Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

New 4 game series with Charlotte

appfanjj
School: Appalachian State

Re: New 4 game series with Charlotte

Unread post by appfanjj » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:43 am

Probably not as much of a knock against the series but a couple of their delusional fans. But...every fan base has some of those. I love the series. Easy travel for fans and teams. Developing rivalry. Good for our recruiting. Winnable game. Also excited about the future ECU game in CLT. Would rather have 2 at home but I think we benefit from this game. Now... beat ETSU!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:45 am

4 days until their first game week and UNCC still doesn’t have a QB.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sport ... 06387.html

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:04 pm

It's great to try and establish a rivalry with UNCC for all the reasons already mentioned. I like it because it's an easy drive for a large portion of our fanbase such as those of us that live in Atlanta.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:11 pm

I didn't realize they were switching to a Spread Option offense. That's a pretty major change, especially if they haven't committed to a QB yet. Could get interesting.

NashvilleNeer

Unread post by NashvilleNeer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:21 am

Appftw wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Nugget49 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:30 pm
Appftw wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:24 pm
and they’re not even in uptown Charlotte.
Actually we are in uptown Charlotte. Next time we play on our campus you can hop on the Light Rail next to this building and ride it to the football stadium. (And thank goodness we are not Atlanta!)

I’ve been in that building for a conference, actually, but having one building in the city does not mean UNCC is located in uptown Charlotte. University City is as much a part of Charlotte as Pineville is. It’s not.
I mean, technically Pineville has their own zip code, but I guess you're not from Charlotte. As someone who went to South Meck for high school, which is basically a stone throw from Pineville, Pineville is Charlotte. University area is a completely different animal. Not even close...

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:54 am

NashvilleNeer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:21 am
Appftw wrote:
Nugget49 wrote:
Appftw wrote:
Actually we are in uptown Charlotte. Next time we play on our campus you can hop on the Light Rail next to this building and ride it to the football stadium. (And thank goodness we are not Atlanta!)

I’ve been in that building for a conference, actually, but having one building in the city does not mean UNCC is located in uptown Charlotte. University City is as much a part of Charlotte as Pineville is. It’s not.
I mean, technically Pineville has their own zip code, but I guess you're not from Charlotte. As someone who went to South Meck for high school, which is basically a stone throw from Pineville, Pineville is Charlotte. University area is a completely different animal. Not even close...
They aren't even close to Uptown. It's about a 20 minute drive down Tryon to get to Uptown from the University area and you go through three or four additional neighborhoods on the way.

"Uptown" as I learned a long time ago is what most people believe to be "downtown", which isn't the case. University Area is basically Harrisburg.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:09 pm

South Meck , home of John Fitch.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:12 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:09 pm
Yes, one of, if not THE, best clutch shooters in App history.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NashvilleNeer

Unread post by NashvilleNeer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:25 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:54 am
NashvilleNeer wrote:
Appftw wrote:
Nugget49 wrote:
Appftw wrote:

They aren't even close to Uptown. It's about a 20 minute drive down Tryon to get to Uptown from the University area and you go through three or four additional neighborhoods on the way.

"Uptown" as I learned a long time ago is what most people believe to be "downtown", which isn't the case. University Area is basically Harrisburg.
But you just tried to compare harrisburg to pineville in relation to uptown and it's not the same.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:38 pm

NashvilleNeer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:25 pm
ericsaid wrote:
NashvilleNeer wrote:
Appftw wrote:
Nugget49 wrote:

But you just tried to compare harrisburg to pineville in relation to uptown and it's not the same.
I am a Charlotte native. I’m 68. It was always downtown until The Civic boosters in the Chamber decided it sounded more big city in th e 80’s

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:42 pm

NashvilleNeer wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
NashvilleNeer wrote:
Appftw wrote:
Nugget49 wrote:

Actually, UNCC is closest to Newell. It's 5 miles from Harrisburg. With the retail, restaurants, traffic and crime the University area is definitely Charlotte. They have a building Uptown. They are not an Uptown/Downtown University (like Georgia State or VCU. They are definitely a Charlotte University, there's no need for anyone to take digs. If you are inside 485, you are essentially in Charlotte these days.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:15 pm

I don't see why it matters if the college is in Charlotte or not.

Saw John Fitch about 18 months ago at a high school basketball camp. He still coaches and enjoys it.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:29 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:38 pm
NashvilleNeer wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
NashvilleNeer wrote:
Appftw wrote:

I am a Charlotte native. I’m 68. It was always downtown until The Civic boosters in the Chamber decided it sounded more big city in th e 80’s
Uptown/downtown?

In a related vein-
https://entertainment.theonion.com/nati ... 1819565355
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:32 pm

They are in Clt sure but no one in Clt cares

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:32 pm
They are in Clt sure but no one in Clt cares
I assume this shorthand for the city is pronounced like a part of the female anatomy. Sadly, I get the same response when I am in Clt.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:57 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:12 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:09 pm
Yes, one of, if not THE, best clutch shooters in App history.
Along with Rufus Leach. Billy Ross. Junior Braswell.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:17 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:42 pm
NashvilleNeer wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
NashvilleNeer wrote:
Appftw wrote:

Actually, UNCC is closest to Newell. It's 5 miles from Harrisburg. With the retail, restaurants, traffic and crime the University area is definitely Charlotte. They have a building Uptown. They are not an Uptown/Downtown University (like Georgia State or VCU. They are definitely a Charlotte University, there's no need for anyone to take digs. If you are inside 485, you are essentially in Charlotte these days.
It wasn't a dig. Any time I spent time around the campus I didn't get a Charlotte vibe. Its proximity to Concord Mills could be responsible for that. I always felt it more attached to that area than to the other direction.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:17 pm

I don't get the dissing of UNCC. It is a fine university. It is a legit university with legit classes. I have never met a UNCC fan that thought they were better than others. I have met some with school pride and I think that is great.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:09 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:17 pm
I don't get the dissing of UNCC. It is a fine university. It is a legit university with legit classes. I have never met a UNCC fan that thought they were better than others. I have met some with school pride and I think that is great.
Then you have never met a Concord fan!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:46 pm

I’ve never met a UNCC first fan in person.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”