Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Zac Thomas voted best QB in SBC for 2019

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

Re: Zac Thomas voted best QB in SBC for 2019

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 pm

I believe the only thing we will need from whomever our starting quarterback is next season will be "Hand to Peoples left or Hand to Peoples right". THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!! TWO PLAYS.

APP........STATE......APP.........STATE.......APP........STATE!!!!!!!!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:19 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:43 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:49 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:41 pm
AEB4AE wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:03 pm
love Thomas but a little hyperbole to compare his athleticism to Edwards!!!
AE was/is a great athlete, but does he put up those numbers against the competition that ZT faces today? Furthermore, not knowing what we know, would AE be offered a scholly at QB today?
Edwards was a generational QB for App. Two national championships, beat Michigan, played on a team, though he didn't play in the game, who almost beat the C-USA champions in 2009. If Armanti had played in that game App would've won. Yes, AE would put up similar numbers in 2018 and 2019 as he did in the FCS. Maybe not exactly the same but in all likelihood App wouldve been in a similar position in 2007 in the Sun Belt as they are now.
You completely missed my point. I said not knowing what we know, would he even get a scholarship to play QB? He is woefully undersized to what we are recruiting now. And remember, he wasn’t being recruited my many teams, if any, to play QB then.
That's a valid point. Without the benefit of hindsight, I'm not sure AE would get much of a chance at QB in our current environment. Maybe he would. The coaching staff saw enough in him to give him a shot then. Maybe Drink would be open to it. I think people forget that AE did not come in with the expectations of being the starter....certainly not as a Freshman. The QB in his recruiting class who got everyone excited on signing day was Coco Hillary. AE just quietly came in and apparently impressed the staff enough to get the shot.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:54 am

What hasn’t changed much in the last 10-12 years of high school football is the size of quarterbacks. Kids the size of AE still thrive and even dominate at that level but very few are successful at the major college level. Even in the FCS AE often took a pounding and was hobbled a good bit. He was amazing and will forever be an App legend but it’s a different deal now and it’s debatable as to how he would do today. Personally I think he would still put up solid numbers but he would not last long running the way he did.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:59 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 pm
I believe the only thing we will need from whomever our starting quarterback is next season will be "Hand to Peoples left or Hand to Peoples right". THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!! TWO PLAYS.

APP........STATE......APP.........STATE.......APP........STATE!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
065E4938-8689-4BAD-9A26-7BB0BBFF2E1B.jpeg

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:04 am

Just a question for some of you folks out there in social media land. We are returning the OPOY in ZT and a 1,000 yard rusher, and quite possibly one of the most dynamic playmakers in the history of APP football. Yet all some of you can talk about is a Freshmen QB, who isn’t even on campus and a RS Freshmen with limited touches as the secret ingredients to getting us to the “next level”. Why is that? Some of you need to step away from the fence and stop admiring the green grass on the other side.

TomA415

Unread post by TomA415 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:32 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:04 am
Just a question for some of you folks out there in social media land. We are returning the OPOY in ZT and a 1,000 yard rusher, and quite possibly one of the most dynamic playmakers in the history of APP football. Yet all some of you can talk about is a Freshmen QB, who isn’t even on campus and a RS Freshmen with limited touches as the secret ingredients to getting us to the “next level”. Why is that? Some of you need to step away from the fence and stop admiring the green grass on the other side.
You can see on the last page I agree with your sentiment on Baldwin. All this talk when he’s never even set foot in Boone is a lot of hope based on nothing but a few minutes of HUDL tape and a list of other offers he had.

However with Peoples, both the coaching staff and players talked about last year how good he was in practice and how everyone thought he’s going to be the next guy. I think everyone knows how special he is and if he stays healthy and gets even bigger/faster/stronger, he’s going to be the real deal. That TD run he had in the bowl game was just ridiculous.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:52 am

TomA415 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:32 am
AppSt94 wrote:
You can see on the last page I agree with your sentiment on Baldwin. All this talk when he’s never even set foot in Boone is a lot of hope based on nothing but a few minutes of HUDL tape and a list of other offers he had.

However with Peoples, both the coaching staff and players talked about last year how good he was in practice and how everyone thought he’s going to be the next guy. I think everyone knows how special he is and if he stays healthy and gets even bigger/faster/stronger, he’s going to be the real deal. That TD run he had in the bowl game was just ridiculous.
Absolutely agree with you on both points. But some people look at the surface and don’t dig down to the roots to figure out why sometimes. And this isn’t meant to diminish the talents of either young man.

Most of Baldwin’s offers were not committal. If they were, then he would probably be there versus hear. All schools do it, we put out a lot of offers to kids that are backups to our backup plan in case we don’t get the one we wanted. All schools do it. But having said that, the coaches saw enough to make an offer in hopes to foster a relationship in hopes of making it a take offer one day.

As for Peoples, I get that the coaches loved him and there is nothing wrong with his game at all, but while that touchdown run in tha bowl showed his speed and abilities, it did come against a demoralized, tired and uninterested defense. Again, I am a glass half full guy, but I don’t stop at the first answer to a question.

TomA415

Unread post by TomA415 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:57 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:52 am
TomA415 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:32 am
AppSt94 wrote:

Absolutely agree with you on both points. But some people look at the surface and don’t dig down to the roots to figure out why sometimes. And this isn’t meant to diminish the talents of either young man.

Most of Baldwin’s offers were not committal. If they were, then he would probably be there versus hear. All schools do it, we put out a lot of offers to kids that are backups to our backup plan in case we don’t get the one we wanted. All schools do it. But having said that, the coaches saw enough to make an offer in hopes to foster a relationship in hopes of making it a take offer one day.

As for Peoples, I get that the coaches loved him and there is nothing wrong with his game at all, but while that touchdown run in tha bowl showed his speed and abilities, it did come against a demoralized, tired and uninterested defense. Again, I am a glass half full guy, but I don’t stop at the first answer to a question.
I can agree with everything there!! I’m just hoping Peoples as good as advertised and it looks like he is.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:58 am

Nothing that Peoples has shown would indicate that he wouldn’t be. But we haven’t seen him tote the rock 20 times a game yet.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:26 am

I think the answer to the question of why people are focused on discussing the new guys is that everyone is looking for the magic ingredient that makes the difference between #26 and a legit top 25 ranking....not to mention the wins against P5. Everyone looking for the increment. I firmly believe that Zac is the huge part of the equation and unless he somehow decides to spend the summer eating bonbons and gaining 30 lbs of non-productive weight, he's our man for two more years. I don't think he's likely to spend his off-season like that so I think Baldwin has some time to develop into the stud that we all believe he will be. It's a win/win. I think there will be ample opportunity for him to get legit reps before the full weight is on his shoulders.

Peoples shows signs of being the real deal at RB. I am really looking forward to seeing how our VERY talented GROUP of RBs does this coming year.

I actually believe those big OLs we signed this year are a HUGE part of the equation that everyone keeps glossing over. If they aren't doing their jobs, our QBs and RBs won't look great either! I'm hoping our red-zone offense improves...one of our few challenges this past year.

Zac is the man! Peoples is the man! Evans is the man! Sutton is the man! Hennigan is the man! Holy Cow! Looking at our roster, the whole dang thing is full of men! IT'S GREAT TO BE A MOUNTAINEER!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:57 pm

Not knowing what we know, we wouldn’t know anything. Except that we don’t know.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:03 pm

Remember this time last when we had no clue what kind of gamer The Iceman is? Remember the apprehension going into Happy Valley? Remember how he blew us away? I think we will be ok.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”