Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Football team involved in St. Patrick’s Day fight?

The Rock
School: Appalachian State

Re: Football team involved in St. Patrick’s Day fight?

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:56 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:11 pm
hAPPy4APP wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:57 pm
These young MEN have to know what behavioral expectations are. Not only are they representing ASU on the field but also off the field. If they can’t do that then they should be st Georgia Southern. If they didn’get this lecture more than once, our coaching staff has failed to do their job.
Good post. Tell it to BooneGoon and The Rock.
go back and read my previous posts. Nowhere have I defended the actions and have actually said this is a bad reflection on them, the team, and the school.
I was just surprised your original comment was more concerned with the fact it was posted, not the content of the video

BurkeGrad

Unread post by BurkeGrad » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:34 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:25 pm
The Rock wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:48 pm
The one dude with the red striped white shirt looks like was kicking someone who was down then connects with a solid right hand to someone who pushed him away. There were more punches thrown than what usually happens in these scuffles IMO
Yeah that’s what happens in a fist fight. Looks like you are quick to assign blame to the football players. You have no idea what the other guys were saying but I’m quite sure plenty of trash talking. You can’t get mad at one guy because he throws a better punch than the other drunk guy
Was the poster blaming football players? I am certain there is plenty of blame to go around between football players and others. For those being aggressors there needs to be disciplinary action if not legal action taken. Interesting to see how the University will handle it especially if it was at a fraternity house.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:47 pm

The Rock wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:56 pm
NewApp wrote:
hAPPy4APP wrote:
These young MEN have to know what behavioral expectations are. Not only are they representing ASU on the field but also off the field. If they can’t do that then they should be st Georgia Southern. If they didn’get this lecture more than once, our coaching staff has failed to do their job.
go back and read my previous posts. Nowhere have I defended the actions and have actually said this is a bad reflection on them, the team, and the school.
I was just surprised your original comment was more concerned with the fact it was posted, not the content of the video
I feel like we should all know by now that NewApp is never wrong. At some point we have to realize there is no arguing with this individual.

As to this "fight"; our guys need to be reprimanded by the coaching staff. As for people wanting to delete this thread because it's a "black eye" on our alma mater ; trying to pretend it didn't happen is asinine. We all have our own beliefs and morals but in the end we want what's best for our alma mater and talking about situations like this helps deter them in the future.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Not posting the link but WSJ has the story up and there ARE suspensions.

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Not good but looks tame verses what it could have been. Don't understand why it kept starting back up like that , most of the time once its calmed down it ends.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Rut Roh, I see extra bleacher runs coming in the near future.

Boroneer10

Unread post by Boroneer10 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 pm

This is ridiculous, the only person that should maybe be suspended at all is the player that threw the haymaker. I hope whoever the moron is that posted that video on reddit is happy with themselves.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:44 pm

Boone Goon wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:19 pm
Guys, I wish our players only went to class, practice and church. but that's not reality. Some of them go to parties, some drink, some have unprotected sex. If people didn't carry around camera phones we wouldn't know about any of this...my point is, this kind of stuff has been going on for decades on every campus, across the country. I wish it didn't, but I'm not going to clutch my pearls, act surprised, and demand everyone get kicked out of school.
Should never be an excuse nor does it make the actions right. As an athlete that represents a university, you are held to a higher standard then everyone else. Is that fair? No. But if it was all fair we'd all be athletes. As a coach, if I can't trust you to be discipline in the community, how can I trust you to be discipline on the game field?
Granted, this doesn't need to be any more of a big deal other then the fact that they made a mistake, need to be punished for it, and hopefully everyone moves on and learns from it.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:36 pm

The Rock wrote:
NewApp wrote:
hAPPy4APP wrote:

Nowhere did I say I was more concerned with either one. Concerned by BOTH!
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Boroneer10 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 pm
This is ridiculous, the only person that should maybe be suspended at all is the player that threw the haymaker. I hope whoever the moron is that posted that video on reddit is happy with themselves.
Good point. Should be ashamed of him/herself.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:43 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:47 pm
The Rock wrote:
NewApp wrote:
hAPPy4APP wrote:
I feel like we should all know by now that NewApp is never wrong. At some point we have to realize there is no arguing with this individual.

As to this "fight"; our guys need to be reprimanded by the coaching staff. As for people wanting to delete this thread because it's a "black eye" on our alma mater ; trying to pretend it didn't happen is asinine. We all have our own beliefs and morals but in the end we want what's best for our alma mater and talking about situations like this helps deter them in the future.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know I was the only one arguing the points. Someone else implied deleting the video, not me and the moderator (Glenn) did just that. Please try to keep up.
Google SUX

asu952018

Unread post by asu952018 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:36 pm

Relax. There were a couple hundred people at the party, band outside, nice day, everybody drinking. The fraternity has a brother on the football team. The fraternity and football team talked it out. People’s informed that several members of the team (with previous suspensions) were way too drunk and went there looking for some action. The others were there to stop it/control it. Apologies were made for the sucker punches, Drinkwitz is aware and dealing with it accordingly. It was all provoked by some drunk shit talking by several players, then the first shove, then the sucker punches, kicking, ect. Case closed, everything will be okay, nobody pressing charges. The team admitted guilt and beef has been squashed.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Whenever incidents like this happen, I hate the "shoot the messenger" attitude that some take because they think it'll "damage the brand" or interfere with winning football games, damn the consequences.

What you do in these situations as a program is take care of it quickly and efficiently. Don't turn a one-day story into a two-day story. And it looks like the program is trying to do that.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:23 pm

appfan22 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:07 pm
AppOrange wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:42 pm
Watched it, yawn. Coach can use this as a learning tool, glad nothing happened.
That haymaker at 0:30 is considered nothing to you?
Without knowing all the facts, correct. Again, use it as a learning moment and move on.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:26 am

Boroneer10 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 pm
If my friends were being beaten or in a fight I’m glad there was film posted to show what happened. What if a gun came out? IMO the filmer did us a favor. In this day and age you have to assume anything you do in public could end up on some social media platform.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:32 am

Don't really think the "what if a gun came out" position has anything to do with justifying the posting of this video. By the time it was posted, it was known whether that happened. That would be justification for taking the video in the first place but not for publishing.

I never got to see the video. It had been taken down before I saw this thread. Fighting is inappropriate behavior but things do get blown out of perspective these days. Hopefully, nobody was significantly harmed and no charges are filed. As of the last report I read, that seems to be the case. I will trust Coach Drink to use this as a teaching moment to get the attention of some of these young men. Our athletes need to know that there are jerks out there who will bait them and they need to avoid situations where that is likely and be willing to walk away when it does. The only thing they have to prove is on the field! Always be PROUD to be a MOUNTAINEER and REPRESENT!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:45 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:32 am
Don't really think the "what if a gun came out" position has anything to do with justifying the posting of this video. By the time it was posted, it was known whether that happened. That would be justification for taking the video in the first place but not for publishing.

I never got to see the video. It had been taken down before I saw this thread. Fighting is inappropriate behavior but things do get blown out of perspective these days. Hopefully, nobody was significantly harmed and no charges are filed. As of the last report I read, that seems to be the case. I will trust Coach Drink to use this as a teaching moment to get the attention of some of these young men. Our athletes need to know that there are jerks out there who will bait them and they need to avoid situations where that is likely and be willing to walk away when it does. The only thing they have to prove is on the field! Always be PROUD to be a MOUNTAINEER and REPRESENT!
Please don’t assume someone baited our football players....and teaching moment my ass....it’s a discipline moment and I hope it scares the crap outta our team

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:31 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:45 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:32 am

Please don’t assume someone baited our football players....and teaching moment my ass....it’s a discipline moment and I hope it scares the crap outta our team
Everything in life is a teaching moment. I think that you are over reacting a bit. The only thing in the video that I cannot condone is the kicking a man when he is down. However, these things occur for one of two reasons. Either the person is a bad seed or emotions tend to run high and bad decisions are made. Don’t know the identity of the individual that was kicking someone so I can’t speak to his character plus, we don’t know what happened to set him off. But if his personality is that of the former, then it is doubtful that any form of punishment is going to teach them anything. If he fits in line with the latter, then let’s let the people in charge deal with it.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:32 am

Frat parties always end the same way. A few of the brothers are incels. They eventually get drunk and blame non-member male partygoers for their lack of sex on the particular night. Fight breaks out. Frat bros lose and then it’s all “DO YOU KNOW WHO MY FATHER IS!?”

Saw it dozens of times myself when I was at Appalachian.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:24 am

Gonzo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:32 am
Frat parties always end the same way. A few of the brothers are incels. They eventually get drunk and blame non-member male partygoers for their lack of sex on the particular night. Fight breaks out. Frat bros lose and then it’s all “DO YOU KNOW WHO MY FATHER IS!?”

Saw it dozens of times myself when I was at Appalachian.
You sound like Dean Wormer.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”