Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Visitor's Locker Room

Saint3333

Visitor's Locker Room

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:25 am

People were discussing the visitors locker room in the Quinn Center for 2019 and they'll have to walk both the south endzone hill to enter the field this year. Not ideal, but the response below can't be correct. Are we going to give visitors access to the west tower locker rooms and have them run down the ramp across the field to the east side? Someone please tell me this individual is mis-informed.

It isn't the long term solution. The new end zone facility will house the new App locker rooms and the away team will now be in what has serves at the App locker rooms most recently. The issue lies as to whether or not the new App locker rooms will be ready for the 2020 date they mentioned. Based off an interview with Gillan, it has been reported that only the first and fourth floors will be ready and we may be holding out for more funding before they can completely finish the design of the 2nd and 3rd. I would think the locker room should be on the ground floor so I would imagine it will be ready.

mountaineerman
School: Appalachian State

Re: Visitor's Locker Room

Unread post by mountaineerman » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:33 am

If this is true then whoever approved this should be demoted. This cannot happen.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:49 am

Hey, it is major construction. We will do the best we can.

How were the visitor's lockers at Coastal last year? I heard they sucked.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 am

Locker rooms are recruiting tools. This will be taken care of.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:06 am

It is what it is. They will remove the stone from the current locker room and make it uglier for the visitors no doubt, and the new locker room will be even more opulent (they could possibly reuse the existing stone too).

The west side concourse is already an absolute nightmare on game day, so roping it off for 5 minutes so the visitors can come thru just doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. What am I missing?

Wally

Unread post by Wally » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:07 am

I've heard that the Quinn Center will be the permanent home for the visitor locker rooms, and I hope that is true. I also heard that the current locker room will still be used by App for practice. Take it with a grain of salt, I have no idea if this is true or not, but I like the idea of the Quinn WAY better than letting the visiting team use the current locker room.

zim262

Unread post by zim262 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:10 am

I say for Georgia Southern we drag an old double wide onto the dirt construction site at the north end zone. They'll feel right at home. Maybe add a '75 Pinto sitting on blocks.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:12 am

Appftw wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:06 am
It is what it is. They will remove the stone from the current locker room and make it uglier for the visitors no doubt, and the new locker room will be even more opulent (they could possibly reuse the existing stone too).

The west side concourse is already an absolute nightmare on game day, so roping it off for 5 minutes so the visitors can come thru just doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. What am I missing?
They already to this for our team. I don't see the difference

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:13 am

Other than entering/leaving the field via the "home" side what are the cons of the existing locker room becoming the visitors locker room once the new locker room is completed?
WE ARE YOSEF!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:18 am

Appftw wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:06 am

This mentality shouldn’t exist when it comes to being competitive in sports. “It is what it is” is a pet peeve of mine and a complacent approach which we don’t have to live with at App any longer.

Ok I’ll stop yelling at the cloud now.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:25 am

I totally understand what you’re saying and agree to an extent, but there’s a certain amount of realism that needs to be observed when you’re using a 60 year old facility that was never designed to be an end-all be-all football facility for 35,000 rabid fans. Once our fans actually step up and put money into this program we won’t have to deal with “it is what it is”.

Wally

Unread post by Wally » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:36 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:25 am
People were discussing the visitors locker room in the Quinn Center for 2019 and they'll have to walk both the south endzone hill to enter the field this year. Not ideal, but the response below can't be correct. Are we going to give visitors access to the west tower locker rooms and have them run down the ramp across the field to the east side? Someone please tell me this individual is mis-informed.

It isn't the long term solution. The new end zone facility will house the new App locker rooms and the away team will now be in what has serves at the App locker rooms most recently. The issue lies as to whether or not the new App locker rooms will be ready for the 2020 date they mentioned. Based off an interview with Gillan, it has been reported that only the first and fourth floors will be ready and we may be holding out for more funding before they can completely finish the design of the 2nd and 3rd. I would think the locker room should be on the ground floor so I would imagine it will be ready.
Meanwhile, the P5 programs are putting body dryers in the showers and looking for places to spend all of their cash. The money discrepancy between the P5s and G5s is just overwhelming when it comes to facilities and salaries. I give what I can and I gave to Make an Impact, but we need so much more. How about a little revenue sharing in college athletics???

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:17 am

OK - I am a little lost - Will the visitors be using the Quinn this season? and if so, how will they get to the field? - thanks ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:29 am

It's time for the university to genuinely push for donations from alumni and fans. We can continue to have these half-ass projects with no certain end date all because of money. Weather is bad so there is a delay, cool, but to have a potential hold up because of money, we've got to do better. I think there should be heavy promotion at all sporting events.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:33 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:17 am
OK - I am a little lost - Will the visitors be using the Quinn this season? and if so, how will they get to the field? - thanks ---
Pat and Charlie.

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:33 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:17 am
There was a Twitter post a few days ago that showed the path the visitors will take on their walk down from the Quinn. Two trips up and down - pre-game- half, and end of game. Not sure where the buses will drop them off.

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 am

The basketball visitor locker rooms may be available on game days. Let's cram anyone who complains about it being hard to get to Boone in the Holmes Center. The Quinn Center will seem like a dream! And yes, this is SARCASM!

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 am

So wait, is our issue that this is too nice of a locker room for the visiting team?

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:32 pm

I think the OPs question was more about once the new facility is open, where will the visitor's locker room be? I would like to think that using our existing locker rooms in the Richts complex and having the visiting team cross the concourse, a la our team now, would be fine. Plenty stadium have the visitors come out of tunnels that are exposed to the fans above to potentially be rude and obnoxious. Outside of Stink, I don't see that being a problem with our fan base. The other option is save money on the locker rooms in the new building and have that be the visitors' locker rooms. Make them comfortable, but not as nice as a home locker room would be. Only that doesn't jive with the new training facility that is to be located in the new facility. IMO, including a visitor locker room in one end of the new facility would be ideal, but it may not be feasible. No matter what happens there will still be those who have no dog in the fight that still complain.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:30 pm

I love how armchair quarterbacks and coaches are frowned upon here, but armchair architects are a dime a dozen!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”