Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

New 4 game series with Charlotte

Gonzo
School: Appalachian State

Re: New 4 game series with Charlotte

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:53 pm

coffeyman76 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:31 am
We expect more and we've shown that by killing donations
:lol: Uh....no you haven’t

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:54 pm

They’ve never even come close to 3 million in annual donations for the 49er club.

Meanwhile, the Yosef Club has seen over 3 million in contributions for 4 years now.

I’m just tired of encouraging all 5 UNCC fans. They live in a fantasy world. Remember this next time one of them tries to say “App fans only care about football”, even though we financially support ALL of our teams to a much higher degree than they do and with a smaller alumni base to boot.

coffeyman76
School: Charlotte

Unread post by coffeyman76 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 pm

Yeah well if you take the entire comment it was referring to the tenure of Judy rose and our past coach. She wasn't going anywhere until the regents and governors got blown up and the money started drying up. That would have been the 2017 annual. Mike Hill is the real deal probably why we are setting records.

And again, football for almost 100 years VS a 5 year FBS program in a migration city with multiple professional sports. Kudos.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:47 pm

100 years from now you can be like us!

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:47 pm
I guess that's what their fans meant about surpassing us on recruiting, victories, etc.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:50 pm

VNova wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:48 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:47 pm
I guess that's what their fans meant about surpassing us on recruiting, victories, etc.
Potential is potential, boys.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Appftw wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:54 pm

They’ve never even come close to 3 million in annual donations for the 49er club.

Meanwhile, the Yosef Club has seen over 3 million in contributions for 4 years now.

I’m just tired of encouraging all 5 UNCC fans. They live in a fantasy world. Remember this next time one of them tries to say “App fans only care about football”, even though we financially support ALL of our teams to a much higher degree than they do and with a smaller alumni base to boot.
Just for reference, Yosef Club donations were roughly the same UNCC's "record year" ($1,378,510 in 2019) back in 2005-06 when we were in the Southern Conference.

Current Yosef Club donations are 3x that. The last exact figure I was able to find was from 2016 where members donated $3,227,769.

coffeyman76

Unread post by coffeyman76 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:18 pm

As long as the traditions we're helping create now are around in 100 years I'll be happy... And long since deceased. That includes the battle of the beards which is a good thing. Good thing Norm and Yosef are ageless.

I'm willing to wager it won't take near that long to break the chains that are really holding us back and have the cupcakes as only a warm up game on your schedule. That being On-campus resident metrics of course...

Let's add season wins, recruiting and money to the list. Don't even need to spot us 90 years.

MountaineerChemist10

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:27 pm

I'm cool with us. Guarantees us a win every season!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:31 pm

Im hearing “ Wait til basketball season” already.

MountaineerChemist10

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:34 pm

coffeyman76 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 pm
Yeah well if you take the entire comment it was referring to the tenure of Judy rose and our past coach. She wasn't going anywhere until the regents and governors got blown up and the money started drying up. That would have been the 2017 annual. Mike Hill is the real deal probably why we are setting records.

And again, football for almost 100 years VS a 5 year FBS program in a migration city with multiple professional sports. Kudos.
Seriously man, what the hell do you guys hold against us? Will you please explain it to me?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Penis envy

coffeyman76

Unread post by coffeyman76 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:03 pm

MountaineerChemist10 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:34 pm
coffeyman76 wrote:

Seriously man, what the hell do you guys hold against us? Will you please explain it to me?
I'm sorry, not following? Hold against you? Nothing. In fact I've complimented your program on more than one occasion here and my entire point was that the match ups announced are a good thing. IMO for both teams and for the state. Hell I sincerely asked for a recipe for our tailgate in Boone where we are bringing 30+ people to enjoy our weekend, party like we think we are still in college and enjoy some college football in a beautiful setting. It really doesn't get much better.

When you say "guys" if you mean people on forums someplace I hope no one judges a team or a fan base - or anything that matter - by the comments and actions of the loudest on social media or sports forums. I'm sure it's the same person (snowflake) that will be bothered by my repeated use of the pejorative "guys".

To your point, someone posted that I was incorrect with respect to donations. My reference was the end of 2017 and the ouster of Judy Rose for Mike Hill and then ultimately a new head coach, not 2019. We spoke and they listened. It's unfortunate that had to happen with money but thank goodness for good old collegiate capitalism.

Secondly, your athletics program and namely football is now nearing it's 100th year. How many alumni, seasoned with past memories of sports and located in a college town and the top employer in the entire county, have you guys "developed" in order to meet that $3.2m donation level. I say kudos, and I mean it. It's a big number. My point was CLT is only several years into a new FBS program and a few years worth of graduates in a major metro filled with transplants and home to multiple professional sports teams and 1000 other things to siphon money away.

The vast majority of those donations are from alumni like myself (or their businesses) who are contributing to help develop something that never even existed when they were there on top of our FSL requirements. You expect 7 years worth of new grads with debt up to their eyeballs to pony up? Give them a decade and a memory from their time there and they will be important donors one day. And our contributions are increasing because we now have a an AD who gives a &*%$, is committed and we believe. I think you guys call it potential. But last I checked that's exactly what every donation is, money for the commitment to either BE better or STAY the best right?

Or do you cough up good money just for the pleasure of making penis jokes Rek?

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:11 pm

coffeyman76 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:03 pm
MountaineerChemist10 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:34 pm
coffeyman76 wrote:

I'm sorry, not following? Hold against you? Nothing. In fact I've complimented your program on more than one occasion here and my entire point was that the match ups announced are a good thing. IMO for both teams and for the state. Hell I sincerely asked for a recipe for our tailgate in Boone where we are bringing 30+ people to enjoy our weekend, party like we think we are still in college and enjoy some college football in a beautiful setting. It really doesn't get much better.

When you say "guys" if you mean people on forums someplace I hope no one judges a team or a fan base - or anything that matter - by the comments and actions of the loudest on social media or sports forums. I'm sure it's the same person (snowflake) that will be bothered by my repeated use of the pejorative "guys".

To your point, someone posted that I was incorrect with respect to donations. My reference was the end of 2017 and the ouster of Judy Rose for Mike Hill and then ultimately a new head coach, not 2019. We spoke and they listened. It's unfortunate that had to happen with money but thank goodness for good old collegiate capitalism.

Secondly, your athletics program and namely football is now nearing it's 100th year. How many alumni, seasoned with past memories of sports and located in a college town and the top employer in the entire county, have you guys "developed" in order to meet that $3.2m donation level. I say kudos, and I mean it. It's a big number. My point was CLT is only several years into a new FBS program and a few years worth of graduates in a major metro filled with transplants and home to multiple professional sports teams and 1000 other things to siphon money away.

The vast majority of those donations are from alumni like myself (or their businesses) who are contributing to help develop something that never even existed when they were there on top of our FSL requirements. You expect 7 years worth of new grads with debt up to their eyeballs to pony up? Give them a decade and a memory from their time there and they will be important donors one day. And our contributions are increasing because we now have a an AD who gives a &*%$, is committed and we believe. I think you guys call it potential. But last I checked that's exactly what every donation is, money for the commitment to either BE better or STAY the best right?

Or do you cough up good money just for the pleasure of making penis jokes Rek?

When we figure out who’s spot we will be tailgating in I’ll let you know and you can come hang out with us. We will have at least 3 other UNCC folks with us. I enjoy the ribbing as much as anybody but in the end I want to be a good host to all our guest. Welcome to the Rock

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:54 pm

I’ll be hosting 6 UNCC fans at our tailgate. They learned a lot from our tailgating last year and how to travel and be cordial. Coffeeman don’t be so defensive, we just like to poke the bear.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:54 pm
I’ll be hosting 6 UNCC fans at our tailgate. They learned a lot from our tailgating last year and how to travel and be cordial. Coffeeman don’t be so defensive, we just like to poke the bear.
Rek, are you saying UNCC is “the bear”.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:36 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:58 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:54 pm
Rek, are you saying UNCC is “the bear”.

coffeyman76

Unread post by coffeyman76 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:21 pm

Well played sir, well played. ;-)

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:24 am

We will also be hosting two of my wife's former students, both of whom are like family and also current UNCC students, at our tailgate. Looking forward to it!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:37 am

I think this is a good series for both schools. I would much rather play a home and home with a G5, especially one that is easy to travel to watch the games, than a FCS school. My ideal schedule would be a winnable game (or 2) against P5 and the other non conference be made up of G5 teams with home and homes. And yes, I realize that could mean one less home game in some years based on if we can't get a home/home with the extra P5 game, but I would rather play better teams than an extra home game against FCS team. Charlotte fits that bill, just don't know why so many are so negative on this series.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”