Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Comments in recent Black and Gold newspaper

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Comments in recent Black and Gold newspaper

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:27 pm

I received the Black and Gold newspaper from the Yosef Club on Friday and I noticed he glowing comments about the new football coach. I am sure we hired a person that deserves those comments. +Not that I want this for App but I would love to see someone say and it be published something like,
"School X hired a coach that is not very good, and to be honest, he is a worse human being."
"Not a bad coach, but a total ass to be around."
"It is what I expected out of School X, total mediocrity in coaching and morals."
"The guy has some deep dark secrets, and the school will be on serious probation in a few years."

:D
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppAlum1

Re: Comments in recent Black and Gold newspaper

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:47 pm

What an asinine thing to say.

The moderator needs to delete this thread.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:53 pm

That’s pretty funny. Perhaps in “The Crappalchian”, if they still do the April 1 edition.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:53 pm
That’s pretty funny. Perhaps in “The Crappalchian”, if they still do the April 1 edition.
I guess some enjoy a dark, dark bit of humor and others do not. Fair enough.

For the most part the comments made about the head coaching hires at App have lived up to the comments and were not hyperbole nor sound bites. That is something for which I appreciate and am proud of from Appalachian.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:56 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:41 pm
Stonewall wrote:

For the most part the comments made about the head coaching hires at App have lived up to the comments and were not hyperbole nor sound bites. That is something for which I appreciate and am proud of from Appalachian.
I got your humor, and as a reporter I had to hear all the same quotes after hires, time after time, and it gets old. You do want one time for the AD to say something like, “we know it’s a dead-end job, and he’s the guy who would work for what we offered, so we offered, and we’ll hope for the best.” Or, “he had just sold a set of white walls to a customer on the other line, and was looking for a different challenge.”

Or before the season. “No, we’re not excited. I’ve been dreading the start of practice all summer. I’m one step closer to being out of a job. I mean. Do you remember how these guys played last year. Sure, we only lost one player from last season’s team, but we finished last in the conference. I wish we had lost most of them. Then, we might have a shot this year.”

Alas, all we get are cliches.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:02 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:47 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:56 pm
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:41 pm
Stonewall wrote:

I got your humor, ...
Alas, there is only the "Thanks" option. In this case what is really needed is a "I am so sorry" or "Pity" as I am so sorry for you that you get my humor. :D

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 am

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:27 pm
I received the Black and Gold newspaper from the Yosef Club on Friday and I noticed he glowing comments about the new football coach. I am sure we hired a person that deserves those comments. +Not that I want this for App but I would love to see someone say and it be published something like,
"School X hired a coach that is not very good, and to be honest, he is a worse human being."
"It is what I expected out of School X, total mediocrity in coaching and morals."
"The guy has some deep dark secrets, and the school will be on serious probation in a few years."

I got it.....

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:30 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 am
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:27 pm

I got it.....
AppinVa was a bit more subtle and therefore funnier in my view than compared to my over the top attempt.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”