Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State Athletics Announces Rewards Program for Heroes Day

87ASUgrad
School: Appalachian State

App State Athletics Announces Rewards Program for Heroes Day

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:31 pm

Sharing this again because it is a good program = Great program for Heroes Day on 23Nov19 Vs. Texas State to sponsor military members, first-responders, and their families to attend an App State football game. Tickets are only $20. We sponsored 5. We challenge all App State Grads and/or Retired Veterans to sponsor one. The POC at the App State ticket office is Trevor Taylor at 828-262-2079

Give Em Hell!!

NoLongerLurking
School: Appalachian State

Re: App State Athletics Announces Rewards Program for Heroes Day

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:05 pm

I'm a YC member and season ticket holder ever since my combat-related medical "retirement" in 2013 thanks to a rocket attack after 4 tours in the sandbox. I kinda wish there was a first responders/non combat vet day AND a combat Vet recognition day.... but I also know it takes a lot of courage just to sign up to do any of it. I understand the sentiments of calling folks heroes, but there are plenty of military personnel that haven't seen a fraction of the tragedy EMS/FIRE deal with as far as decapitations/death/fire/misery/pain AND vice versa. Volunteer/part-time "heroes" deal with it nearly every single day and most work a blue collar job with a radio on their waist. Those folks deserve recognition separated from others that deserve recognition. I know that was clear as mud, but I think Veterans and first responders should not have to share a day of recognition.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”