Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Parking Question

BookmanApp
School: Appalachian State

Parking Question

Unread post by BookmanApp » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:33 pm

Can anyone tell me about parking in lot HHS? It looks like it’s pretty far out. Does a shuttle run from that lot to the stadium? My wife just had surgery and I’m not sure she can handle the walk for the first couple games.

appbanker

Re: Parking Question

Unread post by appbanker » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Yes there is a shuttle. Not sure where it will drop off with the new construction.

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Don't know where I heard it, but it seems like someone said they will be dropping off at the intersection of Stadium and Rivers St. But yes, there is a regular shuttle. We used to park there before we got into Rivers St Deck. It is walkable, but not a short walk.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:24 pm

Here’s some information from 2018...I used it some last year and had no issues. Take the shuttle no need to walk.

“Appalachian State Athletics has acquired game day use of the parking lot where the Watauga County Human Services Building is located off the Poplar Grove Connector between the west end of King Street and Poplar Grove Road/Rivers Street. The Human Services lot has an address of 132 Poplar Grove Connector.

The lot is on the game day route for AppalCart public transportation to drop off fans close to Kidd Brewer Stadium.” (Peacock Traffic Circle)
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:31 pm

BookmanApp wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:33 pm
Can anyone tell me about parking in lot HHS? It looks like it’s pretty far out. Does a shuttle run from that lot to the stadium? My wife just had surgery and I’m not sure she can handle the walk for the first couple games.
Check about handicap parking, there is a shuttle that drops at East gate. Handicap used to be near Holmes.
Bring Your A Game!

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:28 pm

First year parking at Legends lot. My wife just had some surgery as well. Does Appalcart run from Legends to stadium?

Gnomeneer

Unread post by Gnomeneer » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Why is the Yosef's parking map Lettered and the Campus parking lot numbered? We are in the mountaineer lot, and later found out that it is not behind Mountaineer Hall, but on the Roof of the Stadium Parking lot. Kinda confusing.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Gnomeneer wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:50 pm
Why is the Yosef's parking map Lettered and the Campus parking lot numbered? We are in the mountaineer lot, and later found out that it is not behind Mountaineer Hall, but on the Roof of the Stadium Parking lot. Kinda confusing.
They were simply trying to name the new lots, not necessarily tie lot names to buildings. The new Mountaineer lot is the top of the new deck plus the surface spaces behind Bowie and Eggers. Having spent the day Friday volunteering at freshman move-in, I'd say that's going to be some sweet tailgating!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

appyirish

Unread post by appyirish » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:13 am

MDaniels84 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:28 pm
First year parking at Legends lot. My wife just had some surgery as well. Does Appalcart run from Legends to stadium?
I am also parking in the Legends Lot for the first time (previously was assigned to the Library Deck). Although I have no mobility issues (completed my 11th and 12th marathon the past year), my wife has some issues. I inquired with Appalcart regarding service to the Legends Lot on game day and this was their response: "I am sorry, there is no service to Hardin street on Saturdays. There is a stop at Hoey Hall, next to Legends, but it is only served Monday thru Friday." They did give me the following link: https://www.appalcart.com/gameday However, the service appears of limited use for football patrons. Very disappointed. I hope for more serviceable routes in regards to football fans in the future.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:47 am

I have a parking pass to the HHS lot if someone would like to swap with me. Would take Legends or Library Deck

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”