Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Family Season Tickets

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

Family Season Tickets

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 pm

Just a thought...wondered about "cabin" reaction.

I have four children....Football games are expensive for us all to come. I can afford it, so i am not talking about my situation.

What about a family season ticket section. where your whole immediate family is allowed in. maybe regular price for the first four but after that $10 dollar tickets. (I would be ok with free after that)

I see teacher discounts, senior citizen discounts, military discounts but I promise you all of those groups need the discount less than a couple raising three or more children.

Thanks for discussing.

NoLongerLurking

Re: Family Season Tickets

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:48 pm

There's a military discount?

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:03 am

I think that's a good idea; a discount and a section. That would encourage larger families and locate them in, what should be, more family oriented crowds. I've heard a number of folks talking about language and drunkenness being a deterrent to attending for families...sorry if I was the offending party; I'm trying to do better.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:25 am

I have a family of four, with plans to expand, and love AppState football with a passion. With that said, paying full price for a child over the age of 3 is definitely a deterrent, though I certainly understand the position. Being around drunks yelling the f-word is a much larger deterrent, but at some point I realize my kids have to live in the world, not be sheltered from it. 5 years old is not that point though. I usually try to buy tickets on the edges of the Yosef sections, but even then this year, I had to tell 3 drunk college kids those were our seats and they had to move entirely, not just try to squeeze in on us.

Honestly, the biggest thing we face is trying to brave the weather with kids. Cold isn't such a big deal as rain. Until the kids reach an age where they will just be happy enjoying the game, no matter the weather, and can decide if they want to sit through a game, I can't see us buying season tickets not knowing if we will be at every game as a whole family.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 am

The child season ticket is a little cheaper than an adult ticket.... but yes, it is pricey taking you kids to all home games (and a few road ones) when you factor in meals etc. We have to budget it as a family each year....
The Appalachian State

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am

Children under 3 are free, age 3-12 need child ticket ( sorry I could not find price), age 12 up need adult ticket.

As a retired teacher/coach I did find they no longer accept my lifetime coaches pass, only honor current membership cards. Glad I made decision for preferred seating season tickets 20 years ago.
Bring Your A Game!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:59 pm

A lot of Gym memberships have gone this route...I think the theaters would help themselves to look at this pricing scheme.

App could put some packages together for the non highly attended games and have some test cases. My kids would love to bring friends and i would bring them for $10 bucks but not for $29

a family of 6 has about $186 dollars in coming to a game before the kids ask for food and drinks.

Oh yeah....and a kid ticket should stay a kid ticket until age 16.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:06 am

huskie3 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am
Children under 3 are free, age 3-12 need child ticket ( sorry I could not find price), age 12 up need adult ticket.
It's $10 for reserved. I couldn't find a GA ticket price.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:35 am

asu66 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:06 am
huskie3 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am
It's $10 for reserved. I couldn't find a GA ticket price.
I definitely remember paying more than $10 for a child's ticket and that wasn't in any kind of special section.

Edit: Yeah, here's a link:
https://appstatesports.com/news/2018/8/ ... -sale.aspx

The children's ticket is only $10 less than an adults. Perhaps that what you were getting at though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”