Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Improving a tradition

Yosef84

Re: Improving a tradition

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:21 pm

gsoappfan wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:16 pm
"Welcome to the Rock", delivered by Sean Connery came from the movie "The Rock" in 1996.
Duh!!! You're right. After I sent that I realized that was way too far back and I had the wrong movie. I hadn't made it back yet to correct. Thanks.

ComebackShack
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by ComebackShack » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:39 pm

What if we somehow leveraged our connections and got Sean Connery to record a video with us delivering the line specifically for us? The only issue I have with the video we currently use is that it's grainy.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:09 pm

Dang this thread has taken a turn for the surreal.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:19 pm

I like Sean Connery but I really think we need to retire this video and have some "Appalachian Celebs" (Former athletes, coaches, University Administrators, famous alums....whatever) make some videos. I know this was tried once before with Eric Church but it could be executed better and I think people are more receptive to it. Maybe we could even have some of them do it LIVE if they were able to attend. I'm not the first to suggest this, so I'm not claiming "ownership" of the idea but I like it. Make a big deal out of it with publicity emails telling about the person. This could be the Appalachian equivalent to the Ohio State "dotting the i" tradition.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:19 pm
I like Sean Connery but I really think we need to retire this video and have some "Appalachian Celebs" (Former athletes, coaches, University Administrators, famous alums....whatever) make some videos. I know this was tried once before with Eric Church but it could be executed better and I think people are more receptive to it. Maybe we could even have some of them do it LIVE if they were able to attend. I'm not the first to suggest this, so I'm not claiming "ownership" of the idea but I like it. Make a big deal out of it with publicity emails telling about the person. This could be the Appalachian equivalent to the Ohio State "dotting the i" tradition.

I mentioned this before but Doug did respond to my email and said they had been working on some things with “Eric Church, Luke Combs, etc.” So it looks like something’s going to change.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”