Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Alcohol Sales in KBS

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Alcohol Sales in KBS

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:09 pm

BOONE, N.C. — Appalachian State will implement alcohol sales at Kidd Brewer Stadium beginning with the Aug. 31 football season opener against East Tennessee State.

After Gov. Roy Cooper signed North Carolina House Bill 389 into law on June 26 to allow public universities to sell beer and wine at athletics facilities, the Appalachian State University's Board of Trustees approved a resolution on July 25 to allow the university to seek alcohol sales permits for athletics facilities.

Director of Athletics Doug Gillin said university officials and community partners collaborated to develop sales policies and procedures that prioritize a safe, positive experience for all attendees.

"We appreciate everyone who has been part of this thorough, diligent effort to further enhance the game day experience for our fans," Gillin said. "The atmosphere at The Rock is already among the best in the country, and we believe these new options will be a positive addition. Throughout the planning process, we have prioritized fan safety and security and want to maintain a family-friendly environment on game days."

Sales locations
Beer will be sold at six different locations – three in the east concourse, two in the west concourse and one in the south end zone behind the video board – and served by Red Moon Catering and Reid's Catering. See concessions map here.

Policies and Procedures
Service begins with the opening of main gates, two hours prior to kickoff, and ends at the completion of the third quarter.
All patrons will be required to produce valid identification, which will be checked at the point of sale during each transaction.
Per state law, patrons 21 years of age or older will be permitted to purchase a maximum of one alcoholic beverage per transaction with valid identification.
Patrons will not be permitted to leave the stadium with alcohol purchased within the venue.
Law enforcement and contracted security staff will monitor the concourse and seating areas for underage drinking, beverage pass-offs and problematic patrons or situations.
Public service announcements about drinking responsibly will be shown on the video board and announced via the stadium's public address system.
Policies and procedures will be subject to change and modification as the process evolves. Plans for beer and wine sales at additional App State athletics venues continue to be evaluated.

The back-to-back-to-back Sun Belt champion Mountaineers will host a pair of home games to start the 2019 campaign – Aug. 31 vs. ETSU and Sept. 7 vs. Charlotte – before traveling to Chapel Hill for a Sept. 21 tilt against UNC. View the entire 2019 football schedule here.

App State football season tickets are available to purchase online, by phone at 828-262-2079 or in person at the App State athletics ticket office located in the Holmes Center.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

HkyMtneer

Re: Alcohol Sales in KBS

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:17 pm

So glad to see things move along fast enough as to be ready to go Game 1. Now, the next question becomes, what kind of cross-section of styles/brands will we carry, or will we "play it safe" and go with the Yosef Golden Ale and a couple of domestics this first season. Wish the release would've included that information but I'm sure they're still trying to figure that part out as we speak.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:19 pm

Good job DG on getting this done. Just need everyone to buy the one that gives the most $ to App State Athletics.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

jwash99

Unread post by jwash99 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Drawback...you can only buy one at a time and I don't think that is enough locations. Lines will be ridiculous

SeattleAlumni#1

Unread post by SeattleAlumni#1 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:27 pm

I agree with the long lines. I remember the first bowl game. There were people waiting in line for entire quarters of the game. It will be exciting for the first couple games but simmer down. I can't imagine myself missing a play in the game for a 10$ beer.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:19 pm

Yeah that was my first reaction too. I just can’t see how anyone thought 6 points of sale is enough.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Where is Woodlands on that concession map? I smell trouble.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:45 pm

Need to have people selling it in the stands
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:27 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:45 pm
Need to have people selling it in the stands
Director of Athletics Doug Gillin said university officials and community partners collaborated to develop sales policies and procedures that prioritize a safe, positive experience for all attendees.

I think it's safe to say that the "university officials and community partners who collaborated to develop sales policies and procedures" wouldn't touch that under ANY circumstances.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

JGthatsme86

Unread post by JGthatsme86 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:11 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:21 pm
Where is Woodlands on that concession map? I smell trouble.
Heard from a very reliable source that Woodlands got fed up with the rising fees to sell their BBQ at games and they are OUT this season...sad to hear.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:24 am

Given next weekend is the inaugural beer game. I bet we sell a bunch of beer (bob).
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:25 am

SeattleAlumni#1 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:27 pm
I agree with the long lines. I remember the first bowl game. There were people waiting in line for entire quarters of the game. It will be exciting for the first couple games but simmer down. I can't imagine myself missing a play in the game for a 10$ beer.
...and that is my only complaint with alcohol sales in the stadium. For many, it becomes a distraction from the actual game. Long beer lines = empty seats. Last year's Charlotte game was a prime example.

If you are going to sell alcohol, find a way to do it in a party deck situation where the servers have their backs to the field and the fans can stay involved in the game while in line.

Just my opinion, but the game and the band should be the focus of the afternoon.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:43 am

Unless Woodlands was losing money they should be there. If I find out it was because they only made 20% profit instead of %50 I’ll never eat there again.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:45 am

Oh and as I mentioned on a different thread I will drink 1 or 2, won’t wait for 5 min and DG it better be COLD!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:12 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:25 am
SeattleAlumni#1 wrote:
...and that is my only complaint with alcohol sales in the stadium. For many, it becomes a distraction from the actual game. Long beer lines = empty seats. Last year's Charlotte game was a prime example.

If you are going to sell alcohol, find a way to do it in a party deck situation where the servers have their backs to the field and the fans can stay involved in the game while in line.

Just my opinion, but the game and the band should be the focus of the afternoon.

My thoughts exactly. Heck, many drinkers won't even remember the game.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:10 pm

I’d pay another $1 for a sandwich, they were part of my 2nd quarter tradition.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:02 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:25 am
SeattleAlumni#1 wrote:

We’re in agreement I’m just offering another comment. For example, and i know they’re much larger stadiums than out, but ECU and NCSU are having 50 points of sale for beer. Obviously we don’t need 50, but i mean come on, 6???? My only request is if you’re going to do something, do it right.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:31 pm

6 points of sale, what do you expect with "in house" concessions? To add more they would have to pay overtime to cafeteria staff.
Bring Your A Game!

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:36 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:31 pm
6 points of sale, what do you expect with "in house" concessions? To add more they would have to pay overtime to cafeteria staff.
2 private catering companies will be serving the alcohol.

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:20 pm

SeattleAlumni#1 wrote:
I only remember one beer spot on our side the first bowl game, and yes, the line was horrible! The second one, there may have been more, but I missed the first 40 yards of Evans kickoff return because of waiting for a cold one.... Never again!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”