Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC parking pass

Rick83
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC parking pass

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:10 am

You can always Uber in if you don't want to mess with a shuttle.

PoplarHillApp

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:58 am

Chapel Hill Transit also offers the Tar Heel Express on Game Days. If you are just looking to get in and out of Kenan Stadium, then it's the way to go - $5 round trip per person with no charge to park. My father and I used to use it when we went to games together down there. We would park in Carrboro and hop the bus. It drops/picks you up right next Kenan Stadium. The only downside is that it stops running 45 minutes after the game, so there's no time to see anything. However, you can always drive in afterwards and there is plenty of parking.

https://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-h ... el-express

97APP

Unread post by 97APP » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 am

PoplarHillApp wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:58 am
Chapel Hill Transit also offers the Tar Heel Express on Game Days. If you are just looking to get in and out of Kenan Stadium, then it's the way to go - $5 round trip per person with no charge to park. My father and I used to use it when we went to games together down there. We would park in Carrboro and hop the bus. It drops/picks you up right next Kenan Stadium. The only downside is that it stops running 45 minutes after the game, so there's no time to see anything. However, you can always drive in afterwards and there is plenty of parking.

This is what I'm thinking about (parking in the Friday lot). Are there any concerns/suggestions that you know of? (Planning on going with my wife)
Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

PoplarHillApp

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:19 pm

97APP wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 am
PoplarHillApp wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:58 am

This is what I'm thinking about (parking in the Friday lot). Are there any concerns/suggestions that you know of? (Planning on going with my wife)
I've not ever really experienced any issues with the Tar Heel Express and my Father and I used it most every game that we attended at Kenan over the years. It was extremely convenient for us to get in and out quickly and not get into Chapel Hill game traffic. A great advantage is that it drops you close to the stadium so you don't have to walk nearly as far.

I went to many, many games there from the 1970's through the early 2000's as my whole family graduated from there and my Father had season tickets for over 40 years (I broke tradition and decided to attend ASU - best decision I could have made). I'm not sure if they are still running it from the little shopping center in Carrboro where we used to catch it, though. You might want to call or check the website.

It's worked great for me in the past, especially if you are wanting to get in/out of the game as quickly as possible. The only real disadvantage is that it only runs for 45 minutes after the game so there's no time to mess around after the game. I'm not sure if it runs during the game or not, in the event you would want to leave early (i.e. poor weather, etc.). If I remember correctly, it starts running out of the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter but don't hold me to that.

My original plan was to use the Tarheel Express again for our matchup on the 21st, but the lady decided she wanted us to go/do/see around Chapel Hill before and after the game because she's never been there before.

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Most of the BGP 333 Club are parking in Manning which is sold out... I have a feeling that the UNC game is going to look a lot like the Coastal game last year tailgate wise. There had to be twice as much black and gold in the lots.

If you are not supporting the Black and Gold Podcast on Patreon you should really consider it! Alex and Big C do great work with the podcast plus you get access to a pretty cool group on Facebook.

appgrunt71

Unread post by appgrunt71 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:40 am

Just got two in 440 North, $13 ea. Tailgating allowed.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:41 pm

StubHub has some close to the stadium, not cheap buT close! We got some in Bell Tower Deck and you can put tents up outside of it....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”