Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sports Nation: DEEP REWIND: Mich v App State

DoublySports
School: Appalachian State

Sports Nation: DEEP REWIND: Mich v App State

Unread post by DoublySports » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:49 am

I'm not sure If this was ever posted here:

But for your viewing pleasure in the offseason......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z7bfkDM7Sw

ericsaid

Re: Sports Nation: DEEP REWIND: Mich v App State

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:45 pm

People gave Lynch crap for getting run down by a kicker. No one ever made it known to App fans that the kicker was on the roster as a LB. It makes more sense now.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:04 pm

Lynch had also played the whole game on D and STs and said he was cramping as he ran down the field with the ball.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:07 pm

I always thought it was a bit petty for folks to criticize Lynch for getting run down. Kickers are athletes too and I've known several who had good speed. Mix that with what Appstate77 pointed out (Lynch had played the entire game and the kicker had fresh legs), and it doesn't seem to be a big deal to me. It's not like he got run down by a 325 lb OT or something.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:07 pm

Who cares if somebody ran him down? It's an absurd criticism.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:26 am

Wasn't the stuff about the kicker running down Lynch just good-natured ribbing that always happens when a kicker makes a play like that? Anyone who is knowledgeable about that game and the fact that we only played like 29 guys the entire game wouldn't seriously criticize the player that wasn't only a key player in shutting down the highly vaunted Michigan offense, but set up and executed the game saving field goal block. It was Lynch that called and set up the block with Touchstone as well as executed it perfectly with Touchstone doing his part tying up the blocker.
I think when you get taken down by the kicker you can expect some good-natured trash talk, but it's all in fun...

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:39 am

The story our guys told about how they switched up places on the line because of how prolific Lynch was for blocks gets lost in the mix sometimes. The little things that we did like that all game long were incredible.

My wife had some type of ladies craft party that day and I sat in our office listening to the game on the computer. They must have thought I had gone crazy when I screamed out in jubilation when we pulled it off.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:43 am

Rick83 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:26 am
Wasn't the stuff about the kicker running down Lynch just good-natured ribbing that always happens when a kicker makes a play like that? Anyone who is knowledgeable about that game and the fact that we only played like 29 guys the entire game wouldn't seriously criticize the player that wasn't only a key player in shutting down the highly vaunted Michigan offense, but set up and executed the game saving field goal block. It was Lynch that called and set up the block with Touchstone as well as executed it perfectly with Touchstone doing his part tying up the blocker.
I think when you get taken down by the kicker you can expect some good-natured trash talk, but it's all in fun...
I'm sure that most were "good natured ribbing" but I definitely read a few threads where guys got pretty adamant about the criticism. As with a lot of things on the internet, the original spirit often gets lost or twisted by a vocal few. Jerks will be jerks.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:34 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:43 am
Rick83 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:26 am
I'm sure that most were "good natured ribbing" but I definitely read a few threads where guys got pretty adamant about the criticism. As with a lot of things on the internet, the original spirit often gets lost or twisted by a vocal few. Jerks will be jerks.
Yep, unfortunately the "fringe" tends to be the loudest. Lynch, who played the entire game on defense and special teams against bigger, stronger players getting run down at the end of the game by a kicker who had only been on the field for what, 6 or 7 plays total and probably never even got hit...those jerks were complete idiots.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:36 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:07 pm
I always thought it was a bit petty for folks to criticize Lynch for getting run down. Kickers are athletes too and I've known several who had good speed. Mix that with what Appstate77 pointed out (Lynch had played the entire game and the kicker had fresh legs), and it doesn't seem to be a big deal to me. It's not like he got run down by a 325 lb OT or something.
The point was that the Kicker was a Linebacker in Kicker's clothing.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:36 pm

fjblair wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:07 pm
Who cares if somebody ran him down? It's an absurd criticism.
Because 41 - 32 looks better.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”