Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Junior Adams

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Junior Adams

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:50 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:28 am
app97 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:10 pm
And this is the guy we supposedly waited on for his “background check” to clear?
Washington's background check was much quicker. Is Senior Adams available?
Washington's background check took about a week as well.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:52 am

He was one of the only hires that did not really have any former experience recruiting the South either. It makes sense for him and us that he returns to the left coast. Would have been happy with him, can’t say that I am unhappy without him.
The Appalachian State

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:28 am

"Commitments" don't mean much these days.A sign of the times , oh well....

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:28 pm

89gradX2 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:53 pm
And how do we expect the student/athletes to act differently? Transfers, flip commitments, declare too early for the draft....Something is wrong here!
I'm not sure but Duck likely could've graduated in the Fall or this Spring considering he was an early enrollee and had been in Boone for summers. Flip commitments happen, transfers happen for every program.

Not sure what you're getting at.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:43 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:50 am
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:28 am
app97 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:10 pm
And this is the guy we supposedly waited on for his “background check” to clear?
Washington's background check was much quicker. Is Senior Adams available?
Washington's background check took about a week as well.
Perhaps my perception was off, because it seemed like years to me, :lol:

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:07 pm

It's frustrating to have a coach leave before he's even had time to warm up his seat cushion but I honestly can't blame the man for taking a job that probably doubles his salary (or more). Painting these guys as villains is ridiculous. I think some of the romantic recollections of the good old days when people were loyal are a bit revisionist as well. While it's true that people used to "job hop" a lot less than they do today, the "loyalty" went in both directions. Companies used to value long term employees and fund nice pension plans to take care of them into their old age. Today the system is set up to almost force people to change companies in order to advance. Caps are put on internal promotions and typical raises are 2 or 3 percent. NOTHING is like it once was!

Don't kid yourself, folks. Athletics is more cut throat that corporate America when it comes to firing. Average performance won't get it done at most programs. It's a high pressure, highly competitive environment. How can you blame a guy for taking the open shot? There's no guarantee that the shot will come again. If you were his Dad, and he told you that he could double his pay....can you honestly say you'd tell him to stay where he is? Would your advice be the same if his current job were Georgia Southern or Georgia State?

Hate that it didn't work out but Good luck, Coach Adams. Next man up!

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:43 pm

I don't blame Coach Adams for following the money to P5. Face it, most of these position coaches are like nomads shifting from place to place at no fault of their own. Every time there is a Head Coach or Coordinator change, lots of these guys get changed out. It is a very tough way to make a living or have any real stability unless you reach Head Coach status and even then you are one bad season from replacement. You have to move pretty far up the food chain to make substantial money too.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:18 pm

Buyout for Junior?

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:27 pm

I don’t blame him if $ are his main motivation. It was more my motivation at a younger age, but as I’ve aged I found $ not always enough to make a move for. I could make probably 25% more money tomorrow if I was willing to put up with all the negative affects on my personal life. Twenty years ago I job hopped for $ just to find out for me other things mattered more. But that’s me. I’m happy for him if it’s what floats his boat. Maybe it is also getting him closer to home. Thought someone said he is from the left coast.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:38 pm

If you’re from the left coast, are you a Yankee?

mgsouth

Unread post by mgsouth » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:30 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:02 pm
Speaks to his character.
Exactly! I guess I am just old school but I believe in keeping my word and honoring commitments that I make to other people. I was raised that way. I believe other people outside myself and my family are important too. I believe there are more important things in life than dollar bills and the things they buy. One thing that is more important is a man's reputation and good name. This quick move may put more dollars in Junior's bank account but it doesn't do anything good for his rep. And no, he doesn't have to do this to adequately provide for his and his family's future either. So spare me that argument. Anyone with an ounce of financial common sense could provide very well for self and family's future on the salary an assistant ASU coach makes. After all, they make far more than most of us make on our jobs in a year. But, in the end, its all about self and getting more for self.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”