I think that's true for most of the G5 and FCS also.

ericsaid
School: Appalachian State

Re: Good Recognition

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:11 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:43 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:39 pm
No team ever got a trophy for recruiting rankings.
Tell that to Alabama and App while in FCS. Tell that to NDSU and JMU in FCS. There is a positive correlation between recruiting rankings and performance rankings. App just doesn't conform to it. Obviously rankings are subjective and there isn't a variable for Program Fit, Scheme Fit, or retroactively grading recruits based on actual performance.
I would suggest that there is definitely a positive correlation between the quality of recruiting classes and performance rankings, but the current system of rating quality is seriously flawed and does not reflect quality. I think that's true for most of the G5 and FCS also.
The post you are responding to was primarily to point out that recruiting rankings do have some relevance. It's obviously easier to rate recruits on either end of the spectrum. It's where the middle 66% come in where things get muddy. You don't know how guys will mature physically, emotionally, and you don't gauge their fit within a program.

History tells us that Zac will have a record breaking season in 2019, barring injury, due to Drink's history with QB's (look at the stats of each QB). History would also suggest that we probably get Jalen Virgil more involved because if he can learn to run routes, he will open up the offense like no other player on the roster can.

2019 is going to be the year of the offense. Lets just hope that the defense maintains it's aggressive nature and Ted "Leaky Secondary" Roof doesn't force the DB's to play 10 yards off the LoS no matter the situation. Attack in all facets, don't let up, don't give in.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”