Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State UNC sold out in 30 minutes

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: App State UNC sold out in 30 minutes

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:22 am

Appster99 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:40 pm
From what I have read on here we have sold out away games at CLT last year and now Chapel Hill this year to schools who do not regularly sell out. By most accounts we travel really well and have a substantial showing virtually anywhere east of the Mississippi. What is it going to take for us to sell out home games? We need at least 25K for every home game. Legitimately asking, how many users on this board have season tickets, attend every game, and are Yosef Club members? Obvious free pass to people who live in a state that is not NC and doesn't adjoin to NC.
Live in Florida and I am a Yosef Club member. I had season tickets up until a couple of years ago but got them primarily so a buddy would have enough parking for his group of 10 and a free seat to keep their coats. I make at least one or two home games a year. I have tickets for USC and if life works out this year, I am hoping to make it to a few more away games this year.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:03 am

We are not "selling out" KBS only by virtue of the grass seating that is available and that we include in our definition of a sell-out. Our average attendance exceeds the actual number of stadium seats, so by the standard of most programs, we ARE selling out and we are regularly selling "standing room" tickets or their equivalent.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:08 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:03 am
We are not "selling out" KBS only by virtue of the grass seating that is available and that we include in our definition of a sell-out. Our average attendance exceeds the actual number of stadium seats, so by the standard of most programs, we ARE selling out and we are regularly selling "standing room" tickets or their equivalent.
Now to sell out those games well in advance of gameday & convert those folks to season ticket holders...

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:58 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
That's a great point.

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:23 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
I've missed one home game in five years and it was a Thursday when there was no way for me to get off work. Only Wake and Miami were there actually "standing room only". How do we get butts in seats?

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Appster99 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:23 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
I've missed one home game in five years and it was a Thursday when there was no way for me to get off work. Only Wake and Miami were there actually "standing room only". How do we get butts in seats?
This topic has been beat to death in multiple threads over the years. I certainly don't have any magical answers. When season tickets are sold, if those people don't attend a game, the seat is empty. Not much can be done about that and it happens a lot when we have rainy and/or extra cold weather. I personally think the mini-packages of season tickets should be brought back. Those packages appeal to a lot of folks with busy schedules or tight budgets. I think our success and the quality of our schedule will help bring in fans over the next couple of years. I guess we'll see.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:19 pm

" Those packages appeal to a lot of folks with busy schedules or tight budgets."
Amen!
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:00 pm

It will happen, every year we graduate 1000’s of students, and a percentage of them will buy Season tix. To maximize, We need a concerted effort to truly connect alumni, establishing relationships that will keep folks coming up the mountain for games. No doubt people love football, but if not connected to a group, they will pass on the tix and watch at home. Trust me, I’ve seen it a ton. Connect the alumni, keep the game day atmosphere great, and the flood gates will open.

Overcashed

Unread post by Overcashed » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:22 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:55 pm
I personally think the mini-packages of season tickets should be brought back. Those packages appeal to a lot of folks with busy schedules or tight budgets.
Yep, I would spring for a few game package over a full season. I can't make it back up to Boone for every home game (as much as I would like to) but could make 3 or so games work easily.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:32 am

AppOrange wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:00 pm
It will happen, every year we graduate 1000’s of students, and a percentage of them will buy Season tix. To maximize, We need a concerted effort to truly connect alumni, establishing relationships that will keep folks coming up the mountain for games. No doubt people love football, but if not connected to a group, they will pass on the tix and watch at home. Trust me, I’ve seen it a ton. Connect the alumni, keep the game day atmosphere great, and the flood gates will open.
It does make complete sense that we should (and I believe do) target new alumni in order to build our loyal fan base. They are easily identifiable and a high percentage would be receptive. There are probably opportunities for improvement here but I'm no marketing person.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:07 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:32 am
AppOrange wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:00 pm
It does make complete sense that we should (and I believe do) target new alumni in order to build our loyal fan base. They are easily identifiable and a high percentage would be receptive. There are probably opportunities for improvement here but I'm no marketing person.
The promise of free beer would bring 'em up the mountain. ;)
Google SUX

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 pm

I can recall a game against Coastal back in the FCS days when the announced attendance was over 31k. We had roughly 22k permanent seats that year so I would say it qualifies as a sellout in my book. Is the main concern ticket sales or butts in the seats? Obviously it’s both but if folks have that kind of money- to purchase but not come then there isn’t much that can be done. It would be interesting to see those numbers- empty seats that were paid for.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:01 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 pm
I can recall a game against Coastal back in the FCS days when the announced attendance was over 31k. We had roughly 22k permanent seats that year so I would say it qualifies as a sellout in my book. Is the main concern ticket sales or butts in the seats? Obviously it’s both but if folks have that kind of money- to purchase but not come then there isn’t much that can be done. It would be interesting to see those numbers- empty seats that were paid for.
1. With the ticket exchange thing, there is virtually no reason for very many empty seats.
2. More emphasis on walk ups should be done. Some casual fans think there is very little chance of getting in without season tickets. That's far from the case. Never have seen the time the ticket windows weren't open as game time came. I can't even estimate how many tickets...excellent seats...I have bought from dudes standing outside the stadium as game time approached. Filling the seats for great game atmosphere should be just as much of a priority as season tickets.
Google SUX

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:01 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 pm
1. With the ticket exchange thing, there is virtually no reason for very many empty seats.
2. More emphasis on walk ups should be done. Some casual fans think there is very little chance of getting in without season tickets. That's far from the case. Never have seen the time the ticket windows weren't open as game time came. I can't even estimate how many tickets...excellent seats...I have bought from dudes standing outside the stadium as game time approached. Filling the seats for great game atmosphere should be just as much of a priority as season tickets.
I disagree with #2. Our program survives on the walk-ups. My personal opinion is that it is so well known folks can walk-up and get tickets, there is little to no incentive to purchase season tickets.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 pm

I'll pay double face value for 4 tickets if seller agrees to donate profits to YC.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:55 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 pm
I'll pay double face value for 4 tickets if seller agrees to donate profits to YC.
Good point, NLL. I would also if my budget would allow.
Google SUX

97APP

Unread post by 97APP » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:14 am

AppDawg wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:01 pm
.... Some casual fans think there is very little chance of getting in without season tickets. ....
I disagree with #2. Our program survives on the walk-ups. My personal opinion is that it is so well known folks can walk-up and get tickets, there is little to no incentive to purchase season tickets.
Completely agree with you AppDawg there's no ticket scarcity to drive season ticket sales. Everyone knows that they can, at the very least, sit on the hill for any game they wish to attend.

To drive season tickets beyond where it currently is - we need a price point discounted enough that it attracts anyone considering attending multiple games and/or we need to create scarcity by setting a hard cap on ticket sales for the Hill/SRO. So if you want a guaranteed ticket to the biggest games, then season tickets are the best option. I wouldn't allow the hard cap to restrict student access - just ticket sales beyond the cap.
Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:10 pm

I could be wrong but I really don’t think empty seats from season ticket holders is a huge issue. I’m sure somebody has the exact number but I don’t think we have more than around 4000 season ticket holders. If half don’t show for a game that’s only 2000 empty seats.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:57 pm

Dang guys these tickets are not expensive.....

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:38 pm

When administration says 4,000 season ticket holders are they saying 4,000 tickets or 4,000 accounts? I am 1 individual but I buy 4 tickets. I know some of you buy 4,6 or 8 tickets. I tend to believe it is 4,000 accounts.
Bring Your A Game!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”