Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Pro Day 3/28

appstatealum
School: Appalachian State

Re: Pro Day 3/28

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:09 pm

hapapp wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:59 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:35 pm
Oh and the article about Satt posted here suggested the players are buying in and loving the change.
Those that have chosen to stay are buying in. Sounds like a positive environment is being greeted favorably in light the impersonal Petrino regime. I can't believe anyone would hire that creep again.
Yeah, I’m sure filtering out some guys is a good thing for Satt.
The Appalachian State

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:13 pm

I would think the cone drill would be tougher on his injury.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:45 pm

When will we see results?

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Yea, Hello App State Sports....... where's the write up about the results??????? It was out on the appstateports.com site last year by 4pm.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:05 pm

Finally the report came out. Man, I sure hope somebody comes out with a much more complete detailed reporting. It is very haphazard and incomplete. How hard would it be to do a matrix ? Disappointing.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:48 am

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:43 pm
A few observations from Pro Day:

-Big Mike was there to support the 8 guys that worked out, it was kind of strange having him involved considering he is in UL now.

-Stout killed it in the vertical and on the bench. Ran a sub 5 40yd, did 28 on the bench, and if I saw it correctly, had a 32in vertical. Everybody was hollering, so I didn’t hear it officially. He worked hard today.

-Tae Hayes had a good day. His 40 was strong and he did 17 reps on the bench. The Chargers seemed to be very fond of him all day.

-Duck worked real hard. He looked like he was in the best shape I’ve seen his whole career. Did 16 bench reps and I believe he had a sub 4.5 40yd. Overall, he had a good showing.

-Exford did a lot to increase his stock today. Had a good vertical and a nice bench. He ran a 4.40 and looked good in drills.

-Flory struggled today. He had some good drills, but he just didn’t look as polished and sharp as the others. Hopefully his game film is more of a focus.

-Heath had a strong day. He was explosive, fast, sharp, and his hands were on point. I think he had 13 bench reps and one of his 40 yds was thought to be 4.3, but I heard 4.4 on his second one. The Panthers seemed to show a lot of interest in him.

-McMurry looked, well, like a lineman. He did solid in his drills, but I’m not an OT drills expert. He is smaller, so he’ll probably be regulated to LS or something.

-Jalin is a specimen. He definitely looked the part physically. I noticed a few small movements that indicated his leg isn’t 100, but may just be a mental vs physical thing. He did not run the 40, but he did all of the cone drills and looked great. I came away impressed with how good he looked following an injury like he had. I believe he did 34in on the vertical

There was a large showing of scouts there today (23 according to Ethan Joyce), many to see Jalin it seemed. Heath and Hayes will be guaranteed camps based on what I saw today (and Jalin of course). I heard Louisville is having I hard time getting kids to buy in to the change..... based on what I was seeing and hearing, the vibe is pretty good around our locker room. You can tell a lot of the players feel that Drink is a special type of coach.
Just saw the photo gallery from Pro Day and you weren't kidding...Jalin is a beast! Duck also has clearly been beefing up since leaving school...

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:50 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:13 pm
That's what I was thinking. I'm sure there's a reason, but it escapes me. I wish him the best in the draft / signing process though. I'm sure he's getting plenty of advise. Maybe he was told his 40 time wasn't in question (total guess).

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:25 am

AppFan11 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:56 pm
Yea, Hello App State Sports....... where's the write up about the results??????? It was out on the appstateports.com site last year by 4pm.
The information that you are seeking in behind the pay wall on AppstateMania.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:26 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:50 am
Saint3333 wrote:
That's what I was thinking. I'm sure there's a reason, but it escapes me. I wish him the best in the draft / signing process though. I'm sure he's getting plenty of advise. Maybe he was told his 40 time wasn't in question (total guess).
Theres an article from the Charlotte observer where Jalin said the reason he didn't run the 40 was that he didn't have time to train specifically for that event.

I have a feeling with the more analytics based approach that we see is going to put less and less emphasis on how fast a straight line 40 yard dash is. Hopefully this doesn't affect his draft position.

More from Apps hometown paper, please!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:40 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:26 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:50 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Theres an article from the Charlotte observer where Jalin said the reason he didn't run the 40 was that he didn't have time to train specifically for that event.

I have a feeling with the more analytics based approach that we see is going to put less and less emphasis on how fast a straight line 40 yard dash is. Hopefully this doesn't affect his draft position.

More from Apps hometown paper, please!
He did so many other drills yesterday, I'm not sure the 40 was something the scouts were concerned with. He did plenty of "burst of speed", agility, Go route drills.... If teams are more concerned about his 40 time, they aren't drafting him for the right reason. After he was done with drills, he went back to the main building for interviews and was garnering a lot of attention from scouts.
The Appalachian State

MountaineerChemist10

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:21 pm

I wouldn't worry about Jalin just b/c he didn't run the 40. Training camp & preseason won't be 'till at least 4 more months from now. I could see him being drafted around 6th/7th round.

I know the Jets met with him at the combine & were there yesterday, so they may draft him as a project behind Leveon Bell.

Glad to hear the Panthers are interested in Heath. I know they're definitely interested in fast WRs, after trying to use tall yet slow WRs like Kelvin Benjamin & Devin Funchess. They're also interested in McMurray so they may pick him up after the draft. Maybe pick up Heath & McMurray as UDFAs.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:18 pm

MountaineerChemist10 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:21 pm
I wouldn't worry about Jalin just b/c he didn't run the 40. Training camp & preseason won't be 'till at least 4 more months from now. I could see him being drafted around 6th/7th round.

I know the Jets met with him at the combine & were there yesterday, so they may draft him as a project behind Leveon Bell.

Glad to hear the Panthers are interested in Heath. I know they're definitely interested in fast WRs, after trying to use tall yet slow WRs like Kelvin Benjamin & Devin Funchess. They're also interested in McMurray so they may pick him up after the draft. Maybe pick up Heath & McMurray as UDFAs.
Yeah, one Panthers scout spent a lot of time working with McMurry yesterday. I took that as a good sign for him.
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:44 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:47 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:34 pm
I don't think April 4th is a good move. According to some articles online there are several NFL teams who start draft meetings next week so they probably won't have a scout at our workout.

Anyone know why it was moved back? Was it simply because Drink thought we could or because Jalin was not ready yet? Hopefully we do not see a drop in teams because Moore, Hayes, and Duck need both a good scout showing and good workout.
It was moved back for Jalin. I guess his agent was trying to get as much time as possible for him. But I talked to some scouts today and for most of them, this was their last stop. Most said their reports were due tomorrow from their tours, which actually plays in some of these guys favors (like Heath, Hayes and Ex) because they were lesser known guys who are now fresh on scouts’ minds for final reports.
I'm hearing that Exford and Stout are the only two who really helped themselves. Someone who knows one of our players that watched sent me a clip and he does not look 100%. I'm nervous for him because he deserves to get drafted but this injury could prevent it.

From what one of our assistant coaches told me today through text they are hearing Jalin is late rounds most likely with the others being free agents. He said Duck ran 4.6s and was just okay in other drills as well. Duck blew it. No way he gets drafted and I hate that for him. Such a good guy. Sad to see him tricked by people who don't know what they are talking about. Supposedly Flory and Heath tested bad for undersized players but not sure anyone expected them to light it up.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:07 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:44 pm
appstatealum wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
I don't think April 4th is a good move. According to some articles online there are several NFL teams who start draft meetings next week so they probably won't have a scout at our workout.

Anyone know why it was moved back? Was it simply because Drink thought we could or because Jalin was not ready yet? Hopefully we do not see a drop in teams because Moore, Hayes, and Duck need both a good scout showing and good workout.
It was moved back for Jalin. I guess his agent was trying to get as much time as possible for him. But I talked to some scouts today and for most of them, this was their last stop. Most said their reports were due tomorrow from their tours, which actually plays in some of these guys favors (like Heath, Hayes and Ex) because they were lesser known guys who are now fresh on scouts’ minds for final reports.
I'm hearing that Exford and Stout are the only two who really helped themselves. Someone who knows one of our player and got a clip of Jalin in a drill sent to me and it did not look good. No way he is 100%. I'm nervous for him because he deserves to get drafted but this injury could prevent it. From what one of our assistant coaches told me today through text they are heaving Jalin is late rounds most likely with the others being free agents.

The rumor was Duck ran bad but the coach did not know his time for sure. Said he heard 4.6s and told me he would deny this if I repeated it and said he said this but he said Duck will not get drafted. Said Duck really blew it and he was pissed the kid listened to the wrong people but wishes him well. Supposedly Flory and Heath tested bad for undersized players.

Anyone have full results?
Outside of Duck looking much bulkier, yeah, he did not do anything that blew me away. He worked with a track guy prior to this and he definitely looked quicker, but I heard if he doesn’t run a sub 4.5, he is not going to garner looks. It definitely was a common thought that Duck made a mistake coming out now.

Right, Stout and Exford definitely did a lot for scouts to pay attention. I’m not sure where their stock was before, but they definitely improved it.

I’m not a huge Heath guy, but he definitely had a good workout. He was wanting to run a sub 4.3 40, and he has, but didn’t yesterday. That definitely would have helped his stock. He has been working with a track guy and his speed in the drills looked great. His hands were on point and he definitely had some interest from a handful of scouts. I’d be shocked if he didn’t get a camp invite, which is ultimately his goal.

I’m not sure what drill you saw of Jalin, but he looked pretty solid in drills. He even slipped during a cone drill and still looked sharp in recovery. What I did notice was he was compensating a little when pulling up on runs and his cardio definitely was not 100%. I think his interviews, mindset, and medical evaluations will be what ultimately is considered. He has the film against P5 competition to evaluate and with modern medical treatment, having this type of injury is not as devastating as it would’ve been in the past. I’m no scout, but I was impressed with what Jalin was doing a few months after a severe injury.
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:51 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:07 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:44 pm
appstatealum wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

I'm hearing that Exford and Stout are the only two who really helped themselves. Someone who knows one of our player and got a clip of Jalin in a drill sent to me and it did not look good. No way he is 100%. I'm nervous for him because he deserves to get drafted but this injury could prevent it. From what one of our assistant coaches told me today through text they are heaving Jalin is late rounds most likely with the others being free agents.

The rumor was Duck ran bad but the coach did not know his time for sure. Said he heard 4.6s and told me he would deny this if I repeated it and said he said this but he said Duck will not get drafted. Said Duck really blew it and he was pissed the kid listened to the wrong people but wishes him well. Supposedly Flory and Heath tested bad for undersized players.

Anyone have full results?
Outside of Duck looking much bulkier, yeah, he did not do anything that blew me away. He worked with a track guy prior to this and he definitely looked quicker, but I heard if he doesn’t run a sub 4.5, he is not going to garner looks. It definitely was a common thought that Duck made a mistake coming out now.

Right, Stout and Exford definitely did a lot for scouts to pay attention. I’m not sure where their stock was before, but they definitely improved it.

I’m not a huge Heath guy, but he definitely had a good workout. He was wanting to run a sub 4.3 40, and he has, but didn’t yesterday. That definitely would have helped his stock. He has been working with a track guy and his speed in the drills looked great. His hands were on point and he definitely had some interest from a handful of scouts. I’d be shocked if he didn’t get a camp invite, which is ultimately his goal.

I’m not sure what drill you saw of Jalin, but he looked pretty solid in drills. He even slipped during a cone drill and still looked sharp in recovery. What I did notice was he was compensating a little when pulling up on runs and his cardio definitely was not 100%. I think his interviews, mindset, and medical evaluations will be what ultimately is considered. He has the film against P5 competition to evaluate and with modern medical treatment, having this type of injury is not as devastating as it would’ve been in the past. I’m no scout, but I was impressed with what Jalin was doing a few months after a severe injury.
The coach I talked to said some teams thought he looked good and others did not. The medical is definitely going to be key for him. Based on things that were said by his camp and ASU he is either behind or they underestimated badly. Hopefully in a month from now he will be full go.

A lot of people said that Duck made a mistake at the time he came out early. Perhaps he just now sees it but there was nobody thought he made the right choice. I wish him well but it just does not look good when you leave school early and don't even get drafted. Nobody leaves early thinking they won't get picked.

Hopefully the XFL is still around this time next year for these guys to have somewhere to land.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:25 pm

What about Stout ?

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:32 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:25 pm
What about Stout ?
What about him?

I overheard a few guys (unidentified) saying Stout looked like a fullback. He seems way too small to be a DL, but his explosion and speed could translate to OLB or something in a 3-4. He is an athlete with a high IQ who works hard, he may get a camp depending on what a team thinks they can do with him.
The Appalachian State

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Thats what i wanted to see.
I love Stouts heart.
I wish the Eagles would take him.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:03 pm

Stout threw up 28 reps at 225. Would have had 30 but two didn’t count.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:00 pm

check out Aaron Donald's size
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”