Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Troy transfers

huskie3
School: Appalachian State

Re: Troy transfers

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:56 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:49 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:08 am
I really do understand the concept of "the next game is the biggest." That being said, even from a player / team perspective I'm not sure that concept has to be applied over the summer. I can't imagine many things more de-motivating to our guys that trying to focus solely on ETSU for the entire off-season. I absolutely hope that for the 7 - 10 days leading up to the game, that is their focus and they take it seriously.
This and the previous post by AtlAppMan are absolutely true. The idea that the team would spend nine months game planning for anyone, let alone ETSU, should be laughable on its face.

I'd actually go a step further and say the "next game is the biggest" line doesn't really make sense. Sometimes fans struggle to discern between motivational tactics and reality.
You will never win an Internet battle using logic. :mrgreen:
Bring Your A Game!

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Re: Troy transfers

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:25 pm

I’m pretty sure that no coach, including Drink goes game by game with the team before the season and projects how they will do against each opponent. And no coach would tell his team to not worry about certain opponents and only focus on the “real” competition. Lord have mercy we all know that the first game is the most important and after that the next becomes the most important and so on. Do we really have to wait until the week of the USC or UNC games to speculate or talk about them? It’s a long summer and we get bored and need a football fix. That being said....

Beat ETSU

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”