Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Big News Coming Soon?

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

Re: Big News Coming Soon?

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:01 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:50 am
Come on folks. Maybe this was a swing and a miss, but in case you can't tell we are in a DEAD season. God forbid that somebody TRY to create some interest and excitement.
We all acknowledge that they tried. Most of us also acknowledge that it was a weak attempt.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:12 am

fjblair wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:02 am
I'm not outraged or even a little upset, lol.
I don't think anyones (hope not at least) outraged. I think only us diehards are even upset because the delay, in conjunction with DGs month long teaser re: a possible large donation, just makes us look a little amateurish.

I think the casual fans probably saw the tease on Friday and then yesterday afternoon and are pumped.

I'm pumped about having Black "Saturday" against GASO again. And looking forward to recreating my last halloween game experience at App (sans the blackout)

Personally, i don't think the tease was necessary.

Also want to say no reason for anyone to apologize (much less the member of this board that tries the hardest not to speculate). THe whole reason this thing exists is for us to speculate.

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:33 am

booneboy92 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:18 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:46 pm
Here's the Tweet in question from last month.

So.... this tease is over a month old, and still in question... Obviously a big gift, but how much and from who?!
I read this tweet as an announcement that someone gave a large donation and that’s it. I don’t think it meant to be a tease; just some reporting done pertinent information.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:50 am

I played the video in reverse with the audio slowed down a bit. You can clearly here a constant "hah you loser, here's a big announcement: you are a big fat doodoo head."

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:20 am

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:12 pm
I’m excited for Black Thursday. Definitely the right call re: which game gets the “Black” monicre. But MAN. What a let down. This athletic coms team is really out of touch. Maybe they’re still students?
I’ll give them a “D” with red sharpie.
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 am

appstatealum wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:20 am
Gonzo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:12 pm
I’m excited for Black Thursday. Definitely the right call re: which game gets the “Black” monicre. But MAN. What a let down. This athletic coms team is really out of touch. Maybe they’re still students?
I’ll give them a “D” with red sharpie.
Agreed. It was just very lame. Their social media game has been awful. Gillin needs to get rid of those who have been heading it up and make sure they hire new folks who know how not to get suspended as well.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:28 am

Here is what a big announcement would be to me.

The GSU game on Halloween will also be the Black Saturday/Thursday game this year.
Luke Combs will be performing at the halftime show while burning Luke Bryant in effigy.

Unread post by 8993 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:34 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:50 am
Come on folks. Maybe this was a swing and a miss, but in case you can't tell we are in a DEAD season. God forbid that somebody TRY to create some interest and excitement.
I truly don't think that people are upset or mad. I think that, if anything, they are disappointed with how our marketing team within the Athletic Department doesn't seem to have a firm grasp on how to actually market things. Yes, cool videos and flashy graphics are great, but I generally think that this team is out-of-touch with how to market effectively and efficiently.

As someone who works in marketing, I have to say that there is much to be desired when it comes to the way our marketing team thinks and works. This is not meant to be a knock on them, as I am sure that they are doing it the way that they have always known it, but sometimes it is really great to go back to the drawing board and think something through from beginning to end. What makes fans excited for something? How is that anticipation played out on a timeline? What's the difference between a major announcement and just an announcement? These are just a few examples of our they could tighten things up a bit in the future.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Our marketing is done by Learfield IMG College. I wonder if they assign real pros to our account or newbies fresh out of their internships. This isn't a criticism of those folks, just a question that I have no answer for. IMG College is a growing by leaps and bounds company but it has a ton of high major clients. I just wonder how their HR team assesses and assigns talent.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:16 pm

I think the takeaway for our social media team (in case anyone at Athletics or IMG or DG himself happens to read this thread) is that we're listening. You have an audience. The only way to change that is by squandering the excitement by hyping non-stories. (boy+crying-wolf=apathy)

Black Saturday happens every year, so shifting it over a few days just isn't a big deal. It could have been simply announced without the buildup. Beyond that, this game already has so many ingredients: hated rival+Halloween+night game+probably TV. Why not save Black Saturday for a game that could use a dash on intrigue?

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:52 pm

For the record, the "big news" teaser is a non-issue for me. The issue that got the Twitter account suspended (Copyright infringement I believe) is a much more significant issue. Someone seriously dropped the ball on that one.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:08 pm

appchicago wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:16 pm
I think the takeaway for our social media team (in case anyone at Athletics or IMG or DG himself happens to read this thread) is that we're listening. You have an audience. The only way to change that is by squandering the excitement by hyping non-stories. (boy+crying-wolf=apathy)

Black Saturday happens every year, so shifting it over a few days just isn't a big deal. It could have been simply announced without the buildup. Beyond that, this game already has so many ingredients: hated rival+Halloween+night game+probably TV. Why not save Black Saturday for a game that could use a dash on intrigue?
TV is already a done deal...ESPNU.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:52 pm
For the record, the "big news" teaser is a non-issue for me. The issue that got the Twitter account suspended (Copyright infringement I believe) is a much more significant issue. Someone seriously dropped the ball on that one.
From what I've heard about how wonky Twitter copyright claims are, it's not something App or App marketing people should get in trouble for.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:40 pm

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:54 pm

#makeapaymenttosalliemaeandbuywhateverticketsyoucanbecauseattendancematters

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:19 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:10 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:52 pm
From what I've heard about how wonky Twitter copyright claims are, it's not something App or App marketing people should get in trouble for.
We’re suspended again. https://mobile.twitter.com/AppState_FB? ... r%5Eauthor @Appstate_FB Not a good image when we are out recruiting, looking for talent to commit to the Mountaineers. Please fix ASAP.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue May 07, 2019 6:06 pm

At this point you have to wonder if our friendly rivals are reporting us...

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue May 07, 2019 10:09 pm

Same reason? Copyright infringement?

At this point, we need to make it a marketing campaign like the Carolina Hurricanes and "Bunch of Jerks".
The Appalachian State

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:21 am

Not sure how the account was suspended again? It is rather easy to follow the rules on copyright infringement if that is the case. Whoever controls the account and is posting should be reprimanded with this being the second time.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:09 am

:roll: and here we go...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”