Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Football team involved in St. Patrick’s Day fight?

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Football team involved in St. Patrick’s Day fight?

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:25 pm

The Rock wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:48 pm
The one dude with the red striped white shirt looks like was kicking someone who was down then connects with a solid right hand to someone who pushed him away. There were more punches thrown than what usually happens in these scuffles IMO
Yeah that’s what happens in a fist fight. Looks like you are quick to assign blame to the football players. You have no idea what the other guys were saying but I’m quite sure plenty of trash talking. You can’t get mad at one guy because he throws a better punch than the other drunk guy

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Just bad.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:29 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:31 pm
Just bad.
It's a stain on the university, the football program and the new coaching staff. Coach Drink had better step up, do a thorough investigation to learn what happened; learn exactly who was involved and to what extent; and then send an unmistakable message that such irresponsible behavior will absolutely not be tolerated.

If Drink blinks on this, it won't be the last rumble attributed to App State FB this spring and summer. Inquiring eyes will be evaluating his handling of this situation. Get it right, coach!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:46 pm

I’m trying to remember what happened just in the last couple of years.... Wasn’t it a fight/stabbing at an apartment complex? I can’t even remember what players were involved (don’t even recall cell phone footage), much less if their were any consequences. Could somebody please refresh my memory? Not trying to downplay this St. Patty’s Day incident, as it has apparently become all too common “digital lipstick”, but at least no one was gutted in the process...

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:50 am

If anyone on this board assaulted someone just for running their mouth they’d be thrown in jail.

The law applies to students as well. There are 3 individuals in this video that I would expel from Appalachian State and press charges against. This is not normal behavior.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:19 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:25 pm
The Rock wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:48 pm
The one dude with the red striped white shirt looks like was kicking someone who was down then connects with a solid right hand to someone who pushed him away. There were more punches thrown than what usually happens in these scuffles IMO
Yeah that’s what happens in a fist fight. Looks like you are quick to assign blame to the football players. You have no idea what the other guys were saying but I’m quite sure plenty of trash talking. You can’t get mad at one guy because he throws a better punch than the other drunk guy
1) curb stomping someone who is down, while it does happen, is more than just a fist fight, and a pretty cheap move
2) I don’t know who the guy in the red striped white shirt is. May be a football player or not, so I’m not assigning blame to the football players, but this one guy especially.
3) that guy sucker punches someone who is standing there and not attacking him in any way.
Not sure how/why you are defending this. True, we don’t know what was said, but do words justify this response?

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:54 am

appstatealum wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:11 pm
appfan22 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:07 pm
AppOrange wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:42 pm
Watched it, yawn. Coach can use this as a learning tool, glad nothing happened.
That haymaker at 0:30 is considered nothing to you?
Yeah, it looked like that guy was trying to break up the early stuff and then something triggered him and he went crazy.
There are also 2 guys wearing the same shirt. The camera doesn’t stay on them, so hard to tell if the same guy breaking it up earlier is the same one going off later.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:00 am

Also, looks like a pretty lame party. What was the guy:girl ratio there? Like 30:1?
Awesome frat party. Let’s see how many dudes we can pack in 900 square feet.
No wonder fighting broke out.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:41 am

Let’s not rush to judgment on this. We don’t know what transpired before or after the camera was rolling. This isn’t a football versus frat battle royale. This is a situation that escalated out of control, possibly from the consumption of alcohol. While I agree that they maybe should have known better, we aren’t college students anymore and age and wisdom taught us that. Let the administrators and authorities do their job and sort this out. It’s a teachable moment for sure, so let the lessons play out.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:50 am

The Rock wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:00 am
Also, looks like a pretty lame party. What was the guy:girl ratio there? Like 30:1?
Awesome frat party. Let’s see how many dudes we can pack in 900 square feet.
No wonder fighting broke out.
Exactly!

Terrible ratio. Most frat parties I attended while in school (Wasn't many and never stayed long) were sausage fest.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:25 am

No ID on anyone based on that video. If they weren’t black no one would even suspect the football team. Seems to have been initiated by some pip squeek in the corner.

Suspend the fraternity and no one else.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:31 am

The dude in long sleeve white shirt with blonde dreads is Cam Peoples, but he was trying to calm everyone down and seperate them.
The fact that they are all huge and built is an indicator of the FB to me, not their race

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:21 am

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:25 am
No ID on anyone based on that video. If they weren’t black no one would even suspect the football team. Seems to have been initiated by some pip squeek in the corner.

Woof, bad take. Cam Peoples has been identified by many posting in this thread and the shooter of the video calls out the football team in two separate audible comments as well.

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 am

Peoples is an absolute class act from my very limited interaction with him. This video backs up my assumptions about him as a person. He tried to calm everyone down and prevent them from getting into trouble. That’s true friendship and what a good teammate does.

He should be commended.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:40 am

AppUSMC wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 am
Peoples is an absolute class act from my very limited interaction with him. This video backs up my assumptions about him as a person. He tried to calm everyone down and prevent them from getting into trouble. That’s true friendship and what a good teammate does.

He should be commended.
Also shows leadership...

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:55 am

Rick83 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:40 am
AppUSMC wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 am

He should be commended.
Also shows leadership...
Exactly, and he’s only a redshirt freshman. Good for that guy!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:59 am

ASU2012 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:21 am
Gonzo wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:25 am

Woof, bad take. Cam Peoples has been identified by many posting in this thread and the shooter of the video calls out the football team in two separate audible comments as well.
Two anonymous people on a message board think it's him based on a hair cut, and then go on to opine that who ever that individual is was a peacemaker and not a combatant. And how do the comments of the anonymous dip shit, who was foolish enough to film this, help establish which individual humans were involved?

No ID. We could find out the specific fraternity easily enough. That's your source of accountability if you must have one. Even if you could reliably identify a player that threw a punch I don't see how anyone could prove that such a reaction was not legally justified. This should die on the reddit page.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:02 am

In Philly this was just a little jawing and St. Patrick's day mosh pit.
Learning experience for football team, dont go to frat parties.
Just another reason i didn't join a frat.
Time to move on.

Boroneer10

Unread post by Boroneer10 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:07 am

asu66 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:29 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:31 pm
Just bad.
It's a stain on the university, the football program and the new coaching staff. Coach Drink had better step up, do a thorough investigation to learn what happened; learn exactly who was involved and to what extent; and then send an unmistakable message that such irresponsible behavior will absolutely not be tolerated.

If Drink blinks on this, it won't be the last rumble attributed to App State FB this spring and summer. Inquiring eyes will be evaluating his handling of this situation. Get it right, coach!
Are you serious? Get a grip.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:17 am

It’s tough to walk away from a confrontation but athletes under a microscope need to learn to.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”