Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2019: What are you looking forward to?

appstate77
School: Appalachian State

Re: 2019: What are you looking forward to?

Unread post by appstate77 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:34 pm

Beating ETSU for starters.

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:54 pm

Finally instituting “Always Attack.”

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:09 am

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:36 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:43 pm
Looking forward to the excuses of those against the Drink hire and all of his assistant hires.
I don’t recall even the most eccentric members of our fanbase being against the Drink hire. I am looking forward to Roof silencing the critics.
They were more against it because they were all in on either Tim Horton, Searels or Ruffin.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:15 am

Let's face it, Drinkwitz wasn't even in the conversation prior to the announcement, so everyone on the board was basically supporting someone else. Once his name came into the conversation and folks started learning more about him, I really haven't heard any significant nay-sayers other than the Roof threads. Every App fan I know is at least cautiously optimistic. Some are downright giddy.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:39 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:01 am
I'm excited to see whether Coach Drink and his new staff can mix things up just enough to make things REALLY difficult on our opponents. Not complaining about the former coaches at all but I do think we have left options on the table and a more balanced approach can make us almost impossible to defend. I think we finally have all the pieces in place to find out (OL, QB, WR, RB) to fully exploit any weakness in the defensive schemes. In the past, there has generally been a piece missing or "under development" and we never quite got there.
100% agree. Satt was conservative and hoping we see a lot of what Clark did in the bowl game and even more.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:41 am

MAD Doctor wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:17 am
Defending our championship.
Great schedule.
Revenge on Stink
Returning to the Top 25
Returning to New Orleans
Bowl win #5
Unleashing this offense with all its weapons.
I don't want to get too far ahead and right now my big thing is to beat ETSU. We can't overlook them. However, I will say that if this season goes how I think it can go I don't want to be in New Orleans at all. I have my sights set on something higher and I hope our players and staff do as well. We can finally arrive like Boise State, UCF, etc have done among the big boys with this schedule so I'm hoping we take it to the next level.

With all that said, beating ETSU first is key. We need to come out strong and not let up. They are a good FCS team and we will be their Super Bowl. They will likely pull out all the stops and not hold anything back. BEAT ETSU!!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:22 pm

It’s a tough call, but if I had to pick one thing I’m looking forward to most it would be absolutely, utterly overlooking ETSU.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:42 pm

We as fans can set our sights as high as we want but none of have any control over the situation so I see no reason to set expectations on the team other than what i see as a realistic and plausible outcome for each game. I will allow the coaches to set the expectations and goals. With that being said, goal #1 is most assuredly, win the next game on the schedule. I seriously doubt that we are ETSU's Super Bowl. They probably have the same realistic expectations as we did going into Penn State. Be competitive and no injuries that will set them back from winning the conference. Second goal for the team is long term which is to win the conference and get to New Orleans. You can't put yourself in position for a NY6 bid without accomplishing the conference championship.

As for the likelihood of that happening. We will need some serious help as I don't see us running the table. Our four most challenging games are all on the road. Can we finish 13-0? Sure. Is it likely? Hardly.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:54 pm

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:38 pm
1. End of the term...”opening up the playbook” because what idiot doesn’t use the full playbook beginning week one?!
2. Taking my lovely father in law three miles from his house in chapel hill to see my team whip the shit our of his team at the school where he taught!
3. Drinking PBR in the stands....legally
4. Tailgating with the best group of random friends at the top of “Liberry Deck” and continuing into th 110
5. Inviting ga. Southern fans to our tailgate only to have them show up and then telling them all that I was kidding and telling them to “suck it...and take Furman with you!”
6. Leaving co-bum-bia with a “W” in perfect November 65 degree weather
7. Enjoying my Thanksgiving by telling my father in law how thankful I am that my boys kicked his teams ass in chapel hill....*see item #2
8. Conference championship regular season
9. Conference championship in the snow at home against any school that thinks of snow as a novelty
10. A bowl game and a win sometime late December/early January
Mic Drop

Amen to #1.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:52 pm

The entire playbook won’t be open the first week of the season regardless. There simply isn’t enough time to install the whole book and practice them for optimal execution.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:24 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:42 pm
We as fans can set our sights as high as we want but none of have any control over the situation so I see no reason to set expectations on the team other than what i see as a realistic and plausible outcome for each game. I will allow the coaches to set the expectations and goals. With that being said, goal #1 is most assuredly, win the next game on the schedule. I seriously doubt that we are ETSU's Super Bowl. They probably have the same realistic expectations as we did going into Penn State. Be competitive and no injuries that will set them back from winning the conference. Second goal for the team is long term which is to win the conference and get to New Orleans. You can't put yourself in position for a NY6 bid without accomplishing the conference championship.

As for the likelihood of that happening. We will need some serious help as I don't see us running the table. Our four most challenging games are all on the road. Can we finish 13-0? Sure. Is it likely? Hardly.
ETSU has not played us in a long time, use to be our rivals, and they are now a top 25 FCS program looking to pull what would be a huge upset over a possible top 25 FBS program. We can't overlook them as a team and I hope our players come sky high for every game.

Staying healthy is always a goal for every year so that should be obvious without saying.

I would imagine Drink's only goal right now is to be the best team in the stadium every week like he said but the only goal on our plate right now is to beat ETSU.

We can worry about the rest later.

If we indeed are the best team in the stadium every week then we will have gone undefeated, finish ranked in the top 15, beat the ACC and SEC, and won a conference title game in the same year in the FBS. That would be the biggest accomplishment as a team in school history and would gain more national respect than anything we have done previously outside of the Michigan win. I actually think it would equal that win because nobody thinks we can beat 2 P5s, including one who may be ranked when we play them.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:44 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:24 pm
AppSt94 wrote:

ETSU has not played us in a long time, use to be our rivals, and they are now a top 25 FCS program looking to pull what would be a huge upset over a possible top 25 FBS program. We can't overlook them as a team and I hope our players come sky high for every game.

Staying healthy is always a goal for every year so that should be obvious without saying.

I would imagine Drink's only goal right now is to be the best team in the stadium every week like he said but the only goal on our plate right now is to beat ETSU.

If we indeed are the best team in the stadium every week then we will have gone undefeated, finish ranked in the top 15, beat the ACC and SEC, and won a conference title game in the same year in the FBS. That would be the biggest accomplishment as a team in school history and would gain more national respect than anything we have done previously outside of the Michigan win. I actually think it would equal that win because nobody thinks we can beat 2 P5s, including one who may be ranked when we play them.
Oh how I enjoy your hubris. We aren’t going to start the season inside the top 25 so ETSU won’t have that carrot dangled in front of them. Which P5 do you expect to possibly be ranked in th Top 25 when we play them? South Carolina? They play the toughest schedule in the SEC East, and are projected to finish 5th in the East. If they prove to be worthy of the Top 25 when we play them, then I seriously doubt we win that game. Say we beat them, we still have to get by Troy at Troy which will be no easy task. Getting to the NY6 is a marathon, not a sprint.

Nugget49
School: Charlotte

Unread post by Nugget49 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:52 pm

Ice in the cups

Boroneer10

Unread post by Boroneer10 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:33 pm

87ASUgrad wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:04 pm
Revenge on The Stink.
Good road trips to UNC, USC, & Ga State.
Bringing some of our UNCC friends up for their first game at The Rock.
Big Revenge on The Stink.
Getting rowdy in section 111.
Tailgate with Friends.
Crazy Revenge on The Stink. :evil:
Another Sun Belt Championship.
Going back to New Orleans maybe, that was an awesome trip.
Absolute Revenge on The Stink. :twisted:

Beat ETSU!
How about doing the rest of us a favor and not doing the bolded part.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Winning the conference.
Putting talk to rest with winning 2 P5 games, Walk the Walk
Keep On Keeping On in a bowl
Peoples intrigues me, cant help but think should he stay healthy, he's going to be really special
BLACK SATURDAY

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Oh yea, not up the gut on the majority of first downs. ;>
BLACK SATURDAY

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:16 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:44 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:24 pm
AppSt94 wrote:

Oh how I enjoy your hubris. We aren’t going to start the season inside the top 25 so ETSU won’t have that carrot dangled in front of them. Which P5 do you expect to possibly be ranked in th Top 25 when we play them? South Carolina? They play the toughest schedule in the SEC East, and are projected to finish 5th in the East. If they prove to be worthy of the Top 25 when we play them, then I seriously doubt we win that game. Say we beat them, we still have to get by Troy at Troy which will be no easy task. Getting to the NY6 is a marathon, not a sprint.

I think maybe you misunderstood some of what I said. I did not say we would begin in the top 25 but we will receive votes and thus that will be seen as a big upset for them if they can pull off. I was saying that ETSU will be ranked in the FCS top 25. They were a year ahead of schedule in making the playoffs last year so they are going to be confident they can hang.

I said the Gamecocks could be ranked and because of the brutal schedule if they somehow have just 3 losses when they play us they will be ranked for sure. If they finish the regular season 7-5 with their schedule, they will be ranked. I don't see how they could get to 7-5 without a win over us.

Troy may be just as hard or harder than South Carolina because they want revenge and that game will be on the road in the middle of the week.

We do have a tough road. The goal should just be to win every week this year and see how it plays out. If Drink and this staff is as good as they look on paper, we have the talent to do something nobody thought we could ever do. There was a time when nobody thought we could win 3 straight titles, beat Michigan, go FBS, and host a P5 team in Boone. We have done all of that so don't doubt the magic on the mountain. It is a marathon for sure but we have the CHANCE and we have been on a long marathon that started back in the 80s with getting us where we are now. Right now though I just want to beat ETSU first. If we lose to them then we will never be ranked. If we go 3-0 or 4-0 we will be ranked for sure though.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:17 am

Actually, I understood what you said. I just don’t agree with any of it. Receiving votes is not the same as being ranked. SC will not be ranked unless they 7-3 or better before playing us which seems unlikely.

GoBoone

Unread post by GoBoone » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:26 am

Uptempo. I want it so fast that I can't even keep up!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:43 am

GoBoone wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:26 am
Uptempo. I want it so fast that I can't even keep up!
I would expect the tempo to pick up later in the season. The speed at which we go will be predicated on how comfortable everyone is with the playcalling and execution.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”