Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Appalachian Unpopular Opinions

ASU2012
School: Appalachian State

Re: Appalachian Unpopular Opinions

Unread post by ASU2012 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:07 am

Anyone that chants "move the chains move the chains move em move em move em" after a a first down should be banned from the stadium

The inability to correctly chant "App" "State" between the sides of the stadium is embarrassing

The Alma Mater should be put back up on the jumbotron while played so currents students will learn the words

Woodlands BBQ is the best restaurant all around in the high country

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:52 am

This is devolving into "reasons you need to get back on your meds."

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:10 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:29 am
We don’t need stadium expansion at all. In fact we need a more cozy feel so there needs to be a plan to remove seating. Fill the hill and cram as many people we can into the lower levels. It would be more intimidating and there really isn’t any upside to playing P5’s at home. ETSU and Wofford will bring enough fans. Games look awesome on PBS.
Aside from the absolutely insane comment about there being no upside to hosting P5’s, i can agree with mostly the rest. Heard the new Wake AD on radio yesterday talking about how money can be much more well spent when you don’t have an enormous stadium that you have to do upkeep on. We don’t need to be the biggest, but upscale amenities are what we need.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:16 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:10 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
We don’t need stadium expansion at all. In fact we need a more cozy feel so there needs to be a plan to remove seating. Fill the hill and cram as many people we can into the lower levels. It would be more intimidating and there really isn’t any upside to playing P5’s at home. ETSU and Wofford will bring enough fans. Games look awesome on PBS.
Aside from the absolutely insane comment about there being no upside to hosting P5’s, i can agree with mostly the rest. Heard the new Wake AD on radio yesterday talking about how money can be much more well spent when you don’t have an enormous stadium that you have to do upkeep on. We don’t need to be the biggest, but upscale amenities are what we need.
You know the theme for this ridiculous thread right?

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:20 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:16 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
I commented on your unpopular opinion, what about it?

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:24 pm

smokeshow wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:46 pm
1. Our current student fan base are some of the least educated football fans in college.

2. Too many of our fans care about tradition and treat our traditions like Ohio dotting the "I" and UGA wearing silver britches. We aren't good enough to treat our traditions that way.

3. Biggest sport mistake we have made in last 10 years was firing Billy Jones and busting up the best recruiting class we had seen in a long time.
Wouldn’t mind hearing you expand on 3 a little. Jones couldn’t be fired soon enough IMO, no reason for a school like App in this talent rich baseball state to be terrible 4 years straight.

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:28 pm

May have been said already i didnt read every post. But the theme was supposed to be an unpopular opinion you legitimately hold. Not how absurd a thing can you throw out into the ether here. I think I can finally see how we have such cognitive dissonance in this country after seeing how two completely different takes arose out of this.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:57 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
A lot of people have been getting the “theme” of the thread wrong.

This is supposed to be an opinion that you actually hold that the majority of the fan base would disagree with( see Gonzo or the dude that said that Duck wasn’t good etc), not just to say outlandish things like I like warm soda or GaSou fans or whatever.

For instance my unpopular opinion is that I liked the track.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:22 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:57 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

This is supposed to be an opinion that you actually hold that the majority of the fan base would disagree with( see Gonzo or the dude that said that Duck wasn’t good etc), not just to say outlandish things like I like warm soda or GaSou fans or whatever.

I think they realize they're not strictly following the theme. The disconnect is in how funny those posters believe themselves to be.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:21 pm

ASU2012 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:07 am
Anyone that chants "move the chains move the chains move em move em move em" after a a first down should be banned from the stadium

The inability to correctly chant "App" "State" between the sides of the stadium is embarrassing

The Alma Mater should be put back up on the jumbotron while played so currents students will learn the words

Woodlands BBQ is the best restaurant all around in the high country
FWIW I stand by all of my opinions but I have no idea if they are "unpopular" or not.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Buncha hipsters.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:11 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:22 pm
BallantyneApp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

I think they realize they're not strictly following the theme. The disconnect is in how funny those posters believe themselves to be.
Yeh but it's a shame because this really was a clever and fun thread had the rules been followed.

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:36 pm

Getting this thread back on track:
-- Peppers is overrated
-- Booneshine makes better beer than AMB
-- The Dexter Coakley-era football uniforms are the best looking we've ever had
-- The current gold helmets and tops have looked good 0 (zero) times (the pants are fine)

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:38 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

They are being sarcastic . Most know what the theme is saying.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:28 pm

SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:36 pm
-- Peppers is overrated
-- The current gold helmets and tops have looked good 0 (zero) times (the pants are fine)
Are any of these actually unpopular?

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:59 pm

I'm not completely sold on Kermit Smith as baseball coach, considering how the team fell off at the end of the season.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:47 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:59 pm
I'm not completely sold on Kermit Smith as baseball coach, considering how the team fell off at the end of the season.
Not saying you don’t have a point but, and I’m assuming you’re talking the Ark State series on, i just don’t think that’s a large enough sample size to draw conclusions. In fact, looking at the season long sample I’d say it was a surprisingly decent year. But i do agree it was a disappointing ending - i wondered if the pressure of them in the hunt for the East combined with being so young caused guys to press a bit. We’ll know more next year and the year after as we finally have played a year with 35 guys and Kermit will have stacked a couple recruiting classes. Really hoping we can hold on to Mason Doolittle of this years class.

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:06 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

I feel personally attacked
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:15 pm

Appfan was better than the cabin....

Ok, can’t even say that even for the rage value

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:09 pm

SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:36 pm
-- Peppers is overrated
Possibly unpopular counter-opinion: the all-gold unis look great as an occasional alternate. I prefer them to all-white.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”