Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bye bye track?

ASUPATCH
School: Appalachian State

Bye bye track?

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Looks like the next expansion of KBS is looking at moving the track to its own facility.
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?D ... =206277060

pages 18-19 detail it a bit.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

newtoasu

Re: Bye bye track?

Unread post by newtoasu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:08 pm

I thought it was interesting the recommendation to transition away from "ASU" to "AppState" including changing GoASU.com to AppStateSports.com

I like that idea a lot. Their are so many other ASU's in the country (heck, I work at one: Angelo State University) but there is only one AppState.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:26 pm

newtoasu wrote:I thought it was interesting the recommendation to transition away from "ASU" to "AppState" including changing GoASU.com to AppStateSports.com

I like that idea a lot. Their are so many other ASU's in the country (heck, I work at one: Angelo State University) but there is only one AppState.
Agreed. There's a lot of good ideas in that document.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:27 pm

I detailed some of the bigger points on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/tdogappst

Overall it'll come down to execution. I still remember the Facilities Enhancement Plan of 2005 that included covered tennis courts and a Field House Stadium that didn't happen.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Very encouraging after a quick skim of the document. Glad to see the continued press for facility enhancements for all sports. Lots of good ideas. A new website is definitely needed. Like the move to App State.
• The sustainability of a successful program if “Competitive Peers” surpass us.
Always Attack. ;)

And about time that No Equal is being buried out back. Hopefully in an unmarked grave.

asumike83

Unread post by asumike83 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:56 pm

If all the plans in this document come to fruition, we would have some truly excellent overall facilities. A few things I really liked:

-The dedication to social media as a means to promote the school.
-Getting rid of the 'No Equal' slogan.
-Switch from 'ASU' to 'App State'. Much more distinctive.
-Dedicated track/field hockey facility. Our T&F program deserves their own home, as does football.
-Seating expansion of KBS to include more luxury suites and general seating.
-Upgrading all video boards to HD.
-Expanding Smith Stadium, adding an on-site weight room, all seat-back seating and covered seats. Great to see the baseball program reaping some benefits of their success.
-Alternate practice facility for basketball, on-sight workout facility at the HCC.

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:08 pm

I have been an advocate of across the board uniform, coaches and athletics department attire branding for some time. Although I don't think every uniform should look the same there should be a theme running through the department which utilizes 3-4 approved logos and styles. Each time one of our teams steps off a bus people should know who it is.

This university has outgrown the high school approach of multi-use facilities and it is good to see someone finally gets it. Football and T&F are our most successful programs and each deserves a dedicated facility.

This strikes me as a proposal aimed at attracting new conference membership. ECU just recently finished a big expansion of their facilities and many thought it a prerequisite to acceptance in the BE.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:26 pm

I think I saw in there that Holmes Center would be managed by the Athletics Dept.... A good move IMO.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm

This is basically a plan for a move to FBS. Several components such as implementing Title IX porportional adjustments in 2014-15, the key component of the new branding campaign to be a conference invite, upgrading everything to HD, reorganization of several departments and uniformity among branding is very much a design for a move up.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:29 pm

This looks like an FBS sales presentation. :D

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Can't quote and agree with just about every post so I'll just say AGREE WITH ALL POSTS :D

It does read like a battle plan and I would guess that copies have been sent next day to every conference possible.

One thing I got a laugh out of was the "Establish an alternate location for the weight room in the Athletics Center". Only took a few years to figure out what the planning committee told them in the beginning. That doing Olympic lifts on the second floor is not a good idea, unless you eventually plan on being on the first floor anyway. :lol:

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:04 pm

That looks great and all, but I'm not sure if it's real right now or just a presentation to get an FBS invite. Finally good to see nonetheless.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:14 pm

AppAttack wrote:That looks great and all, but I'm not sure if it's real right now or just a presentation to get an FBS invite. Finally good to see nonetheless.
To me it is a dream list. If we have the money it can be done, but there is no promise that will happen as there is no promise there will be any money or enough money to fund it all. But dreams are never fulfilled without first the dream of the what if, and that takes planning so I am glad to see this out there.

And if it makes us more attractive in that we have some sort of vision then all the better.

How many things are left over from the last time something like this was done?
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

dlh71

Unread post by dlh71 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:15 pm

newtoasu wrote:Iit w thought as interesting the recommendation to transition away from "ASU" to "AppState" including changing GoASU.com to AppStateSports.com

I think Ark. State has dibs on ASU in thr Sunbelt. A move to use App State maybe cleaning up any conflicts with them.

Robert Norton

Unread post by Robert Norton » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:49 pm

The 2 new baseball uniforms I saw the other day have APP STATE on them. Guy at Sport Fanatic said Gorton's Yosef is being phased. No more new orders with that logo. Thinks "Old Yosef" will be brought back again as secondary logo to block A.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:16 am

I travel all over the country and can assure everyone that "App State" already is a recognized national brand. This just makes it official.

Also for those of you who think it is a dream list, you better know where you are going if you are ever going to get there.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Really do not want us to sell the GoASU.com domain though.
Think we should hold onto it.
We may have a reason to have it in the future.
Doubt we make enough money off selling it to justify.
We need to build forthe future.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

appsfan

Unread post by appsfan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:43 pm

PSU = who?; Penn State = Pennsylvania State Univ.
ASU= many? App State = the one and only Appalachian State University!

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:40 pm

dlh71 wrote:
newtoasu wrote:Iit w thought as interesting the recommendation to transition away from "ASU" to "AppState" including changing GoASU.com to AppStateSports.com

I think Ark. State has dibs on ASU in thr Sunbelt. A move to use App State maybe cleaning up any conflicts with them.
That's a good point about Arkansas State, I hope that's the case.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”